Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the pebble that started the avalanche?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Probably the vivid red Vanity Fair bra I bought myself one year as a Christmas present. That was my first bra. After that I started buying undergarments which were as color matched as possible to slips and panties. Back in the 1980's manufacturers/designers were making sets of matching bra, panty, full and half slips.
    Yes, I too had some matching Vanity Fair and Maidenform bra, panty and slip sets. My favorite set included a mini-slip with see-through lace inserts on the sides. I loved wearing that over my garter belt and stockings. Oh how I miss the lingerie of that era!

Nylons. I tried them when I was 5 and wore them ever since,well, maybe from late teen years. For me crossdressing=nylons, everything else is incidental. One day I dressed but with bare legs. It felt all wrong. Quickly pulled the nylons on and voila! everything was right again.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

CynthiaD, I absolutely loved your post and am happy for you both that you have reached somewhat of a middle ground in your marriage. I wish you continued happiness.
    Crissy

Curiosity at first then I had a chance to dress up as a witch for halloween I did that a few time. Then I dressed as a hooker for work on halloween I got so many positive responses that caused the leek in the damn to burst.
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Buying my own tights as an adult after repressing my thoughts of crossdressing for the best part of 25 years.

First pair kind of sucked as I was so nervous but I got hooked and own more than my wife.

What a beautiful story! So glad you've found peace, Cynthia

Sometime around early puberty I realized I could fit pretty well in my mother's clothes.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

The pebble started a long time ago when a little girl threw her dress over her head! I wanted a dress! No,you are a boy! I tried to be a boy! I fooled everyone even myself! The truth would not be denied! Now 69 and realizing my feminine self 24/7! I am Lana Mae! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I loved reading all your posts. I'm brand new to crossdressing. I've only been doing this for a month. But the moment I first tried on a dress, I was hooked! It's one of my wife's old dresses that she never wears. It's too heavy for summer wear but will be perfect for the fall. That moment as I felt the fabric of the dress encase my body was indescribable. I actually let out a soft moan. I'm totally hooked now. My favourite is a long flowing dress.

Diana, indeed nothing feels like the soft swirl of a dress!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Brandie, I've never had the chance to dress for Halloween but last year when a SA was teasing me about pantyhose purchases I smiled slyly and replied, "Halloween is coming!"

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    My mother's red lipstick I tried on in 1962 when she was out at work and I was home from school. I wanted to see what I looked like as a girl. (red lips was the big thing then every woman and girl had them)------I did this several times when I had the chance, and one day, when I was home alone, decided to go "whole hog" Lipstick, mascara, nylons, a girdle, bra slip and dress. no wig or shoes though. The cheap wigs were not around back then (I had to use a scarf) and my moms shoes were just a tad too small.-----I lounged around a bit and then "released the pressure"---It was heavenly!
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 08-11-2020 at 04:44 PM.

My sister's dancing dress, when I was between eight or ten. I still remember how I felt. Maybe is the first time that I felt sexually aroused.

I have a very early memory of being caught trying on a pair of hose by my grandmother. It had to be 1967-68 when it happened because we lived with her for a short time between those years. ( ...Yea, Im old...lol).... After that nothing at all for years , and it didn't even occur to me to wear womens clothes, so it was probably just curiousity but who knows?.....Years later it started up again with panties, when I was a teenager, that my first boyfriend encouraged me to wear. Then it was blouses, and simple skirts or shorts that he thought I looked good in, and i enjoyed the attention from him.

BUT the big one?..... When the internet exploded....Suddenly there was so much information out there and I didn't feel so alone . Which also includes this site, as Docrobbysherry said. I was a lurker here for years before I decided to join and comment, although I still mostly just read unless I feel I have something to share.

The internet also made shopping for literally anything, available at your fingertips without feeling "weird " about shopping in a dept. store for womens clothes, which I only did at Christmastime or Valentines day before that time as a cover. I'm older now, and regularly shopping in stores doesn't bother me at all, but when I was younger, I was so nervous!

It literally went off the rails for me after the internet and I LOVE the makeup tutorials on YouTube... Dressing, makeup, ect. for me is something I do almost daily now, especially when my boyfriend and I are going to see each other.

Franngurl, I?m sooo jealous. Make-up is my major fail. DADT simply makes finding safe time to experiment impossible.

mine was when i began to get good at makeup and saw myself as a woman for the first time.....omg i needed everything from that moment on
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    A pair of my mother's pantyhose that she had left on her bed. They just felt so "right" when I put them on. Think I was 6 or 7 at the time. My first purchase was Size A, sheer to waist, nude, L'egg's pantyhose. Was probably 12 when I bought those.

A side note, L'eggs used to have vans that drove from store to store to stock the egg shaped display. I think only women had the stock job. Everyone I saw was wearing pantyhose. I always wanted that job when I grew up as it would give me an excuse to wear pantyhose every day.

Aspiring Member
    I used to paint my finger nail around 12 years old or younger as far as I can remember
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Meschelle, I think that would be a dream job too.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Felicia, you add to the fire! Where will I ever find the time to experiment with makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Solange View Post
    Felicia, you add to the fire! Where will I ever find the time to experiment with makeup.
    Solange, I hope you can find the time! I had been dressing for decades before I really got serious with makeup. Seeing yourself as a woman is a life changing experience. It literally changed my worldview forever.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

When I was in 7th grade and tried on a blue and white one-piece of my sister's, and realized how well it fit, and how natural I looked in it. I honestly don't know where my head was before then, but that was when I realized I could probably pass and knew I wanted to.

-D

Danni, I still love one pieces and bodysuits. They feel so amazing.

My experience too !

When I found my passion in dressing lingeries from mom drawer I decided to go shopping for bras and undies ,,,,where I entered a big mall in which no one payed attention ,,I then picked a red sexy bras with a string with made me hard for a long time ,,,that was the first avalanche for my crossdressing in which I own a whole wardrobe today for all kind of dresses and high heels ...and my joy
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

I?m glad you found value and enjoyed one of my threads, Solange.

In my case, the pebbles were my mothers or grandmothers makeup; including the lipstick, Ponds cold cream and other things. I used to love the way they smelled and there was no equivalent male product with the same smell, so the outcome was pretty much inevitable.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

In my youth, next door sisters playing dress up. Invited me to join them. Nothing happened until I slipped on a pair of pantyhose...Crash, Bam Alakazam. Unbelievable, pleasurable sensation. I was hooked. Next came panties, heels, then a bra...the rest is history. I still wear pantyhose or thigh highs almost daily.