Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storing Clothing and Accessories

Storing Clothing and Accessories

All
    My wife knows about my crossdressing, and we have made a lot of progress recently and bringing the discussion out of DADT to a point that we each know the boundaries and we can discuss things. She knows about my wardrobe and is okay with it. I have kept everything but my dresses in a box in the basement, and the dresses in the back of my closet. Where do other people put their clothing?

Petra

Banned Read only
    What an interesting question! I'll bet there are lots of different answers--depending on various factors, such as the nature of the relationship and of the place we're living in, who else lives there besides, the size of the clothing collection, and so on.

There are several answers for myself alone. The main one is for the decades I was married to my (sadly late) wife, and that was easy because luckily she accepted my dressing. I kept my female clothes iin a guest bedroom--and still do; dresses and so forth in the closet, underwear in drawers. It became "Marianne's room."

But at other periods in my life, depending on circumstances, I have concealed clothing in other places:

In that "box in the basement," hidden among junk that nobody looks into;

In a communal storage area in the attic of an apartment block;

In lockable bedroom drawers that my parents never looked into;

And in a "secret room" I once had; though that's "a whole 'nother story" (as Kipling put it) that I ought to tell in a separate post.

All my clothes are in plain sight. In my closet and draws, more feminine clothes than drab clothes. Hugs Kim

My wife knows about my dressing, but not the adult children. My femme clothes aren't hidden, but we do maintain plausible deniability to the rest of the family.

My"stash"gets larger every week! the wardrobe is now over 50%female.... so the Domestic Authority has granted permission to use a spare wardrobe. Shoes are stored(one pair)in small bags in the roof. I am lucky (very) in that my Wife is aware of my dressing.When i buy somthing The good Lady takes an active interest in my purchases.

All of my clothes are in plain sight. Nothing is hidden.

Being single, I can put my stuff anywhere that I want. My problem is that the girl clothes are out of control and squeezing out the remaining boy clothes! I need more closets.

Platinum Member
    Hi Petra , We have a very workable DA/DT ane efery thing is hanging in three closets, >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

EVERYwhere darling. Everywhere.

I get that some of you have no barriers to where you store everything but is that the majority?

Absolutely everything, including dresses, wigs, shoes, and even makeup, is carefully folded/stored in a little suitcase in a cellar in the basement. My wife knows now but wouldn't be comfortable having them around us, and she doesn't want to see any of the apparel (which is okay for me).

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have a semi load of ladies gear. So, where does one keep that much stuff besides at home?

A storage room at work.

An extra garage next to a rental house.

And, since my daughter moved out recently? Pretty much every where inside my house, garages, and mother in law's apt!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra_Briar View Post
    I get that some of you have no barriers to where you store everything but is that the majority?
    I quite see your point. I have no idea whether the ability to store clothes openly is the majority or not. Just the same, I have to admit being able to do so is not all that interesting. More intriguing are the ingenious hiding places some may have practiced to keep our predilection from the prying eyes of unsympathetic snoopers around us! So I decided to post the story of My Secret Room.

I have a small closet, with a lock on the door. It keeps my stash handy, and locked away from snoopy visitors.

Silver Member
    My wife and I share closets and all the drawers I get the top.

my wife knows i dress but doesnt want to know, i have an office at home where i keep everything. every once in a while i forget to close the door and im sure she has seen but hasnt said anything

i recently moved a few months ago. i still haven't got everything set up in my new place due to work and covid. but right now they are hiding in a storage tote that i moved a lot of clothes in. once i'm all set up i will be setting up a new dresser with all of my women's clothes throughout it since i have a lot more privacy than my old place.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

Platinum Member
    My wife and I are in a deep DADT. My clothes are packed away. Our home is not very big; 1385 sq feet which includes the one car garage which was converted to living area. That "living" area has become the store room. My wardrobe is in about twenty Xerox boxes plus some other boxes in that room. The boxes are stacked up. My wife does not look in them. If she were she would probably fall over. But, that's DADT. I don't tell, she does not ask. In the armoire in the bedroom are my nighties nicely folded up with some panties. My original collection of lingerie; slips and panties are in my night stand. Frankly, if my wife was onboard with my dressing there is really no room in our walk in closet. There are also thirteen medium size USPS boxes stacked up on top of a book case. Those boxes contain nothing but panties. There is an upside to all this, except for shoes. My wife and I wear the same size dresses and panties. If I were to croak, she'd have a big wardrobe to choose from.

I to am in a dadt situation but i have a basememt almost all to myself so i keep all my stuff down there and dress mostly down there also. My wife knows that so if she goes down there she dose not look around much but would not say anything if she did find anything as i said we don't talk about it and she don't want it up stairs. That is good for her and me too!

Before my wife knew I stored my things in an upstairs room in my barn that could only be reached with a ladder. Now that she knows they're in my closet.

Hi Petra,

We have a nice eight drawer built-in dresser in our walk-in closet. Robin gets a drawer. There are some things I would prefer to hang up. Out of respect for the wife, I leave them in the drawer.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Hi,
    this might seem "off topic"but bare with me....
    We have a touring caravan, as we have no space at home for it we keep it in a storage compound some 6miles away.Visiting the compound one day (we have a key for the gate) i was suprised to see one of our firms vans parked alongside a caravan. I kept an eye on the van &later a staff member came out (in uniform) who i knew very well, the woman who came out after him (arraging her hair) was not known to me........
    I greeted him---the look on his face.......
    Now the point i am making is --if requiring a "private" place remove the woman in the above story &you have a very good set up --you can keep your "stash" have somewhere to change ,put makeup on &then jump in the car to go out...
    Just dont let the S.O. find out...........
    (later found a taxi driver near our caravan using his for the same thing! ) I was sworn not to tell his wife, though they go devorced later ...........

Aspiring Member
    In a rented, climate controlled storage unit four km from my house. It is two meters by two meters. I have a full size vanity, a ten drawer lingerie chest, a rack for fifty pairs of shoes, a chair, a tailor?s model, and six meters of hanger rods. And still has two square meters to dress.

abby- your set up could mean a whole new revenue stream for self storage companies for anyone deep in DADT!

Aspiring Member
    Before I came out to my wife, I stored Wendy's stuff in boxes in the basement. And I crammed everything into small boxes, so that meant I would primarily wear stuff at the top, if I had to take everything out of the box, I wouldn't be able to get it back in.

Now that she knows, we redid our closets with better shelving/racks so now Wendy's clothes are out in the open.