Thread: Cleaning out the Closet.

Reality Check

Cleaning out the Closet.

My closet is bulging with far too many clothes. So is my wife's (same closet, different side). She decided to spend the weekend sorting through clothes with the idea of getting rid of clothes that she doesn't wear.

Of course once she made a pile she offered it to me so I took a lot of her blouses, dresses and tunics. Of course, it was now my turn to go through my clothes and eliminate what I don't wear (or doesn't fit).

Hers side is now manageable, but I still have a ways to go to get my side to where everything will fit.

But for me, it was like a trip to the mall without spending any money. I have four new tunics, two new dresses and a dozen or more blouses.

I think either one of us could go for a year without wearing the same outfit twice.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    I wonder at what point your wife will start moving those items back to her side of the closet ?

In male mode I would hang onto trousers that weren't really fit to wear but good enough to crawl under the car to fix it . Some sweaters were like old friends , even if they had holes in the elbows and stank of oil and old bonfires . Well at least I had a good excuse to finally drop them in the rubbish bin , I needed room to build up my femme wardrobe . Funny thing is I still need the odd old sweater or T shirt to do the dirtier jobs but I take better care of them besides I don't do oil changes anymore on my car , I've finally accepted I'll pay the garage when I have my annual MOT test done ( In the UK it's a roadworthy test done on all cars over three years old ) .

My wife and I are both doing a major wardrobe reorganization. After a recent hospital stay, I've determined that I need to get a lot of my femme things out of my main closet to avoid my wife having to deal with my adult daughter's questions if things got more serious.

My wife is supportive and we actually have decided to share lots of the casual dresses that we wear around the house and hang them in a mutually accessible place. But, between us, we've got way more clothes than space so I'm afraid lots of nice stuff will be donated. I've already put all my winter stuff in plastic footlockers.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Whenever I'm faced with a choice of finding space for new Sherry things or disposing of something I could possibly need in the future?

The choice is EASY! In with the new, in with the old!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My wife and I have a similar similar reciprocal relationship. Sometimes she gives me things, but changes her mind..really? She?s always welcome to mine too. You?re right...what fun...new tops, capris, etc. Can?t wait to wear them.

My problem is that I just can not bring myself to throw anything out. x

My wife has gotten rid of stuff and I get first dibs and like Teresa said, she has sometimes wanted items back that I kept. Also, in one case she had a white dress that got a blue stain so I dyed the whole outer lining with a similar blue that you can't tell and she wanted it back

I have such a hard time getting rid of clothes too. I spent so much time in my life without them I don't want to give them up even though I have plenty.

I have my own closet now (kids all moved out) however I need more room, so I have now started to store the off season cloths. Kind of fun pulling them out to in the summer it was like shopping almost seeing the summer cloths again lol.

My wife and I are far apart in size, so there is little borrowing. I have a hard time throwing out anything femme. As such, my closet is overflowing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    I don't think she will want anything back. She likes to shop and buy clothes.

We are each allowed to wear the other's clothes (except for panties) so it's not really a problem.
    Krisi

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    No hope for me. My master bedroom closet is stuffed full of ladies clothes. Some no longer fit, but I hold to (very) meager hope that I might just get the waist downsized enough someday!

Guy clothes are in the closet in the spare bedroom. Only half full, so plenty of room for more ladies wear!

We have the same issue in our closet.
    We both acknowledge that we have too many clothes. We brought most everything when we moved as it was difficult to part with some that we loved even though we knew we'd have limited opportunity to wear them in our new area. We still find ourselves buying new items, but we've made it a rule 1 in, 1 out to keep things somewhat under control. Lately I've been going through my clothes and trying, yes I said trying, to pick items I don't wear or don't see me wearing in the foreseeable future that I can donate to charity.
    It's so hard! It's not the $$ it's the clothes themselves. I may not have worn them, I may not plan to wear them, but I love them all. I hate making decisions like this. What's worse is when I do choose. Yesterday I was trying on a dress I haven't worn. It's a crisscross neckline and it's just shows too much of my bra (I should have gotten one size smaller). I decided to donate it and my wife sees it in the donate pile. "You're giving this away? You've never worn it? What's the matter with it?" I explain and suddenly I'm trying it on for her and she's got her sewing box out, selecting a small snap set, playing with the material, Snap, Snap... "There, see that doesn't look bad at all, you don't have to donate it"
    Back on the rack....what's a girl to do????

The most difficult time for me is to start picking away the outfits which need to throw away for all my crossdressing clothes ,,,especially bras ,panties ,,skirts ,,lingeries ....