Thread: Interesting comment

Interesting comment

This has been an extremely stressful week as I was just laid off. Stess is off the chart. I use CD for stress relieve and mental focus as different personality, somewhat, at least negative thoughts get squashed. So I've been dressing more most of the morning to handle the most immediate and necessary items.

Yesterday I completed just before lunch and changed back. When dressed we mostly close the blinds as just us and some of our kids know.
    Just wanted to give some background. After about 20 minutes, wife turned and said "my husband is back, and girlfriend left the building"

Just thought I'd share..

What a lovely comment from your wife.

I hope you find another job soon.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

This could be interpreted in a number of ways. I hope she is being supportive and not adding to what must be a very stressful situation.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I have been there myself, but that was not during a pandemic.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    I agree with April Rose. Without the voice inflection and facial expression and other visual clues one can take the comment two ways. Hope she is supportive. Or at least not condescending.

I have been out of work twice in the past 2 years and agree that CDing is a great way of stepping out of your stressful world for a while and being someone else. I hope it was just a jestful comment and glad you can be open about your dressing with her

There are different interpretations; there almost always are. But it is apparent that your wife realizes that the change settles your mind down and that will allow you to think more clearly about how to handle the situation which is almost always devastating to a person's self image, even if it is only temporary. In my mind, you are not really turning to a different personality as if it is a different form of identity. You are utilizing something within your full identity to help calm the whole person. It is easy to think that we have two identities. The science says that is not the case. We have an assemblage of many male-like and female-like neural networks that our brain can turn on or turn off to alter the thinking into a more stable mode which settles the disruption down so your brain can tackle the cause of the disruption in a more thoughtful way. The statement that "my husband is back" is an indication that she now recognizes you even though the exterior picture is different. She recognizes the person on the inside and considers the external appearance as just a different cover on the book.

Reality Check
    I'm not sure I would take that as a good comment. Of course, I don't kow your wife or anything about the relationship. I would have preferred her saying nothing about it.
    Krisi

Come on folks.....she considers her both husband and girlfriend.....how great is that?
    Why turn it negative?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Swindell View Post
    Come on folks.....she considers her both husband and girlfriend.....how great is that?
    Why turn it negative?
    I would take that as a positive comment.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Best heading ever, Donna!

"Interesting Comment", says it all!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!