Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you turn into a woman if you could?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would you turn into a woman if you could?

Hi all,

First of all thanks to all the people who have already replied my old threads and wil answer this one. I am going through a very consufing moment of my life and your support is gold.
    I also apologize to the admin if sometimes I accidentally post in the wrong section.
    Thanks to my wife I began to accept the fact that I like to crossdress and that it is not just a kink as I have been telling myself for years as an excuse. She said -I will love you anyway, no matter what you wear. If one day you will live as a woman full time I will be ok with that-
    Now, I would have never imagined to find a person like her but this continuos desire of dressing up is confusing me.
    To the question - Would you like to become a woman? -, my answer right now is -it is complicated-. Also the first explanation I give for that is that my family would never accept that and I could not easily find a job presenting myself as non biological woman.
    Does this mean that deep inside I would like to if those big BUT were not there?
    Have you ever asked yourself if you were transgender?
    Do you think I am continuosly lying to myself saying that I am fine with dressing up once in a while at home?
    I do not hate my male body. That should clear any doubt about being transgender or not ,right?
    I know these might be heavy questions but maybe some of you went through similar situations.

Not if it was permanent, I like being a guy.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Not if it was permanent, I like being a guy.
    You answered for me! I wold really like it to try for a while but not to stay. and as for Transgendered, No I'm just a MTF crossdressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I would love being a real woman. But that's not posable so I thank I think aboutb the way Kay J thinks with a bit of more girl in me.
    Angie

YES, but only if I had a body that would be considered attractive...
    That being said, would also like to be 40/50/60 years younger, maybe 70/80 pounds less weight.....
    In other words, Would love it if the dream was what the world considers as young and beautiful....
    If not, well I guess I'd still enjoy the thrill, still nice to dream for it all as opposed to only "what if".....
    I am guessing, everyone desires to be some one that is attractive to 'others'....
    Nice dream.... Where do I sign up?

If it was possible and I knew my whole life wouldn't be turned upside down, a big yes!

You Can Call Me Christy G
    So we enjoy the feeling of being inside a woman's clothing, whatever it is that stirs our imagination. Most of us also probably have a fantasy of who this woman is wearing these clothes, likely an ideal... some woman from our past, some woman we've seen in the movies, a television show, who lives down the street or in the office where we work. I'm reminded of the two young women who live down the street from me... overweight and not particularly attractive. Would I accept that if I said yes to this question? Probably not... I'd want to come back an Angelina Jolie before she had her breasts removed. As is often said in 12 Step meetings, it is a mistake to compare my insides with anyone's outside. Being a woman isn't simply wearing nice lingerie, pretty dresses and high heels. It is about menstrual cycles, hot flashes, leering men who are seldom complimentary, bosses that grab your ass and aren't excited about promoting you. If I wish to live a challenging life with boredom, confusion and regret, I can simply stay a man and do that. Yes, reaching toward a fantasy is time honored and I can play that game any time I want to put on a brassiere, as I did this morning. I love the feeling of breasts in a brassiere but I don't think that is a sensible reason to entertain being a woman. This question, of course, lies close to the heart of every man here because crossdressing is rooted in gender confusion. I've concluded after decades of uncertainty, often brought on by my desire to feel and wear sexy lingerie, that I'm fine with being a man AND I'm fine with wearing a brassiere when the spirit moves me... which is most mornings. Staying at home makes it very easy.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time...
    T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

I know for myself i love dressing up and hoping i look or feel pretty! I would love to stay dress all day long maybe for a couple of days! But i still like doing my guys stuff too! I think am just about living the best of both world!

No, absolutely not.
    Much as i enjoy dressing its part time only for me.

Thanks everybody for your answers!🙂

As there's not much difference in life from being a big, old homely guy to being a big, old homely woman, well, no. My GID isn't so severe that I need to do that. Even when I was younger, I simply didn't have the body that would make it a reasonable change. Well over six feet tall, barrel chested, size 16 feet and x large hands, no, wouldn't make for a decent life as a woman, it would be just a different sort of discomfort in life. It would just be exchanging one set of problems for another. I had sort of expected to become a girl when I was about 12; if it had happened then, I would have welcomed it, as that was what I had thought was supposed to happen.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

This reminds me of my talks with my therapist, but cheaper.

If I could take a pill and not have all my family and work issues ... I would have done it.

If I could have done it when I was younger and have a more feminine body I would.

Wonder what all my pitfalls would be if that happened?

It's a hard question to answer. Maybe in my late teens, early twenties I wondered about it. I think it was mainly down to not having a meaning full relationship. Finding solace in dressing and wondering what it would be like going all in as it were.

Banned Read only
    Gia,
    You may need to speak to a counsellor to find some of these answers . I can undestand the question you ask as most of us have been through a similar situation . I was in a DADT situation so for years I had no one to talk to as the problem gradually became worse , In my forties I felt my head was going to explode , I couldn't explain the feelings and had no real answers to them . Counselling was the only way out , the problem was my wife thought it meant a cure .

It was a long gradual process so now finally in my sixties after 46 years of marriage I live a separate life happily as Teresa , I've socially transitioned and live life as a woman , actually being a woman would make very little difference to my lifestyle , I'm comfortable and found the right balance in my life .

You are well over half my age with so much to live for and also have a supportive wife , try and find your answers now , don't be frightened of therapy , it's there to help you .
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-02-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Banned Read only
    Hi Gia, and welcome to the board!

To answer your question, yes, I would choose to turn magically into a woman if I could... BUT only if I could change back again at the flip of a switch! I expect it would be a fascinating and enjoyable experience, but that doesn't mean I could function permanently as a woman, and I'd never want to abandon being male.

That's the problem here: that some changes are simply not reversible, if we need to change our minds!

Have I ever asked myself if I was transgender? Not really, because I always knew I wasn't. But how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gia View Post
    I do not hate my male body. That should clear any doubt about being transgender or not ,right?
    Does that mean in your mind that you're not transgender? "Transgender" can be a broad umbrella term covering a lot of things. I would guess it means that you're not transsexual, not in the sense that you'd want surgery (or even hormones) to change your body into a female. Besides, you're unusually lucky to have such a supportive wife who wouldn't even mind if you chose to live full time as a woman. I assume you have a good sexual relationship with her and would not want to alter your body in any way that would ruin that part of your relationship.

You may still be "transgender" in the sense of wanting to live publicly as a woman, either full or part time. And within the constraints imposed by a male body, there is no reason you can't do that if you find it suits you. That's not something I aspire to do myself, which is why I don't class myself as "transgender." But if you've been crossdressing since early childhood, as you said in your introductory thread, that does suggest you're transgender yourself. The fact that you enjoy masculine hobbies does not preclude this. Quite a few women enjoy "masculine hobbies" themselves. For instance, I recall an actress, singer and comedienne who said her hobby was carpentry.

Still, you have choices. You could choose to live full time as a woman. Depending on what kind of work you do, are you sure it would be hard to find a job presenting as a woman? I'm guessing you're German yourself (though your English is excellent and natural), and I don't know how most Germans today regard transgendered people, but as far as public issues go regarding employment discrimination, I imagine they're reasonably tolerant and enlightened, as much of northern Europe is. Alternatively, you do have the option of living part time as a woman, while remaining male at work.

All these choices are flexible. If they turn out not to suit you, you can always revert to being male, except for crossdressing in private at home.

However, what I gather is that you haven't yet even ventured out in public, due partly to your living situation, which you expect to change. That's a big step in itself, Obviously you will want to explore doing things like that, and interacting socially in public as a woman (which takes courage, naturally) before you can even know whether this is the right path for you, or whether it's more of a fantasy. So right now it's too early to tell, until you've done more experimenting.

But if it's troubling you, Teresa's suggestion of counseling is still a good one to help you sort yourself out. Good luck!

i used to think no unless I could switch back, but now am saying yes.

Aspiring Member
    I would love to become a woman. For an hour or two, or maybe an entire day. But I need, not want, that magic button that restores me to a man.

Maybe many years ago, now ? no, having implants? again no I like the level of femininity within myself and love dressing 24/7 and now with my daughter and the rest of family (except my son right now) fully embracing me I am content with the way I am.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Not now but many years ago the answer would have been yes. My wife would almost certainly divorce me.
    Crissy

Absolutely

Every time I see this thread pop up and see the question the answer for me is an almost instantaneous yes. Obviously it is complicated by your given circumstances including relationships, age and various other circumstances.....

But, if I were able to choose my gender and turn into a woman at my very core the bottom line answer is ABSOLUTELY YES. In a heartbeat girl.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

If I could flip a switch, in a heartbeat. If I have to transition and go through that agony, likely not. Some day I’ll really probably regret that, but such is life.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Hi Tia. No is the simple answer I have invested too much effort into being a guy over the years wife kids sports etc. There was a time in my 20s when it might of made sense and I still have those dreams. But I have come I realise there is more to life than what others see as your gender. Just be your self and enjoy who you are. For me that involves a loving wife and family. Plus sports where I can acumplish more with the help of of my given body,. Fortunately my brain no longer argues with that logic as it did when I was younger. Except who you are, but understand that your goals will forever be moving.

Out as Lana Mae 24/7 365! Out to family, friends and at work! No problems! I am Lana Mae! I am a woman! My name change is in progress and a majority have been changed! Even my North Carolina drivers license which now states that I AM female! But really: just be you and do you! This is my life but may not be yours at all or even close! The suggestion of a counselor was a very solid idea and I still see mine on a regular basis! Best wishes with all of this! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Out as Lana Mae 24/7 365! Out to family, friends and at work! No problems! I am Lana Mae! I am a woman! My name change is in progress and a majority have been changed! Even my North Carolina drivers license which now states that I AM female! But really: just be you and do you! This is my life but may not be yours at all or even close! The suggestion of a counselor was a very solid idea and I still see mine on a regular basis! Best wishes with all of this! Hugs Lana Mae
    Lana Mae has achieved something I still struggle with.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt