Thread: How I found my girlfriend and how accepting she turned out to be

How I found my girlfriend and how accepting she turned out to be

I met my girlfriend through joining a singles group (not a dating club but a social group) ,some time after we bagan to chat via Skype, she did not know i dressed then and at that time i was unsure as to how many here got to know about my dressing, however one day whilst chatting she said " is that nail varnish I can see"! I thought oops I might lose a friend here but I said yes but you need to know something and I would rather talk face to face.
    A couple of days later I went to vist her and told her everything, why I dressed, what made me be like this and so on.
    Her reply was eye opening, she said "so what its only clothes its still you underneath" and I asked her did it bother her in any way to be told "why should it".
    From then on whenever I visited her I dressed. There is near me a French restaurant does that English style fish and chips once a month, we had been going there but not with me dressed and on this occasion I asked her pants or skirt tonight and right away she said skirt of course from then on whenever and wherever we went I dressed.
    After that our lives got closer and closer and we fell in love.
    Our meeting and getting together gets even more amazing when I found out I had worked with her brother in England from 1975 to 1981 and not only that she had lived in the same county as I did and about 40 miles away from my house althought we did not know eachother then.
    Of course many months have passed since "is that nail polish" had occurred in fact nearly 18 months in that time she has been great help with shopping for skirts and tops even telling me only just last week when I stayed with her, what a pretty bra I was wearing!
    She is a gem and has brought much happiness into my life even including total and unequivocal acceptance of my dressing. She tells what will look right on me but always says but " you are the one to be wearing it and you have to be happy, you must not wear something that I think is right you have to make your own mind up", What she was inferring was that I could freely make my own fashion decisions but she would be a guiding a light if I had doubts.
    And on this she is very right, I do appreciate her input on fashion styles and colours.
    Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make me realise that what has happened between us is reality and not only a dream but a dream come true and I am a very fortunate girl indeed.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

What a lovely story, you are both very fortunate indeed!

Bobbi,

That is a really great story. Thanks for sharing as it is nice to know some people get to have it all.

Sandi

Dear Bobbi,
    I am very happy for you that things have changed as they have.
    I think of you often and I am delighted to read all your positive reports.
    Hugs
    Suzie

You are so lucky to have found a woman like that. I am sure that many here are saying "I wish that happened to me". I know that I do.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Hi Bobbi,

Thanks for sharing your story.

Marion

A wonderful story - so glad you found each other

Bobbi, Your wonderful story gives hope to many of us. Give your GF a big hug for me.
    Crissy

Sounds like a very wonderful lady. You both do. Wishing you much happiness together.
    Alice

Bobbi, I'm so glad you have an accepting girlfriend. My wife as well is accepting, make it so much easier.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Great story Bobbi, very glad for the both of you

Silver Member
    A heart warming story, Bobbi. She's a keeper for sure!

Could I wish for more ? no I dont think I can! somehow I have found my soulmate.
    When my wife dumped me suddenly back in 2013 leaving me all alone here in France I thought I would live my life out a lonely and friendless girl but nothing like it I have fantastic loving friends here! plus the icing on the cake, my girlfriend

Banned Read only
    Truly happy for you. Nice to read stories like this....finding soul mates later in life. Sad to read of women who "dump" husbands later in life (2013).

Great job. Is she French or an English expat?

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

2B Natasha no she is English there are a huge number of coincidences connecting our lives prior to either of us coming to Francea, I did not know her when I was in England but only found out I knew and had worked with her brother when we got close and learnt more about eachother.
    On top of all of this dressing is such a way of life for me and very much OK with my girlfriend.
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 07-16-2020 at 03:06 AM.