Thread: What are your glimmers?

What are your glimmers?

A friend posted this question on FB.

A "glimmer" is the opposite to a "trigger". Something which brings you to a state of emotional regulation & safety.

I realized that dressing is definitely my glimmer. I get a wonderful sense of peace. The deeper I can go into my femme self the deeper the sense of peace.

Is dressing your glimmer? Are there particular parts of dressing that are most effective?

Kisses,

Solange
    Last edited by Solange; 07-17-2020 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Typo

My "glimmer" is mostly what's on your profile picture. I like to dress to the nines, in hose and a dress, and lounge. I feel like a female knight in armor, a Valkyrie of sort, sheltered and protected by these hugging clothes, this soft shell. I feel peaceful and safe, and remote, even if for a short while, from most of my troubles and worries.
    At least that is how it used to be. Since I have revealed this secret to my wife, I know the idea of it weirds her out, and this is something that now occupies my mind when I do it.
    I can't do it often anyway, like a couple times a year, so when I feel blue I sometimes look at pictures I took during these sessions, very similar to yours, I remember these moments and it soothes me.
    I don't feel like I'm digging into my femme self like you do, but I can relate to that in the sense that the more I dress to the nines, the more I feel good as well.
    Glad that you found your recipe for peace and well being.

Anything soft, frilly and feminine brings me peace and joy. I can't stop smiling when I'm dressed.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    All items that are nylon lingerie, about sums it up. Being dressed in snug panties, slip/cami, pantyhose and a skirt gives me great serenity. It can still be almost intoxicating at times. If something didn't give pleasure, people would have stopped doing it long ago!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Is that really a usage? Or is that a “Facebook” thing. I get trigger. It’s a logical term for what it describes. Glimmer is “faint, or wavering”. If you’re describing something that always works, “glimmer” seems a terrible word. “Glamour” would be a much better word, as it’s an old fashioned word for a magic spell that effected emotions.

Platinum Member
    Micki, I looked up the definition of "glimmer" also. It makes no sense to me either. I am very familiar with the term "trigger" which is usually associated with negativity. If a person's life is mired in hopelessness maybe there is something that offers a "glimmer" of hope that will pull someone out of a funk; a state of depression.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Precisely the OPPOSITE!

It's:
    Exciting, arousing, stimulating, stressful, sleep interrupting, distracting, distressing, satisfying, and the reason my house, garages, and office r such a mess!
    But, I wouldn't have it any other way!

If I want relaxing? I throw on some comfy drabs, pour a merlot, and turn on the boob tube!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't know if glimmer is a clinical term. The FB post was from a lay person who works to support access to emergency mental health resources (suicide prevention). In this context, glimmer may refer to a "glimmer of hope".

I was drawn to the term because expressing my femme side has such profound calming effects for me and "glimmer" casts this effect in a positive light AND it rhymes with shimmer which reminds me of sequins which make me happy too!

Yes, dressing is my glimmer...or...whatEver you call it. As I slip on my panties, hose, etc., daily, I, instantly feel peace and happiness. Actually, takes my breath away. I?ve had these pleasureful, peaceful feeling, especially slipping on sheer hose, since the beginning.

If I do have a glimmer dressing is it especially if it consists of wearing silky lingerie, a nice top and skirt.

Then I am as happy as a pig in muck......

X