Thread: Teen advice

Teen advice

Just out of curiosity if a teen boy that you know came to you that had started crossdressing or would like to try crossdressing asking for advice what advice would you give them.
    What advice would you like to have gotten yourself as a teen?
    Me would tell them to talk to there parents or at least there motherif they felt they could. Don't steal clothing, ask for permission to try stuff on. They are not alone. Ect.
    Last edited by Amanda77; 07-12-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not your kid? Don't get involved!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I'm with Sherry, don't get involved one on one. You can point them to good information, but unless there are serious issues at home like abuse, I'd shy away.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Yeah, a certain amount of detachment is necessary when dealing with other people?s kids. I would probably put them in touch with the local LGBTQ+ center so they could get social and emotional support.

I would absolutely positively NEVER go to their parents! If this person felt comfortable with their parents knowing, they?d be talking to them, not you. Outing someone against their will should NEVER EVER be done. You could be exposing that child to being thrown out of their home, disowned by their parents, assaulted, or even killed.
    Last edited by Micki_Finn; 07-12-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Yep say nothing and don't get involved with a minor!

Silver Member
    Don't get involved. Period. Getting involved with the issues of a minor who is not your child is just ASKING for trouble, on so many levels.

It is a family issue. Not for a stranger to get involved, barring some kind of parental abuse.

This has red flags all over it. Do not get involved in any way.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    I would not get involved at all. I'd tell him it was not appropriate for me to answer his questions as he is a minor. If he were to persist the most I would tell him is to seek out a social service organization or a school counselor.

I think the point of the OP’s post is to simply say what advice would you like to have gotten as a teen? When a post starts with “just out of curiosity”, I don’t think they are actually speaking to someone’s teen son. No need to admonish here.

I personally would have liked someone to say “you are normal, no need for shame and please let your significant other know early on, life is too short to live in a DADT scenario”.
    Last edited by Lux; 07-13-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Yup .... I misread the thread....

As a teen during the 1970's, I'm not sure I would have felt comfortable confiding in anyone about my feminine side.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Reality Check
    Many folks have already posted what I was about to post, but here it is in a nutshell:

You could find yourself in serious trouble by talking to a teen age boy about anything remotely sexual or something not approved by society. It's sad, but that is reality in today's world (at least in the USA).

Don't do it!
    Krisi

My only advice if any, would be to seek out a therapist.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member
    Zip your lips!

Banned Read only
    "If a teen boy came to you..." take your heels off and run in the opposite direction. Fast.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Direct them where they could get help on their own. Tell them to get lots of information from peers in similar situations and learn as much as quickly as they can. The sooner they sort this out the better off the rest of their life will be. I would even explain that seeing a therapist could help them sort things out faster and allow them to get on with their life in whatever way they choose to go forward. The key is more knowledge sooner. That's what I wish I did.

Banned Read only
    Simple answer: Send 'em to this site! If they're under 18, there are still links here.

Warn 'em to use Private browsing!

When I was a teen boy, I thought masturbation was a sin and I confessed to him that I enjoyed it. I didn't tell him that I liked to wear panties while doing it. He told me is was wrong, and compulsive and if I continued masturbating, I would go blind. I asked him if I could just do it until I needed glasses.

When I was in my late teens in college, I spent the weekend with an older friend, he was in his mid twenties. I thought he was a good friend. He was gay. We spent our time together and in the after glow I told him I like to wear women's panties and maybe we could go shopping later. Big mistake. He thought wanting to wear panties and dress like a woman was perversive. I said, "What do you think we just did!" I was shocked that someone could be so liberal in his sexual orientation and life style and politics could be so closeminded on variations. The rest of the weekend was a bust. I later learned he died of AIDS.

The next person I told of my affectation for dressing as an "Iowa farmwife" was my wife. That was back in 1973...we're still together. I am really thinning my wardrobe now, I didn't realize how many night gowns, robes adn pajama sets I had. almost one in every color.
    Last edited by Ozark; 07-25-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Point them to scarleteen.com -- lots of good info there.

If the teen is not your child offer no help. These days it is too easy for the parents to feel you are a predator and had no business in theirs and they could cause you far too much grief.
    If it was a relative then offer what advice you feel is appropriate.

I would have loved having a relative know and understand my feelings when I was a teen. What a burden would have been lifted. Years after my teens I discovered one cousin was gay. He most likely would have understood and I would have had someone to talk to at least. Ah good old hindsight....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

MYOB...period...end of post. Pandora?s Box.