Thread: Blisters under forms.

Blisters under forms.

I have been wearing breast forms for 4 years and have suddenly developed little blisters on my own boobs. They are not painful but unsightly and worrying. These first appeared in March this year after I had worn forms all day & night for 3 days, removing them and washing them daily only long enough to have a shower.

I had thought that the length of time that I wore the forms was the cause of these blisters but yesterday, they appeared again after only 11 hours of wearing forms. I do wear a bra with them and they do stay in place with very little movement so these little blisters are not really the results of chafing as a shoe would chafe a heel. I am now in a boobless few days while they heal again.

Has anyone had this problem with forms? If so, how do you overcome the problem?

Banned Read only
    Michaela,
    Is it worth placing the forms in a soft fabric bag for a few days just to see if the blisters are through the contact with the chemicals in the forms , it could also be down to bacteria on the forms .

Teresa, thanks for your input, I have had these particular forms for over a year, my previous set for 3 years before that without this happening. I suppose it could be the forms themselves causing it as you suggest. I think that a daily washing of them is going to be the norm now and perhaps looking at pocket bras, or some kind of cover for them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U don't mention where the blister r, Michaela?
    Sometimes I get blisters from sleeping in forms. They occur around the bottom of my forms. They r caused by my bra and gravity pushing the edge of my forms against my chest as I move around in my sleep. If yours r located there, too? It's likely a chafing issue. Maybe try a titer or looser bra?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Michaela I have the same issue.
    It only appears when I wear them for and extended period, like you, about 2-3 days continuous.
    Seems it's similar to say hiking for a few days and your boots get wet. Since they don't dry out your skin softens from the constant moisture and you either get a rash or small blisters. The sweat the builds up between the forms and your skin does the same thing. When that happens I have to stop wearing them for a few days and make sure everything clears up. Even if I wash the forms and shower if I wear them again before the bumps disappear it recurs quickly, much more quickly than the first time.
    Now I don't wear them for that long without stopping and washing them and my skin and letting everything rest for a few hours, usually overnight. Since I began this routine I haven't had it happen.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member
    After washing them and removing everything that was on them, wipe them with an alcohol wipe. And, unless you are gluing them on, put on some baby powder. This might help.

Michaela,

As this started in march as the temperature start to rise this could be a simple heat rash. I don't know what your weather has been like this year but the UK had one of the warmest starts which was a huge help in lockdown as everyone was able to spend time in their gardens as opposed to being cooped up indoors. It did mean however warn nights and I noticed that I sweated a lot more under my forms during the night.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    U don't mention where the blister r, Michaela?
    They are above, and close to, the nipple. Going by other replies, it probably is a sweat related issue. I was just very surprised to see it appear within a day. Thanks.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Michaela,

As this started in march as the temperature start to rise this could be a simple heat rash.
    Helen, yes it could be I suppose. I live in North Carolina (expat Brit) and we do have temperatures & humidity on the very high side, it's been up to 34c today. These kind of temperatures are normal here but I can't understand why I have not had this problem before this year. Unless it's because the current circumstances allow me to dress more often and for longer.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Michaela I have the same issue.
    Cheryl, thank you, your experience sounds very similar. Since I first got the blisters, I have stopped wearing forms at night too.

Hi op ,
    I'm not sure what your forms are made of but if latex or silicone you MAY have developed an allergy . One year I had to have lot of surgeries and I developed an allergy to latex tape by almost constant exposure to it . It looked like I had little tiny poison ivy blisters wherever any latex had been and I'd not had it before . Mine never went away and they have to use paper tape in medical settings now but any latex will do that to me .
    It may not be that but something to think about
    IG : Knightress Oxide

I wear mine from when I get up to the time I go to bed every day and never had a problem.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that our bodies are not designed to have a piece of sweat-covered silicone rubbing against the skin for 72 hours at a time. Then again, I'm not a doctor so whatever.

Reality Check
    I've never had that happen, but I've never worn my forms that long and I rarely sleep in them (for fear of damaging them).

An allergy to the silicone is a possibility or just sweat. And as someone mentioned, it could be the bra rubbing at night.
    Krisi

Hard to say, but clearly something is not right. I suspect more than anything else it is a reaction to a lot of sweat between the form and your skin. Our skin likes to be kept fairly dry and it reacts badly to too much moisture. It could also be an allergy, but I think that is less likely. It could also be the development of a bacterial or fungal infection induced by spores getting into that warm moist environment. I always keep my forms in a soft fabric pocket that surrounds them - very inexpensive at Amazon. But they do cause more movement which isn't entirely bad - it is a kind of jiggle. But one thing for sure, if there is a rash (redness, blisters, etc.) there is something wrong and you need to address it quickly because if it is an infection it could become serious. Keep your chest dry and even use baby powder for awhile to dry things out well and kill off any potential pathogens. Then I recommend you return to the forms slowly and watch closely to see or sense any return of symptoms.

I bought silicone breast form pocket protectors off of amazon $12 .....very comfortable...................................... Debra

Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    Hard to say, but clearly something is not right. .
    Gretchen, thanks for that, you have kind of expressed what I was thinking. The pandemic and subsequent lockdown has given me the ability to dress much more, every day in fact, so much so that I seem to have become dependent on my forms and don't feel right without them. I have been looking for breast form covers, but really didn't know they existed until yesterday. I see sizing seems to be a bit trial and error with the covers sizes being listed 1 to 13, makes for a difficult correlation when my forms were bought as size A to D cup.

Hopefully I can find the right size for my forms and get back to wearing them again soon, in the meantime....... an empty bra seems the best choice. Oh, and after 3 days, the blistering has gone down things are looking good.

I've got a silicone allergy from my thigh-his AND all my different forms!

One thought did strike me, it's possible this is a form of thrush. I know it's thought of as a female condition but it's possible for males to get it to and warm moist conditions are where it thrives.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    You might try a product like those listed here. A friend has had good success with it. https://www.google.com/search?q=stom...e+skin+barrier

I recommend pocket bras. Get at least three, though, so you can wear one, wash one and still have a spare one on deck if needed.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    I recommend pocket bras.

Yes, I had thought of those too, it's an appealing thought but ordinary bras are cheaper at Walmart off the shelf. LOL
    In the meantime, I have ordered some covers and will see how they work. I found them at the TLC website for $10 a pair. Thanks Patience.

Ordinary bras may be less expensive, I grant you, but they’re not designed to keep breast forms held in securely 100%.

I think the worst mishap a cross-dresser can have is having one or more of her boobs fall out at an inconvenient time. if you’re just sort of cross dresser that likes to go out, keeping your dignity is the most important thing and you don’t get that with the body parts falling off in public.

Also, ordinary bras are the reason you’re experiencing this situation so you definitely should have at least one to experiment and see if putting a layer between the forms and yourself will minimize or eliminate your blistering.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I put my silicone forms in cotton protect pockets that I bought on Amazon. They aren't expensive and work well for my needs.