Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we gifted......?

I like to think that I am a renaissance woman.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

No gifted here! Not mechanically inclined! Can't even draw a straight line with a ruler! Tried guitar-not really good at that! I am great at being Lana Mae! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I am quite creative. I make a lot of things out of wood (but I'm not a trained carpenter). I also make theatrical backdrops for a local stage school.
    I have taken an official IQ test which, at only 4 points behind the late Stephen Hawking, supposedly puts me in the top 0.1% of people in the world.
    So depending on your definition of gifted, you could say that I am in my own way.

We are certainly gifted or someone would say blessed.
    In my case I feel that I had lived a whole life as a man and now as a woman.

Who have that chance of see two worlds from inside and gain the experience ans wisdom that comes with that?

By the other hand, we are regularly monitored by professional of the health with blood works, periodic visit and check ups with doctors that gives me the peace of mind that whatever illness that would appear would be discovered early, something that "regular" no trans people can say.

In all these I still happily married to the same woman for the last 41 years so my life has been better than many "normal" people, Should I call myself blessed by destiny instead cursed?
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Yes, I constantly learn new things. It took me a long time to figure out that most people can't do that!

It is easier for me to buy a new kitchen faucet and plug in a new one than to call a plumber and arrange for someone else to do it.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 07-18-2020 at 05:57 PM.

i do scrollsaw and woodworking.
    Angie

Platinum Member
    I am a Jill of all trades and mistress of none.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I truly wonder if it's considered 'gifted' if you really don't like doing something that you're really good at. I was always extremely good at math, but found it uninteresting to the point of hating to do it (but getting 'A's in it, at least always kept my parents off my back while I was in school). I loved to draw, but was terrible at it, seemingly having no artistic ability what so ever.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    The term "gifted" is a misnomer. Perhaps you learned to play an instrument because your parents insisted on exposing you to music from an early age. Perhaps someone more intelligent, creative and dexterous - more gifted - than you grew up in a household where people were preoccupied with eating and paying rent.

I've been known to be "crafty."
    I learned to sew at an early age, more out of necessity since my mom got tired of sewing up my torn clothing from playing in the woods. She also taught me to cook for myself. She generally taught me to be independent from an early age. I have also taken to drawing through high school and general photography. In recent years, I've taken to photography at a more serious level and have earned a small following.

i'm gifted in useless knowledge. i can study all day and night for a school and test. but come the day of the test i forget it all and all that comes to mind is the useless knowledge that doesn't help me on the test.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

Hi,
    If you think we are not gifted just look at your makeup skills, the matching of your outfits,shoes (dont have to do that in "drab" )perhaps you dont consider them "skills".........

Others say I am gifted, I do not. I just understand how to do things. Maybe that also is a gift. Guess I am a little bit gifted. Got to get back to my wine bottle painting (my newest venture).
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Gifted?
    Perhaps, but I don't know that we can relate this to an artistic talent be it painting, music or the like.
    I would think that our gift is being able to combine the best of ourselves into one. Many men feel the need to be that macho guy and fit into the world. I have the ability to somewhat be that guy yet recognize the softness, caring, and understanding within me that I believe comes from my femininity.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I write. I write short stories and poetry. I also draw, though I'm only mediocre at best at drawing.

I am an architect , yet gifted with loving to crossdressing ,, this will help my design capabilities to rise high and fly
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

I was trying to think of what I am good at, I looked at all of the other posts; I did find my favorites:

foxy bartender : Not sure how gifted it makes me, but I can drink a fairly large amount of alcohol
    It may be my superpower

docrobbysherry : I am musical, artistic, handy, and creative. And, I'm good enuff at those things to know I'm NOT "Gifted"!

Alwayshave : I really have no particular gift. I can draw a straight line with the aid of a ruler.

I have to go with:
    foxy bartender : Not sure how gifted it makes me, but I can drink a fairly large amount of alcohol
    It may be my superpower.
    WOOHOO that's me too!

Brenda
    Last edited by BrendaPDX; 08-18-2020 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typo

When I was in the third grade I was told I was "gifted" lol They sent me to a different "gifted" school for months.

In the fourth grade they downgraded me to some BS mental condition and tried to force pills on me.

Fifth grade: I was segregated from all other children, sometimes sitting in a desk in the hall. More pills, which I was palming and tossing with expertise by now.

Sixth grade: the "gifted" label was replaced with the "schizophrenic" one and I was locked in a mental hospital ward where they made sure you swallowed you pills, (but if you were slick you could go to the bathroom and vomit them back up within a half hour if no one was wise.)

Now that I'm 46, yes, I am a crafty DIY'er. I like to make stuff and can fix anything.

Whatta gift.... Where's my million dollars?

I'm not particularly gifted though I'd love to be able to paint. Over the last number of weeks we've had "The Joy of Painting" with Bob Ross showing on evening telly. I'd love to be able to do that. He puts a line on the canvass and you can see it's not just a tree, but it's a "happy little tree". If I did the same, I'd be left with a line on the canvass that looked like a line. And tunes, I'd love to be able to get a tune from an instrument, but no, it sounds like I'm strangling cats.