Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busted by the click of my heels

Busted by the click of my heels

When I was a student, I lived in an apparent above a lady who worked at the college. One day I passed her in the parking lot and she said "You know that I can hear you walking around upstairs when you wear high heels?". I just went bright red and didn't say anything. She smiled knowingly and left my standing there all embarrased. Anyone else ever been busted by the click of their heels?

Yes, distinct sound that heels make is something to take in consideration when living in multi apartment building. If you don't want to get busted so quickly, you should wear wedges with wider heel. They make less noise.

Busted no but did anyone hear it maybe. I knew most apartments building doesn't have good sound insulation, so I usually tiptoe or put out a large and thick carpet to walk on.

Banned Read only
    No, but when I take an evening stroll I wear a pair of wedges I bought specifically because many high heels are noisy. The heels can be a head turner. The wedges I bought have a rubber sole which deadens the noise. Of course, some may encounter this same problem when they sequester themselves upstairs in a bedroom while wife and others are downstairs.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 08-12-2020 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling

A few years ago I was out enfemme and wearing stiletto heeled knee high boots and one of the heels had worn down so only the metal pin than holds the heel pad in place was left. I might as we walked around banging a hammer on the ground the noise the heel made. So say they could hear me coming was an understatement.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I'm careful for that reason when I'm the only one in the house but my neighbors are just outside my bedroom and other room windows which are open in the summer.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I love the sound of high heels and it?s one of the things that attracts me most towards them. That?s quite a means by which to be brought out of the closet though.

Not just heels, but many types of fem shoes.

I'd be red too. I'd have switched to ballet shoes.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by caitlyn louisa View Post
    ...she said "You know that I can hear you walking around upstairs when you wear high heels?"
    How did she know it wasn't a girlfriend of yours who was wearing the heels?

I think it was a bit sadistic of her to embarrass you like that.

"By the clicking of my heels,
    Something wicked this way steals..."
    Last edited by Marianne S; 08-02-2020 at 06:36 PM.

I love that sound always gets me excited.

The sound of heels on a hard floor is also picked up REALLY well by cell phones!

Silver Member
    I had boots on that I hadn't worn before. Walked into doctors office to pickup a copy of my tests. As I walked across the floor the tiles rang out because the tile was on a floating floor. I got a lot of looks. To top it off I had to bend down to sign for the tests and that gave the receptionist a clear view of my lace bra. She gave me that knowing look. Oh well.

YES! Wasn't pretty... You just can't hide the sound of heels on hardwood, even if you try to walk on just your tiptoes, the heal is too long it will tap! OMG LOL

When I am on my cell phone I make sure to take my heels off if I am going to walk anywhere in the house and I also take off my clip on earrings.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't consider a stranger, who doesn't know any of your friends, relatives, or work mates, finding out I dress means I'm "busted", Caitlyn.

If I did? Then, I've been busted by 1,000's of strangers over the years who've seen me dressed, including in high heels!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If she is a neighbour and works at the college (presumably where Caitlyn was a student) then it may be that she isn?t so much of a stranger or at least has direct contact with other?s who do know her more intimately.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by FairyCrossdresser; 08-03-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: More detail

Platinum Member
    Thats funny, but kinda neat.

I wasn?t exactly busted, because I was already out, but not too long ago I was speaking with a GG friend and she could hear my heels clicking over the cell phone.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, the sound of heals clicking on a tile floor..... I really love the sound, the feel..... The emotion......
    I have not been 'outed' by the clicking, instead used the distinctive noise to let my friends ask me what I was up to.
    What I was wearing, and then be honest..... Opened up to a few close friends. So far no one has been too upset over the news.
    Few friends look forward to the 'clicking' as conformation that I am doing well and enjoying life as best as I can....

Caitlyn, Too funny.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

A few times I?ve clearly been the only one home (especially when I lived alone) walking around in 4 inch heels then later wondered if my neighbour noticed...our apartments have pretty sound proof walls bland no one ever said anything but like you say the sound on wood does carry...

I sometimes wear a pair of low-heel booties around the house, and I work from home, of late.

We have quite a lot of impromptu meetings, so-to-speak, since my group does break fix, and I have to speak off and on, so mute is kind of inconvenient. One time I was pacing around my totally uncarpeted house while we waited for something, and it occurred to me that there was no sound at all to drown out my clicking. Naturally, I immediately ran to my chair and stayed there.

No one said anything, which doesn't mean 100% they didn't notice, but just knowing the personalities involved, I'm reasonably sure someone would have said something by now if they did.

So, yeah, I do stupid things like that, lol. 😀

Yeah, that's a total bust! Funny too!

Oh there's something about the click of high heels. There's no other sound like it.
    I'm just starting on this new journey. I'm still figuring things out. Who knows where it will lead?

I was reminded of this thread this morning as I was walking in the warehouse area of my office. I have a solo office environment as I am a consultant. Anyway, I was wearing some wedges I recently purchased, and they have a moderate click as I walk on the concrete floor in the warehouse. As I say, I was reminded of this thread, and also of my suit and tie days when I wore leather dress shoes (with leather soles) to work every day, which had a solid tap as I walked along. I recall back then how much I liked the sound of my male dress shoes sounding like the click of women's high heels. Just a passing thought that made me go Hmmmm.

Banned Read only
    Suzie,
    I had to smile at that comment , sometime ago I was all dressed up with heels when my wife rang to check something out , my kitchen floor had glazed tiles she could hear every footstep , I tried to cover it up by talking total rubbish !