Thread: Should I celebrate or not ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Should I celebrate or not ?

I started my divorce proceedings back at the end of February , we can do it oursleves through the Gov.org website in the UK , no outside legal vultures just pay your ?550.00 and sign the paperwork .

This morning I received notification that the case would be heard on 17th September to finalise the divorce if it is not opposed by either party .

I've been waiting for this moment for so long , I'm not having second thoughts but is it really cause for celebration ? There is so much water passed under the bridge in the last 46 years , good memories as well as some bad .

I do ask the question , " What if my wife had openly accepted my TG issues ?" but it wasn't to be or had the marriage run it's course anyway ?

To be fair to all the family it's possibly not something I should be shouting from the rooftops , I'm sure my children would have preferred it not to happen .

We should consider a marriage a partnership and importantly an equal one , support each other but at the same time allow each other space to be themselves , to me these are the reasons that finally made me decide divorce should happen , only now can I truly say I'm ME ! I've been happier in the last two years than I have been in a long time .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-24-2020 at 10:28 AM.