Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing for everyone .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Crossdressing for everyone .

I was checking out the latest copy of the Cotton Traders catalogue when I stopped to read the CEO's ( Nick Hamblin ) greeting statement , I've included a picture of it but I had to smile at his second paragraph that reads , " Wherever the next half of the year takes us , we know we'll get through it together .
    We will continue to look for rainbows , we will stay at home in our comfiest clothes if
    needs be and we will enjoy every opportunity to put our waterproofs and boots on for
    an early autumn walk , to make the everyday special in a FAVOURITE DRESS OR SKIRT
    and to layer up for an afternoon in the garden , etc, etc .."

My thoughts are was this a slip in up his proof reading or was it intentional , how many CDers /TG customers do they have ? I for one have submitted a review about the blouse in my picture in front of Belvoir Castle .

I wonder when we'll see catolgues intended for Men , women and crossdressers.
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-26-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Looks like it may already have happened Teresa; second item down in List of Contents is a 'HIS 'N' HERS' section...............
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

I would not be surprised at all to see female-like clothing made for the male body in the not too distant future. The manufacturers need to test the market and see if there is enough of a market to produce such styles and what in the female clothing types males would readily wear. Has to start somewhere.

My late wife and I often picked up items from the His 'n' Hers part of the catalogue. It's been a while though having retired and emigrated.

Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    I would not be surprised at all to see female-like clothing made for the male body in the not too distant future. The manufacturers need to test the market and see if there is enough of a market to produce such styles and what in the female clothing types males would readily wear. Has to start somewhere.
    Gretchen, I wish we’d see female-like clothing for men. I truly hope you’re right! I’d gladly test drive these items for manufacturers if this ever comes about. Over the years the fabrics available to men have widened to include softer, more colorful choices. This alone has made me very happy. For example, I have a burgundy silk shirt that drapes “a little too much” to be a typical male’s shirt. When I saw it I had to have it. I am able to wear it with confidence and get no odd looks (that I’m aware of).

Banned Read only
    GtretchenM/Amanda ,
    It might be worth checking out their website as their " His n' Hers " section is very unisex , some of the male items are in very " Girly " colours . Question is would I buy them ? I'm not sure if I like the twin look or not .

Interesting point about the name " Cotton Traders " , I thought they used it as most of their items were originally cotton products , the true history is the company was set up by two ex England rugby players , the name of one was Fran Cotton , that really does a put a twist on the crossdressing angle . I've heard some of their parties are a bit wild , some like to wear stockings and suspenders , now that really would be a sight to behold , the whole team turning out for a game dressed that way !!

Platinum Member
    Would female like clothing really appeal to a cross dressing man if it is marketed to men? Sort of unisex. I have absolutely no desire to hit the racks for women's jeans since to me they are nothing more than men's attire co-opted by clothing designers for females. Will toga's for men to combat heat and humidity take off? "Gladiator" or "Viking" look for the modern man? A long time ago my wife thought buying silky male underwear would be a compromise for my like for the feel of the fabric. It did not work as it was not made for women. I really do not see a garden party with men attired in shift floral 'dresses' for men.

Banned Read only
    Stephanie,
    Maybe turn that comment round and consider more men are wearing unisex clothes in more feminine colours and styles .

I have no real desire to buy those items but then being out full time means I have to be practical , I needed some work overalls , Dickies now make a range for women piped in red the odd thing is they still fasten on the male side , I also have a pair of women's work trousers and a pair of work boots , after a dirty job you can't tell the difference .

I also said I would never wear jeans , I now have several pairs in different styles and colours , GGs just don't wear skirts or dresses when it's cold and wet , the trick is knowing how to keep the look female , so I have a nice range of warm jackets , scarves , gloves and boots .

I wish skirts were more accepted. I love wearing mine. Skorts are more practical for me, but either way i feel more "free" wearing a skirt. Nice to see some places being more open like that.
    I just want to be me, and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianne_M View Post
    I wish skirts were more accepted. I love wearing mine. Skorts are more practical for me, but either way i feel more "free" wearing a skirt. Nice to see some places being more open like that.
    Same here Brianne. No one cares if a woman wears a man’s shirt and tie to the office or borrows one of his sweaters but I know that if I turned up in a skirt, tights and heels there would be so much less tolerance and understanding. If I could I’d swap all my trousers for skirts, with the possible exception of a pair of jeans.
    Last edited by Sandra_Dodds; 07-29-2020 at 06:21 AM.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

GGs do not wear skirts in the cold and wet now but they used to. Not that it gets terribly cold where I am but it does get very wet and I love a herringbone skirt and warm tights in the winter. So yes your catalogue is correct!

Walking through Kohl's recently I've noticed a lot of pink shirts in the Men's section.

Teresa, I own a dozen or more pairs of women's jeans. Only one of them has the fly constructed the other way 'round from men's jeans. (Disclaimer: all of mine came from thrift stores, and I don't consider for purchase the ones that have unusable pockets. So maybe my sample is skewed by that filter. Brands with pretend pockets might have the girly fly, but I haven't noticed.)
    Last edited by BobbiKay; 07-26-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Silver Member
    One of my favorite jeans had the zipper open on the left side. I wore them a lot and not once did anyone notice. I now have a lot of upscale jeans and all have the sipper open to the right.

Banned Read only
    Never heard of Cotton Traders, but a quick Google found "Cotton Traders: Shop Women's & Men's Casual Clothing", so I think is was intentional as they do sell Women's clothing. You are reading too much into it again.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    GGs do not wear skirts in the cold and wet now but they used to.
    A cute little skirt, with leggings, and boots is the fall and winter uniform around here.

And if you have never seen pink shirt in the men's department until recently, you haven't been paying attention. Even men's formal shirts have come in a rainbow of colors including pink forever.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-26-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    My point was in his greeting message he didn't mention gender and only talked about wearing skirts and dresses , I would guess like most retailers the lion share of their income is from the women's section so he overlooked to promote male clothing , so in that case it was accidental and not intentional .

OK I admit back in the late sixties and early seventies I had pink shirts , pink sweaters also shoulder length hair

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks, Roberta! So, it's NOT just me.

The catalog is for men's AND women's clothing. I don't see any "typo" in the wording, Teresa.

Unless u consider the miss spelling of, "favourite", a typo?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Men wearing pink... ever watch a golf tourney? Pink abounds as well as other vivid colors not usually worn by men.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    So in male mode you make the day special by slipping on a skirt or dress , just like most other men do ?

I always get a chuckle when I see gender-specific articles of clothing advertised (or see similarly-phrased signage in stores) indicating "womens bras", "womens lingerie", "women's dresses", and "women's hosiery" etc. Is this redundancy really necessary, or is there a subliminal message attached here to the effect that there are (or should be) male equivalents, thus the need to emphasize an "unsaid" distinction between the two? I like to think so .

Then again, as Eddie Izzard once famously said of his crossdressing "Those are not "women's clothes". They are my clothes..."

Banned Read only
    Leslie,
    I often think that when entering shops , it's fairly obvious which department you're standing in . It happens all the time on the internet , possibly a carry-over from the old department stores .

I often think of Eddie Izzard's comment when I open my wardrobe doors , it's lovely to be able to say that now without the associated DADT or drama .

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Unless u consider the miss spelling of, "favourite", a typo?
    That's the British/Canadian spelling. It's not a typo.

Leslie, I have the same thought frequently: Women's Bras, where do I find the Men's Bras?

Aspiring Member
    mens ....( week end casual ware ) what would you call this other than fantastic?G6.jpgG5.jpg

Vicki CDTV, thank you for mentioning that clothes in the 70's were more colorful, etc. I have often wondered how clothes (both men's and women's) ended less "fun" in the 2000's. My husband had a closet full of beautiful, colorful, silky shirts back in the 70's!

Banned Read only
    This post reminds me of the stories about people who see Jesus or Mary in a piece of toast or a stain on the wall. You see what your heart wants to see.