I've been coming out to friends and family. I'm close to two years on hormones, it's nearly three months living full time as Sarah and I see no reason to change course. Of the 60 or so people I've come out to almost everyone has been supportive with two who haven't responded and one who seemed to support me but got political saying she wasn't going to debate the Trans Service Ban. She is my niece and worked her career as a civilian with the Air Force, but nothing in my note to her suggested I wanted anything more than to continue what had been a good relationship. I'm the most politically and socially liberal in the family and she and her siblings are among the most conservative, if that matters in this situation.

Today I discovered she found a Transgender friend on my guy Facebook page, friended her and has sent me a friend request on my Sarah page. That's a lot of background work for something she might have been able to just ask me about, rather than try to smoke me out. I'm letting the request just sit for now since I plan to finish coming out totally, but not for a few more months and preferably on my timetable, not hers. I'm slightly unsettled by her effort, what do you think?