Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storing Clothing and Accessories

When I?m dating a girl seriously and she?s over frequently, the majority of my stuff is packed away in large heavy duty boxes that I stash under the bed, in my storage closet, in the back of my regular closet, etc. and my favorite things(essentials to make my favorite outfits) are placed at the front, but still safely out of sight, but just easier to access... As time has gone on and I haven?t thrown any of my femme clothing/footwear out, the usual places were completely filled up and I had to invest in some heavy duty plastic tubs to put more stuff out in the garage stacked up. My femme clothing collection now FAR outweighs my guy clothes.

However, I had been pretty much single before this pandemic, and with no ladies coming over, I?ve basically pulled out just about everything at some point and it?s all over the place now. Not to mention that being cooped up with nothing to do when I?m not working from home, leaves WAY too much time to shop online for more femme clothes and shoes. It seems like I?ve got a new package being delivered every day. Lol

Silver Member
    When my dear wife was still alive, I had to hide my stuff. I laid some plywood on the cross pieces of the garage's roof joists (to hold our suitcases) and also my girl stuff. Now, no hiding. I have an entire closet jam packed, and two drawers in my Chest of drawers.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Sherry, you need to buy a small shipping container, and crain lift it into your back yard. LOL

Aspiring Member
    Mostly in plastic crates in the roofspace above my porch, with the exception of my panties and a few other items that are stored under the bed in a spare room.
    A few years ago I designed and built a shed for my woodworking, which has a storage area in the roof. Some of my things used to be kept there.

I keep my wigs, makeup, dresses, skirts and shapeware in a wooden cabinet I built years ago for my hunting clothes and accessories. It is 2' x 2' and about 5 feet tall. The lower compartment is 2 feet tall and the upper is 3 feet tall, both with cabinet locks. Not long ago, I was running out of room so I swapped the Michelle stuff to the larger space. In there, I have a big duffel bag that I store clothing in and a smaller "go bag" that has everything I need if i have to get dressed in the car. I also put a shelf in there for my shoes. It works well for me and no one messes with it or asks about it. Before that I used a plastic foot locker storage bin with a lock on it for Michelle's "hunting stuff."

Hi,
    Er--what is DADT?

Hi Liz,

DADT = Don't Ask Don't Tell

Here is a copy of the abbreviations (listed in the introduction section)

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...-Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    I store my shoes, forms, wigs in a a couple boxes and a small suitcase in a cubby hole storage place in our walk in closet so they can't be accidentally found. My lingerie is in one of the drawers in my wife's dresser. we are close in so no one would ask. I keep my dresses, slacks and blouses in dark zipper travel bags in the walk-in. I just worry if something were to happen to both of us at the same time, our children would have to deal with that 'surprise'.

My wife was concerned of somebody wondering about my stash if we both died. I just looked at her and said, "Who cares, we are dead!" She had to agree it doesn't matter at that point.

She had considered putting a note with my clothing explaining it all and that she loved me and was accepting of it, just in case.

Silver Member
    Wife knows and everything is stored openly. Daughters know too.

I have all of my items in plastic storage bins in the basement. Wife knows I dress and accepts it, but I do not do it in front of her. As she rarely goes to the basement this works out nicely for us. I have other hobbies I work on in the basement so easy enough for me to spend some "me" time down there dressed. Prior to the basement, I had bins in the closet of our spare bedroom...where I was running out of space anyways. lol
    -Cheryllynn

Hi Char GG,
    Thanks for the -er-enlightenment" :-)
    Liz

Reality Check
    My female clothes are hung in the closet alongside my male clothes. There's a built in cupboard where I store my wig and some other stuff. Obviously, my wife knows I wear women's clothes.

For people hiding stuff in their homes, it's not a matter of "if" someone finds them, it's "when". Will it be today? Tomorrow? Next month or next year?

Unless you've gone to great extremes (like a false wall), someone will stumble upon your stash. Count on it.
    Krisi

We are dadt and she occasionally stumbles across something and doesn't make an issue out of it. We have a 70's era split entry with finished lower level that I remodeled a little over a year ago. I have a big screen hdtv I use and she has her TV upstairs. I snore so one of the goals of the remodel was to spruce up a bedroom and make it a music, computer, sleeping area for me. I play music and mess around with multi track recording so the move to the lower level gave me ample privacy.

I don't have a lot of clothes but if I admit it to myself my fear of shopping for women's things limits me more than storage space. My wife is going to the lake home for a couple days and I want some sheer panties and a sun dress in the worst way. I've got a Target and Walmart among other shops five minutes up the highway and could do some shopping if I could get over my fear of being seen by someone we know. Perhaps I will get the nerve to drive a ways to another suburb and do a little shopping today. The thought of shopping for women's clothes and running into friends or relatives is imobilizing me so I could use a push out the door. I wish I had a CD friend nearby who could be my wing sister and help me do this.

Anyways, due to the small amount of things I have storage is no longer an issue. If I ever get past my fears about shopping I have a lot of space that I could fill up.

PS, to answer another point having my things discovered is not a big fear. In a way it would be a relief because it would force me to overcome my fears and initiate a conversation. The dadt has cramped my style way too long and will be addressed this week in a therapy session.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Petra, I keep my wardrobe in a small closet, easily accessible for me or anyone else, but I live alone so I really don't worry about snoopers or prying eyes. LOL Now, my bed has sort of a false bottom, underneath the mattress is plywood and underneath that is plenty of space to store my feminine shoes, so that's where I keep those.

I keep all of the rest of my feminine things, (wigs, breast forms, bras, women's body wash, deodorant, perfume and jewelry) stashed in a large cooler in a separate room. I stack things on top of that cooler, (two tool boxes and two tackle boxes), so that if anyone comes in, chances are they won't want to move all that stuff off of the cooler..... Not that they would have any reason to, anyway. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

I live in a 100+ year old house, and the closets are very small. Most of my feminine clothes are in an Armoire in my sewing/crafts room, plus a small lingerie chest in the bedroom. Some other things are in the sewing room closet, and a few other places as well. Lack of storage space contributes to my limiting the size of my wardrobe. I look at that as a positive.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    We are dadt and she occasionally stumbles across something and doesn't make an issue out of it. We have a 70's era split entry with finished lower level that I remodeled a little over a year ago. I have a big screen hdtv I use and she has her TV upstairs. I snore so one of the goals of the remodel was to spruce up a bedroom and make it a music, computer, sleeping area for me. I play music and mess around with multi track recording so the move to the lower level gave me ample privacy.

I don't have a lot of clothes but if I admit it to myself my fear of shopping for women's things limits me more than storage space. My wife is going to the lake home for a couple days and I want some sheer panties and a sun dress in the worst way. I've got a Target and Walmart among other shops five minutes up the highway and could do some shopping if I could get over my fear of being seen by someone we know. Perhaps I will get the nerve to drive a ways to another suburb and do a little shopping today. The thought of shopping for women's clothes and running into friends or relatives is imobilizing me so I could use a push out the door. I wish I had a CD friend nearby who could be my wing sister and help me do this.

Anyways, due to the small amount of things I have storage is no longer an issue. If I ever get past my fears about shopping I have a lot of space that I could fill up.

PS, to answer another point having my things discovered is not a big fear. In a way it would be a relief because it would force me to overcome my fears and initiate a conversation. The dadt has cramped my style way too long and will be addressed this week in a therapy session.
    Hi,--Face masks are your friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    I have a small closet, with a lock on the door. It keeps my stash handy, and locked away from snoopy visitors.
    It sounds like solution of my problem. My wife knows about my crossdressing but we have a lot of visitors in our house so I'm always a little bit nervous when they look into my bedroom and wardrobe.

Sylvia- I am dealing with a similar issue, we are empty nesters and live in a vacation area so we get visitors including our kids. My wife has gotten past the DADT stage but still does not want it "in her face". I have gone to a combo of dresses in my closet but towards the back so it could be my wifes and just overflow, a suitcase in my closet with most of the clothes I wear more regularly including lingerie and the rest in the basement that includes wigs, makeup, jewelry and shoes.... not a simple solution but it works for the most part.

I have a DADT relationship and I am pretty sure doesn't have any notion that I have a female identity.
    Sure, some things I do are of a feminine nature and she sees my natural breasts, my epulated arms and legs, and that I moisturize with perfumed creams and take soaks in bath oil beads.
    She knows I like silky fabrics, wear perfume, and grow my fingernails long and paint them in gloss clears.
    She has told me, some things I do, she doesn't want to know.
    So I keep a large part my feminine clothes in fake ductwork inside the drop ceiling of my attic office.
    I went to Menards and bought ducts parts, assembled them and cut holes in the tops to access my items as you would a dresser drawer.
    When the ducts are in the ceiling, the slide over existing duct to look like part of the existing assembly.
    So even if someone opened the drop ceiling tiles, all they would see is ductwork and electrical conduit.
    I even made one duct to keep Candy's feminine funds, a Calendar girl wine glass I got from my local beauty/wig shop, and my guns/coin collection.
    I do have a "Grab-n-Go bag I keep filled for when I need immediate access in a covered beam under a floor.
    And a few items near the bed if the wife sleeps on the couch, I can sleep in femme.
    So if I ever get caught, it will be sleeping....there is always that chance, but as long as I keep it hidden, she is fine and doesn't look for it!
    I am sure she knows a few things but decides to not look for it.

All my femme stuff is just hanging in my closet. I think I may have a few male items in there too, but it?s so long since I?ve worn anything like that I?m not sure. Underwear and stuff is in my chest of drawers. No male clothing in there, for sure.

I have an entire wall of wardrobe space, clothes bars, and shoe racks. Back in the day, I had to be a bit more discreet. I ended up getting a large steel cabinet off Craigslist for $100. I installed a clothes bar and LED lights on the interior. I mounted a mirror and jewelry organizers to the inside of the doors.

I too am in a DADT relationship. I have panties and pantyhose in my dresser drawer with my male underwear. Wife knows about the hosiery. I told her about CDing, and she doesn't want to know more. I usually have a couple of other items in a smaller storage tote, but since we are remodeling our closet, I put the other stuff in various other drawers, under male clothing. I will figure something else out when the closet gets finished. I spend most of my days off working on the closet, so when underdressed, I am literally still "in the closet".