Thread: Blog question.....

Blog question.....

would any of you ladies be interested in following a blog or possibly a instagram page where I review clothes, shoes and jewelry? I?m talking mostly name brand clothes like Ann Taylor, Loft, Banana Republic, etc. I would discuss fit, quality and such. I have been thinking about doing this for a while but just wasn?t sure what type of following I could get. Thank y?all so much for any input!

Morgan

Don't we, or can't we do it right here?

I've seen a few blogs but only have one that i look at semi-regularly. Being a man-in-a-dress myself, I'm not really interested in passing and really only do stealth styles when out. I'm guessing many here would check out a blog by one of the members, but the content would be the determinant as to whether there would be a following. If you have something to say, I'd say go for it.

I don't remember who said it originally but there's a quote that says "We publish to find comrades". Ya' never know without that first step. Best of luck.

What does how we feel about it have to do with whether you do it or not?

Write your blog. If it's good, people will check it out at least once out of politeness. Whether they come back or not depends on the quality of your content....or discontent, as the case may be.

Ball's in your court.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Blogs are great! But blogs are also kind of dying. I've run my blog since 2010. Over that time the numbers have risen and fallen, some things I write about interest people and some things just don't. I've never gotten my numbers up so high that I felt I was doing something awesomely beneficial to anybody, except for myself. And now, after as long as I have written my blog for, that is what I really like about it, it has functioned as an online diary for me, and my own benefit. I love being able to look back at my own history and understand myself better.

Thus that is my advice, sure start a blog. But do it for you, for your own interests, and your own benefits. If you do it only for the interaction with others you may find yourself struggling with the ever present "low-audience blues."

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It may have been better if u announced your new blog here so folks could check it out, Morgan.

Asking us if we like something that doesn't exit is kind of pointless. No matter what we answer? "Yes", "no", etc. It's meaningless!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Don't listen to naysayers. That's a great idea. I would strongly recommend using Instagram as your platform. It's very visual, you can write all you want in every post and their hashtag use is endless. Research which hashtags are most popular among crossdressers and fashion bloggers. You could potentially have an audience of thousands or tens of thousands across the globe, not just the twelve of us who comment on here all the time.

Nadine ,i love your blog. ive been reading it for a few years

Er--
    I might have missed somthing (not unknown!) but dont we have a section on here (cothing ect ) reinventing the wheel comes to mind....

Liz,

I thought the same but I suppose if you're looking for a broader audience then a blog is the way to go.

Morgan,

Would your blog be aimed at the cd'ing community or the wider public? If discussion on fit is one of the parameters then CD to GG is likely to differ.