Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you turn into a woman if you could?

Would you turn into a woman if you could?

Hi all,

First of all thanks to all the people who have already replied my old threads and wil answer this one. I am going through a very consufing moment of my life and your support is gold.
    I also apologize to the admin if sometimes I accidentally post in the wrong section.
    Thanks to my wife I began to accept the fact that I like to crossdress and that it is not just a kink as I have been telling myself for years as an excuse. She said -I will love you anyway, no matter what you wear. If one day you will live as a woman full time I will be ok with that-
    Now, I would have never imagined to find a person like her but this continuos desire of dressing up is confusing me.
    To the question - Would you like to become a woman? -, my answer right now is -it is complicated-. Also the first explanation I give for that is that my family would never accept that and I could not easily find a job presenting myself as non biological woman.
    Does this mean that deep inside I would like to if those big BUT were not there?
    Have you ever asked yourself if you were transgender?
    Do you think I am continuosly lying to myself saying that I am fine with dressing up once in a while at home?
    I do not hate my male body. That should clear any doubt about being transgender or not ,right?
    I know these might be heavy questions but maybe some of you went through similar situations.

Not if it was permanent, I like being a guy.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I know for myself i love dressing up and hoping i look or feel pretty! I would love to stay dress all day long maybe for a couple of days! But i still like doing my guys stuff too! I think am just about living the best of both world!

No, absolutely not.
    Much as i enjoy dressing its part time only for me.

Banned Read only
    Gia,
    You may need to speak to a counsellor to find some of these answers . I can undestand the question you ask as most of us have been through a similar situation . I was in a DADT situation so for years I had no one to talk to as the problem gradually became worse , In my forties I felt my head was going to explode , I couldn't explain the feelings and had no real answers to them . Counselling was the only way out , the problem was my wife thought it meant a cure .

It was a long gradual process so now finally in my sixties after 46 years of marriage I live a separate life happily as Teresa , I've socially transitioned and live life as a woman , actually being a woman would make very little difference to my lifestyle , I'm comfortable and found the right balance in my life .

You are well over half my age with so much to live for and also have a supportive wife , try and find your answers now , don't be frightened of therapy , it's there to help you .
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-02-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Agree with Teresa, get thee to a counselor as you need to discuss this with more than just wife

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Hi, Gia

Short answer: If I could completely become a woman, (this day and age, of course, anyone can have their gender changed), no, I would not. Why? Because of course, I was born a male, I've lived my entire life as a male and unlike transgenders, (or most of what I've read and heard), I am comfortable in my own, male body and I don't feel as if I'm a woman trapped in a man's body. Yes, I very much enjoy cross-dressing, but that's it..... I like to be able to easily take off any feminine things that I wear and quickly be back in "male mode". There is a huge difference, in my honest opinion, between cross-dressers and transgenders.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

hello Gia,
    I do not want to transition; I have accepted who I am.
    But, it would be nice to be reborn as a woman when the time comes!
    luv J

If you had asked me that question when I was 21 the answer would have been a resounding yes.
    At this point of my life, as I live as a woman about 75% of the time I would say no. I'm happy with how things are.

If there is such a thing as reincarnation then I hope I come back as a woman to be able to experience life from start to finish as a female.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am not sure if I would or wouldn't. I like switching back and forth and love dressing but I would never pass. I have considered a partial transition and think of myself in more of a non binary sense. Whatever we are I have come to understand that it's a long process to sort this all out and find peace. Yes, that appeals to me and I would have to answer yes based on my current understanding and place in this crazy world. That could all change but that is how I'm feeling right now.

Great question...In college, in one of my psych classes, we were asked to write a paper about how we think we?d be if we were the opposite sex. Wow.was I wrong. Over my years of dressing, I have occasionally pondered these thoughts. I?m a very curious, adventurous person...going back to that fateful experience when I, out of curiosity, tried on a pair of pantyhose. I love being a guy. Having said that, Yes..I?d like to be a woman, for a period of time, to experience a woman?s physical and emotional experiences...as long as I could switch back. This will never happen, so, I?ll never know.

I really never thought about it, because that's not possible (I mean becoming biological woman), but probably yes. Just to be able to wear heels, panties, pantyhose, skirts and makeup without getting ridiculed and pushed aside in the society.

Platinum Member
    Its really important to understand that cross dressing is part of the transgender universe. Transsexuals are people who very clearly know that they inhabit a body that doesnt match their identity. The remainder may enjoy dressing as a sexual kink, or to varying degrees feel the need to express femininity in their lives. Its perfectly acceptable for you to seek fulfillment of that need by dressing exclusively at home.

You have a supportive spouse and opportunity to explore. You don?t need to find all your answers today. Live in the present tense.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Lately I have been confused by all the questions and answers I have read on this site. Your question asks whether, if I could, transform into a woman. Another thread had the typical responses indicating people dressed to get in touch with their "feminine" side. Aside from the obvious, the genitalia difference, what is the difference between a man and a woman? What is a "feminine side?" I've always said if I was not born a man I would like to have been born a woman. I have always viewed the question as a trick question asked by someone who is waiting for a response that I would like to have been born as a dog. Then the person would jump on my butt because he or she would view my answer as "so your perception of women is less than that of a dog."

When someone says they are living as a woman, what does that mean? I cannot think of anything different that I do when en femme than what I do when wearing my male clothing. Wearing feminine attire does not make a woman. Wearing male attire does not make a man. If you're not of that genitalia.

I have to fall back on my usual answer to the questions asked by my wife. I do not know why I do what I do. I can only say how wearing women's clothing makes me feel. Maybe it's because I am aging (73) that I really do not think in terms of male chores and female chores.

If your questions is really whether or not I would want to go through life wearing only women's clothing if I could, the answer in "yes." However, I am a realist. It's not going to happen because of the societal norms and expectations will isolate me from too many activities. Still, wearing the vestments of a woman will not transform me into a woman.

Banned Read only
    My answer would be yes and I am on that journey as we speak...

But if you asked me that question even as little as a few years ago I would have said no.

Throughout my life "I'm just a crossdresser" has been my big lie, and I was lying to myself most of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    When someone says they are living as a woman, what does that mean?
    To me it means changing your name, dressing 24/7 as a woman, and never again going back to "boy mode" for any reason.

People are still required to do this for at least one full year to receive SRS in most places. (Specially if you are trying to get insurance to pay for any of it)
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-02-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I am definitely just a crossdresser. I like dressing & emulating a woman, but I will still use any towel in the kitchen no matter how fancy.
    Sara

With out question I would change an become a female if i could take a pill and live as a female the rest of my life

Banned Read only
    Stephanie,
    You miss the important point of dealing with dysphoria , if you are born with a female trait then you need some means of being in touch or in tune with it . To the outside World it may appear to be just dressing like a woman but there is a more to it for TGs .

I would also like to point out that society does not exclude or isolate you from normal activities , that thought is more in the mind than reality , you only have to look at my avatar the see I'm not excluded by my painting group , I went from appearing as a man to appearing as a woman without any problems .

I would much prefer to turn into a complete man, than to turn into a woman.

But we all know that won't happen, so I try to make the best of my different sides.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Nope. CD. Like living in both worlds.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I quite literally appear to "turn into a woman" whenever I like using my female suit!

That completely satisfies my fem desires, Gia!
    However, it took me over 12 years of confusion, guilt, and experimentation to discover that!

P1400022 (628x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    If I was 25 to 30 years younger, I would take that magic pink pill to womanhood. But now, too old. I satisfy my longing by dressing as much as I can, with lipstick.

Quote Originally Posted by LIKETODRESS2 View Post
    With out question I would change an become a female if i could take a pill and live as a female the rest of my life
    Yep. What she said. As long as I could have the my wits, as they are now. As a woman, I don’t think I could have learned and done as much in life, especially starting from the middle of last century in the middle of the USA. I’d probably be dead by now from some stupid mistake, as a generic woman. Now, I’d know the pitfalls and use my femininity wisely.
    ❤️

Platinum Member
    Hi Gia , At age 77 I am enjoying having the best of both worlds, >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Hi Gia, and welcome to the board!

To answer your question, yes, I would choose to turn magically into a woman if I could... BUT only if I could change back again at the flip of a switch! I expect it would be a fascinating and enjoyable experience, but that doesn't mean I could function permanently as a woman, and I'd never want to abandon being male.

That's the problem here: that some changes are simply not reversible, if we need to change our minds!

Have I ever asked myself if I was transgender? Not really, because I always knew I wasn't. But how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gia View Post
    I do not hate my male body. That should clear any doubt about being transgender or not ,right?
    Does that mean in your mind that you're not transgender? "Transgender" can be a broad umbrella term covering a lot of things. I would guess it means that you're not transsexual, not in the sense that you'd want surgery (or even hormones) to change your body into a female. Besides, you're unusually lucky to have such a supportive wife who wouldn't even mind if you chose to live full time as a woman. I assume you have a good sexual relationship with her and would not want to alter your body in any way that would ruin that part of your relationship.

You may still be "transgender" in the sense of wanting to live publicly as a woman, either full or part time. And within the constraints imposed by a male body, there is no reason you can't do that if you find it suits you. That's not something I aspire to do myself, which is why I don't class myself as "transgender." But if you've been crossdressing since early childhood, as you said in your introductory thread, that does suggest you're transgender yourself. The fact that you enjoy masculine hobbies does not preclude this. Quite a few women enjoy "masculine hobbies" themselves. For instance, I recall an actress, singer and comedienne who said her hobby was carpentry.

Still, you have choices. You could choose to live full time as a woman. Depending on what kind of work you do, are you sure it would be hard to find a job presenting as a woman? I'm guessing you're German yourself (though your English is excellent and natural), and I don't know how most Germans today regard transgendered people, but as far as public issues go regarding employment discrimination, I imagine they're reasonably tolerant and enlightened, as much of northern Europe is. Alternatively, you do have the option of living part time as a woman, while remaining male at work.

All these choices are flexible. If they turn out not to suit you, you can always revert to being male, except for crossdressing in private at home.

However, what I gather is that you haven't yet even ventured out in public, due partly to your living situation, which you expect to change. That's a big step in itself, Obviously you will want to explore doing things like that, and interacting socially in public as a woman (which takes courage, naturally) before you can even know whether this is the right path for you, or whether it's more of a fantasy. So right now it's too early to tell, until you've done more experimenting.

But if it's troubling you, Teresa's suggestion of counseling is still a good one to help you sort yourself out. Good luck!