Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: de stress

de stress

Do you ladies ever use crossdressing as a way to de stress? For a while i have been stressed due to work and with Covid going on my stress is a lot worse. When i start to dress i feel a weight lifted off my shoulders. and i was wondering if you all feel the same sometimes.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

Often, it's a way to escape all the stuff going on in my manly life
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Christina,

I think many here find the same. It's that moment when you hear, "And breath". You've moved to the real you. Your chance to escape and just feel good about yourself.

Absolutely

That is a big yes from me also!!

I find it's a great stress relief.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

YES! the most relaxing feelings and times I have.

Certainly. It is a great tool to de-stress and this effect is well documented in the scientific literature. It is viewed as either an escape from the bald reality of life during stressful times, but it is also, and more significantly, viewed as a connection with a different part of your identity than you usually utilize in such abundance. As others have said, it is part of connecting with the most significant part of your identity and leaving behind the piecemeal use of identity characteristics that is the norm during stressful times. In other words, your brain is using so much of itself at those times that conflicts between brain functions are weak or gone. In my view, if it works to help you get some relief from stress then, by all means, use it for that purpose because stress is damaging or even deadly. But keep in mind that it may be connecting with a deeper and more complete part of your sense of self, your identity, or who you are in a more complete picture of yourself. Either way, you win.

For me crossdressing is often a streight way to the other world - when I'm in my femmine look I don't think about my male life, about my worries and duties.

It's a yes here too. It always amazes me that the "hug" that a bra gives me is so calming.

Oh, Yes. My wife has had a terrible year, health wise, above and beyond the Covid. I have been in the principle care giver role. On some days when If I haven't been able to dress due to appointments or other issues she will say to me "go put on a skirt" because she knows it will mitigate my stress.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Do I need to breath? Ahhhh...yes. Maybe the world would be better off if....? I de-stress daily. It?s part of my existence...and I love it.

I can't add to the conversation about dressing destressing in a pandemic but I can vouch for DADT and a pandemic creating stress. Rumor has it that my wife is going to spend a couple days and nights at the lake home this week. You can place your here on what I will be doing to relieve my stress while she's gone.

I'm probably one of the biggest chickens on this forum when it comes to shopping but I wouldn't be surprised if I did some of that as well.

Banned Read only
    Christina,
    I read GretchenM's reply with interest , I agree there is the element of reducing stress but I wonder what happens in the brain to induce that . It's not just the matter of slipping on the clothes etc. it's what affect it has in the brain .

Some wives /partners might be more scathing by accusing us of escapism , of shunning responsibilities , even running away and hiding in our wigs , makeup and clothes .

Most of us were born with this trait and many realise very early on it's a powerful force which needs to be dealt with , if we don't deal with it it can lead to very destructive stress in some people eventually , I know I've been there and had the therapy for it .

I found the comfortable balance in my life so for me now reverting back to male mode is the stressful part .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe?

I tend to be easily distracted, absentminded, and even scatterbrained.

But, when I begin dressing? All other random thots seem to vanish!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    People need distractions to take them away from the things that weight them down. Some drink, some do drugs, and then some of us step into an alternate world in which we crossdress. I know someone who is a part of a local theatre group. They love to have the opportunity to be someone else and play a role that they wouldn't normally get to play, or portray in this life. This kind of sounds like some CD'ers on this site.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Since working from Home since early March I dress every day. Make up 1-2 times a week. It definitely is a lowers stress. I now have a new norm of belong dressed not sure what will happen in September if we go back to office?

Dressing is so relaxing, just love it!

Definitely. Every Friday I would go for a drive before the covid, it was something to look forward to almost like a distraction of my male life. When I do get overly stressed my wife would suggest a fem drive. So yes I believe it is a good distraction and stress release.

As I moved from a cd to a trans woman. The things that I took for granted as a cd, for stress relief. has morphed in to Daily, weekly, and monthly things now. My biggest way to de stress. Is to get waxed. Its two hours of just talking to the waxing lady, and removing gross hair. Which having the hairs causes me to stress out.

I don't find it particularly relaxing; it's a lot of work to get ready. For me, it's the excitement and the sexual buzz.

Certainly is a stress relief for me...I have a somewhat stressful occupation and CDing helps me get away from all that, and maybe be someone else for a short time.
    -Cheryllynn

Silver Member
    A resounding yes from me on that one, works every time for me, I don't only dress when I am stressed but if I am stressed then I dress and it all just flutters away

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    One of my primary reasons for dressing---I become someone else---"NOT ME" and am free from any cares worries or concerns of my male self----because I am no longer ME or a MALE (Maleness alone has its own stress aspects) Dressing is "a vacation away from myself". And it feels good to be "Pretty" too.

Christina, Yes I do. I start to de-stress as soon as start applying my makeup, which is what I do first. I may get a little stressed again when I first walk out the door, but it quickly fades.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".