Thread: Ma'amed in male mode?

Ma'amed in male mode?

This has happened to me twice in recent months. I'm in the grocery or the hardware store in male mode and while handing me the receipt the checkout person says something like "Thank you Ma'am." I'm positive they're not saying "Man". They immediately feel bad and apologize. I tell them it's totally OK. Their instincts are apparently very keen. It gives me a chuckle. Way better than being "Sir'ed" in female mode!
    Last edited by Amanda22; 07-26-2020 at 05:02 PM.

You just got to love it if they only knew! Thanks for sharing with us!

I love it, wish it would happen to me.

Happens most days even with out makeup. It happens a lot when shopping with with the girlfriend. Sales lades will usually approach us, and ask if us ladies need help. It happens enough that. It doesn't even phase her.

Happens to me occasionally - suspect it is my long hair and my purse that triggers it

I have a somewhat higher voice for a male; so, it happens to me quite frequently in drive throughs.

Lol I love it when I go thru the drive thru order in my MSN?s voice then the see me fully dressed and almost flip out expecting a man as their next customer. I just hand my money to them and either look thru my purse or straight ahead they give me my order and change with a smile and off I go.

Reality Check
    Realize that that cashier deals with hundreds of people per day and is probably in a "semi-automatic" mode. They are probably not really looking at you, just dealing with another in an endless line of people.

I have been out to dinner at a restaurant with my wife and had the waitress say "What would you ladies like to drink?" Same thing, just not paying attention.
    Krisi

You do have a fem face in your avatar photo. Being that you're a CD, that's a good thing!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Realize that that cashier deals with hundreds of people per day and is probably in a "semi-automatic" mode. They are probably not really looking at you, just dealing with another in an endless line of people.

I have been out to dinner at a restaurant with my wife and had the waitress say "What would you ladies like to drink?" Same thing, just not paying attention.
    Hi Krisi,

What you say makes a lot of sense to me. This is a case of me making something out of nothing, I'm afraid. Thanks for your feedback

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's nice when someone refers to me by how I'm dressed, Amanda. However, what I want from servers and SA's is service and assistance.

I have a mirror. So, I know I look like a MIAD!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I could only dream of that happening.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It has happened to me 2 or 3 times that I can remember. The most recent was while wearing lizard earrings while in my unisex work uniform. I didn't consider the earrings particularly feminine, but they dangle. I almost corrected them, but then just smiled and moved on a little happier. My ~8" pony tail probably contributed, but I'm sure they thought I was trans rather than GG. I do not have particularly feminine facial features.

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    Happened to me a few times when wearing long hair.
    Reading the Gradus ad Parnassum from Johann Fux

Funny, I read this post last week and thought it is odd that a male would have this happen. But, it just happened to me yesterday! I went to the supermarket and was at the checkout behind a shopper with a loaded cart. The cashier two lanes down opened and spoke to me, "ma'am, I am open here". Her voice was very clear so I have no doubt of what she said. She had to address me twice since I was initially confused. She rang me up with out addressing the error, which didn't bother me one bit.
    A little background, I have been growing my hair. It takes a while to go through an unmanageable stage but finally my hair is starting to look the way I want. I am still a bit surprised since I often go to that supermarket enfemme, I was totally male at that visit.

Twice that I can recall for me, when I had longer hair. Same, a new line at t grocery store opened up behind me, "Mam I can help you" I didn't turn "Mam! I can help you over here". Ugh! Another time my mom had some friends over and one of her friends looked at me and asked "Are you a boy or a girl? You just look so pretty" I just ran back to my bedroom.
    Like Amanda said "Way better than being "Sir'ed" in female mode!" LOL, yes, yes it is!

Unfortunately it happens to me more as a guy (once per week minimum) than when I am dressed to be as passable as possible. Longer hair and earrings are enough to do it usually. Though I do have to wonder how they make the mistake when I have a face full of stubble....

I think it's awesome when a waiter or waitress come from behind and starts speaking to us with "what can I get you ladies to drink"? Then once they center themselves at the end of the table and realize I'm a dude. I love the reactions. If they acknowledge they error'd we usually laugh it off with them. If they totally ignore their error and say nothing is also very entertaining. It's happened on many occasions before COVID but we don't eat out much anymore so I do miss that interaction.

I also find it interesting that it doesn't matter what I'm wearing. Male clothing ...a tee shirt...ok...or a collared shirt (obviously male) it really seems to make no difference. So maybe I should start wearing pink tee shirts? lol

I’ve let my hair grow and have been wearing it with either a scrungie or clipped into a ponytail. I tend to wear it up. I also dress in women’s clothing but in a fairly androgynous way — athleasure, tees, jeans, sandals or sneakers - but still all women’s clothing.

Increasingly I have Ma’am’ed once or twice a week. I even got called a very crude thing to a bicyclist that came very close to hitting me as I was walking in a crosswalk. I told my partner it was the most bizarre self-affirmation that I’ve ever had.

Apparently I walk like a girl. It is most common when they can see me walking up to them.

Marion

I’ve been ma’amed in male mode a few times. Yes, I like it.

Banned Read only
    Having long hair all of my life that has happened to me more than once, but usually from the back.

I remember being out rollerblading once in my teens in full male mode, only to have a few little kids asking if I was a boy or a girl. Made me feel awesome. Wish I had the confidence to be me then.

Amanda, Good for you. I have been called "man" in full girl mode and I was not happy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".