Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you Reread?

Silver Member

Do you Reread?

After posting, i like to reread it the next day, and see if anyone agrees/disagrees with me, and generally peruse any posts after mine. Do you do that also?

I write, let the spell check do its thing and send. I come back to see other responses and if someone refers to my post, I may go back to see if I was clear and on topic or not. If not, I may add another post to correct of clarify my first one. If I responded to the post, I am normally interested in seeing and reading others' inputs.

I do just as Allie does.
    i just like to see if my post gets ignored or was of interest or help to someone.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Not that I start many threads, but I do like to see if I helped with the conversation.

Mostly, I try to keep up with what happens every day.

I do. Because I’m unsure if my posting was well-worded and clear. Not confident in my writing lol.

I usually check this forum on my cell phone while having morning coffee. If I feel like I have something to contribute I will log in and reply. Later in the day I usually end up having to get on my computer and fix all the damage that spell check did.

When I stopped lurking and started participating last fall I was in the grasp of a thick fog and excited about what I was learning. In retrospect I probably came across like someone who was just converted to a new cult and wanted to share my thoughts. They probably should have duct taped me to a tree until the newness wore off as I was all over the place with my thinking.

Now I follow the posts that interest me and try to add to the discussion so that I become a familiar name. Therapy has taught me to not stress so much over it and let things unfold as they may.

This forum is an excellent resource and I'm happy that I found it. Hopefully my future posts will be tempered with a bit more wisdom and I will find my place in this crazy world.

Banned Read only
    Why would anyone post and not come back to see if anyone responded?

I even reread my own posts and will edit them days later if I think they need it.

Yes, I am a curious girl

Yes I do.
    Angie

Absolutely. I enjoy reading responses and different points of view, suggestions, experiences, etc.

Banned Read only
    Jenny,
    I feel when we post a thread we have a responsibility to respond to other members , there's nothing more annoying when someone does post and then totally ignores the comments good or bad . Sometimes I find I haven't given enough information or I haven't explained something clearly enough . I'm glad to say the mods do a great job on watching out for trolls , in the past there were some members who only wanted argue and upset other members but had nothing constructive to add .

Reality Check
    Yes.....
    Krisi

Hi Jenny,

Yes I do. In my normal writing I always let something official sit for a day or two and come back to it and sometimes make extensive changes. Here I proof read a post a couple of times before implementing it. The next day I will come back and see if there are responses to my specific post to see if I need to respond to any comments by others or add something else.

Platinum Member
    Yes, I do come back and reread and sometimes edit for spelling and context. Sometimes on second reading I feel my point did not come across and will clarify. And, sometimes another person will comment, positively or negatively, and I will post an additional response. If a thread spikes my interest I will come back and read the additional comments.

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Yes. If I don't get any replies I start to doubt the wisdom of the post.

Yes, I like to see what responses were generated.
    Hugs, Carole

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes. On many of my posts.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would think that checking back in with a thread you post to is something we need to do. If i start a thread, which I do not do often, I feel I need to keep an extra eye on it for anything that may come up.
    Crissy

I like to check back and say thank you if someone pays a compliment to a photo I posted. Someone may also add a bit of useful information or a suggestion I hadn't thought of.

i reread all the topics i post in cause i like to see others styles or beginnings. makes you understand others a lot better. i even reread a few of my old post to realize how dumb i was when i first joined the forum. i didn't always take myself seriously. now i do. it shows how much i have matured as Christina.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

I do reread if I see a new post has been added after my comment.
    I like to keep up on the thread and see additional comments.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

We all live vicariously through our friends here on this site. Of course we all re-read. This is how we make connections.
    If we were totally alone and not have this site to communicate. How many of us would bother to even dress?
    The name is Cross Dressers correct. I know that there are people here from the complete spectrum of sexuality. For me, as a straight white man that loves to dress. I can honestly say that my dressing would be a lot less. Never mind going outside dressed.
    Because of most of you, I have the nerve, ability to kind of pass at 20 ft, to go out daytime shopping. I even returned shoes I purchased in male mode if full flaming womanhood. With my big stomach, I am surprised women don't ask when I am due. Of course the SILVER hair gives my age away.

Love Natalie.

I find it to be a strange question! Why on earth would anyone post something and not check for a response?

Banned Read only
    Certainly I come back to reread a thread I've posted on. It's always interesting to see if I've prompted any responses. Even if there are none, if I was interested enough to post on a topic in the first place, it's worth returning to see what others had to say.

Since editing was mentioned here, a couple of extra comments and questions about how people post. I very rarely come back to edit a post later. I try to get it right the first time. I never post on a cellphone. Unless it's a very brief post, I invariably prepare it in a word processor on my laptop and paste it in, then I always use the Preview feature (for which I'm very grateful--some boards don't provide that) to check it through before posting it.

Reading some other members' posts, I've noticed two occasional peculiarities that I'm curious about. One is homophones or near-homophones--that is, words that sound the same or nearly the same, but can be spelled very differently, and with a totally different meaning that makes no sense in context. "I bought knew close," for instance, instead of "new clothes." I'd be interested to know how many people are using voice to text, on a cellphone most likely, which mangled what they were trying to express.

The other is the character sets not supported by the software here, which result in some characters being displayed as question marks. This is especially noticeable with printers' style apostrophes and quotation marks, which come out as She said ?I?m here? as she opened the door, and so forth. Yet this shouldn't be a problem because any character on an ordinary keyboard like mine does reproduce correctly here: every one of the 96 printable characters from the original 7-bit ASCII character set, including the standard apostrophe (') and quotation marks ("). So I wonder what some people are using to prepare or enter their posts if they're encountering this problem. When I use a word processor I naturally have to turn the "smart quotes" feature off to avoid it, but that's simple enough.

Yes, always. I value the input from the community here, and honest feedback to something I have posted, or different information and points of view from other posters is always interesting to read.
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-