Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I stay dressed for service tech.

Should I stay dressed for service tech.

There is a service technician coming tomorrow to replace some old equipment. I tempted to stay dressed when he comes for the call. It will be the first time I?ve done anything like that and I?m somewhat nervous. What have been your experiences. Should I do it?

Thanks for your comments and encouragement.

Love,
    D

It sounds like you already have some anxiety over the prospect, which would make any interactions with him awkward. There’s a lot of bad that could potentially come from this. Make your decision carefully.

Banned Read only
    It's all in your head. People who make home visits as part of their work have seen it all and will not be bothered or surprised by anything. Wear your stuff, practice social distancing and stay calm. It will be a lot of fun.

You definitely should not be undressed. That would warrant a good dressing down.

Dress as you please, but please do dress.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

If you are nervous about it, it will show. Do you present as female in pubic? are you comfortable with it, if so - no pblm,.........have fun, be relaxed ................................... Debra

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why stress yourself needlessly?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wear my bra and enhancers under a t-shirt when service techs come in. I'm comfortable this way. I have no idea if they notice or not.

I think you service tech might be uncomfortable if you came to the door undressed. You might want to have some clothes on. What you decide to wear is up to you. If you are not comfortable in full female mode, go for a hybrid look. Most important ... enjoy yourself, relax, and have fun.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Important question. How many of you are familiar with the “gay panic” defense? It’s basically a legal precedent in certain states that says that if a straight person feels that they are being hit on by a gay person, they are basically free to assault or murder that gay person without fear of consequences. Being dressed alone in a house with a tech could be considered a “sexual advance”. Not sure what the laws are where you are, but please be safe.

I have done this many times. The plumber that I use knows me only as Carole. If your presentation is good, do it!
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    I say that if you have to ask the question, then the answer is no.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-30-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Platinum Member
    You have the range of perspectives here. The one that matters is how you feel. Are you interested in coming farther out, being out and about in your community? For that matter, have you been out and are you comfortable presenting as a woman? If the answer is yes to the above, then I would lean in favor. If it is maybe...then perhaps consider another, perhaps less in your face opportunity to introduce yourself to the world.

I think most of us that do go out and are comfortable with receiving visits from technicians in our femme mode, eventually reached the point where we just were no longer willing to dash into the bedroom and change for the benefit of a stranger. I know I reached the point where I just wasn?t willing to disguise myself when I went out in my front yard, when delivery people or neighbors knocked my door, or when I needed to run routine errands. The time had come and I stepped out into the world. The fear quickly dissipated.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I would say that it depends on your motivation. Are you normally CDed? Or do you want someone (anyone?) to see you to get a reaction? If your normal attire is to be CDed, then it's no big deal and you shouldn't be nervous. The fact that you are "nervous" makes me think that you possibly want a reaction (just guessing).

A person who is working shouldn't be put into what may be an uncomfortable position for them. He/she is there to do a job, not critique your choice of clothing or lifestyle.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-29-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Silver Member
    I wouldn't fully present myself as a CDer unless you are completely out. He knows your name and has your address, and who knows what could follow. Underdress, and maybe put on just a tad of makeup.

"I tempted to stay dressed when he comes for the call."

Well, at least keep your pants on....

You may have already made up your mind. If your using this as a means to build more confidence, or confirm your current passing ability's, you might be better at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I say that if you have to ask the question, then the answer is no.

You are just not ready.
    I agree with Roberta on this, no need to add more stress in your life.
    Crissy

Reality Check
    If you go out in public dressed, you have an escape. Go back home. If you invite someone into your house, you are stuck with no escape.

I say don't do it.
    Krisi

Thank you for all of the helpful comments. While I am comfortable going out en femme, and do it quite often, I'm not ready to reveal myself at home. I will underdress and maybe do some light makeup.

This sounds like one of my sexual fantasies. I've seen it in videos!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    Delwyn,
    When I moved to my new home I'd made the decision to go full time , so I also had to answer these questions . I remember the reaction from a plumber when I opened the front door , he took two steps back before gathering his thoughts but he soon got over it , since then it's just become easier and easier but for me I had to lose any thought of being a man , somehow when you do that the reactions stop . OK I would never answer the door in a mini skirt and 5" heels if I knew a tradesman was calling , on one occasion I had to scramble through my loft with the guy who had come to fit my woodburner to check out the chimney stack . I helped the guy that came to measure my curtains , I could list more but it's now part of my life now , so it's no longer a problem .

Micki,
    You've got to be kidding , is that for real ??

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    If you are nervous about it, it will show. Do you present as female in pubic? are you comfortable with it, if so - no pblm,.........have fun, be relaxed ................................... Debra
    Could not agree more. You will on your turf, but that also means that there's pretty much nowhere to retreat to, should your anxiety get the best of you. If you are not completely confident in your female presentation, why bother? Unless, of course, it's the thrill you're after. As a lifelong adrenaline junkie, I can sort of understand. Not the way I get my fix, but I do get it.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Are you trans--thinking of transition--or solidly a crossdresser? As a crossdresser myself, I wouldn't.

One thought on this subject. If you're committed to being dressed up when having someone like come over, perhaps when making the appointment next time let the service company note that fact so they can let the technician know to expect it. They are there to do the work as part of their job after all, and it ideally it should help reduce some of the stress about it if they know what to expect ahead of time.

Hope it goes well with whatever you decide to do.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica2020 View Post
    next time let the service company note that fact so they can let the technician know to expect it.
    I am sorry but that's just as dumb as calling ahead to a store and asking if you can shop there dressed.

It comes down to this. If you are doing this for a thrill then just don't.