Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best clothes

Best clothes

hello All,
    do you have "best clothes" that you only wear for special occasions?
    I have some" best clothes" that I am saving for a special occasion. It is a bit silly really because I crossdress in private so no one will see me wear them, apart from my wife. The special occasion never comes ...
    It is probably because when I grew up my family had the "best china" and "best table cloth" which rarely got used except when an aged aunt visited, and I had my "best shoes" that were never to be worn to school or when playing with my friends.
    Stay healthy,
    luv J

Pretty much all my clothes these days are Drag, so I don’t really have “best” clothes or “special occasion” clothes. I do have stuff that’s more elaborate or more expensive, but nothing like what you’re talking about.

Silver Member
    Yes, and I am saving the clothing for DLV, if it happens.

Yes, I have some "best things". Mostly a few dresses for special occasions and now that we have retired I don't see many of them in our future.
    I really have to go through my closet and donate some things to make room. Just hate tossing something that fits and is in perfect condition.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My urges tend to result in an either all or nothing outcome. Either I?m in man mode or it?s the works - mini skirt, heels makeup etc - there isn?t really an in between phase for me.

Banned Read only
    I have a couple nice dresses that I save for special occasions.

But I actually do wear them

I have a complete wardrobe of clothes now that I am full time living as a woman. Mostly Bermuda shorts and sun dresses for the summer all day, unless going out. Tights and jeans with some type of top, with a sweater and or coat for those cooler day during the winter. I have my going into San Francisco clothes for when I meet up with my friends for wine and dinner and after dinner wine and just having a great time. Those clothes are appropriate for the venues and how I want to look and are mostly dresses and skirt/top combinations with some type of coat or light jacket depending on he weather. Then I have some special occasion dresses that sparkle, fit very well to my figure, show a little cleavage and should be worn with heels, which I always have issues with. I also have some very nice leather dresses and skirts that I like to mix in occasionally when I am feeling that special vibe!!

I enjoy it all, have too much of everything and am having a hard time down sizing to a quantity more reasonable to my actual activities. I keep trying!

We used to call them "Sunday-go-to-meeting" clothes!(jokingly) I have some dresses and skirt and tops that are in that category! Mostly find me in jeans and a top! Hugs Lana Mae (I am full time-24/7!)
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sherry's "best clothes" fit into two categories:

Those that I look striking in and that fit and present well enuf, plus r fairly easy to move in out in public!

Those that r too fancy or too difficult to wear out in public. Even to T friendly, private affairs. Like this dress I could hardly walk in!

P1490036 (640x629).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Jacques,
    I had best clothes in male mode so I now have best clothes as a female , only common sense really . More to the point I found dressing for everyday more difficult than dressing to the nines for a night out .

Other than the special dress I save for things like the opera (whenever that happens again), I wear all my best clothes throughout the year. To me it is about looking nice every time I go out. I also use my good plates every day!

I have two unopened pairs of fully-fashioned stockings, which I had planned for K and I to wear to a stockings-themed event which was scheduled to take place in London some years ago, but was cancelled - never to be repeated - because the council suddenly decided to dump several extra and exorbitant charges on the organiser of the event.

Reality Check
    Like most of us (and most women) I have clothes that are dressier than others. Non for a "special occasion" though, because there won't likely be a special occasion, at least in the traditional sense.

A special occasion for me would be if my wife agreed to go out in public with me as Krisi. If that ever happened, I would be dressing to blend in so I wouldn't be wearing a ball gown and heels. More likely a blouse and jeans. And flats.
    Krisi

I have one dress I particularly love. I have had it for a long time and it is starting to show signs of wear. It is a dusty rose print in a crinkled rayon. I love the way I look in it and it feels so elegant to wear, I just can't give it up. So I limit myself to wearing it once a year. I choose a day when I don't have any chores, and can just enjoy being a dressed up lady. The day I wear it becomes a special event of its own.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Hi Jacques, I can only wish I had some "best clothes"! I am just lucky to get out of the closet, and then only to blend, unless it's a photo shoot in the back yard. LOL

I have the whole range, from things to slouch in at the end of the day, through things that I wear to work in the office (when it was open), to things that I wear to a family wedding, just as anyone would. It's just that in my case they're all female as I haven't had any male clothes for a long time now. To get back to your OP, yes it is lovely to get dressed up for a big do.

Jacques,

I don't have that special evening gown type dress but I do have items that I would wear if eating out somewhere or if I got the opportunity to go to the theatre. If I go out somewhere like the cinema then I have smarter clothes compared with what I'd wear for going shopping but wherever I go I always try to have a outfit that is put together, things that make and complement each other as opposed to grab anything type of approach.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    I have two evening gowns that I'll probably never wear, even at home. I only wear dresses. Some I would classify as "party" dresses as one or two have lace overlays. If my wife is like most women they seem to have clothes that are worn for special occasions; including undergarments to seduce lovers. As a kid I did have a black suit that I only wore to church. I think back to that time period and boys hated the Sunday best clothes. There was a little rebellious fashion trend back then. All the guys I knew wore either white socks or red socks with their suits. Crazy?

Not anymore. If I ever had any, they were already purged.

I generally dress as the spirit moves me. That said, it's much more common for me to put on activewear or something simple. Taking the time for a formal dress and fussing with hair/makeup/jewelry makes a special occasion in it itself!

Yes of course,

I have a few dresses and other things I only wear on special occasions, and when I'm looking for that ,"WOW" response.

Jacques, I have some clothes that I bought and I have not had an opportunity to wear, but not any "best clothes".
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Jacques the only special occasions i have is at home so i am with you on this one!

Platinum Member
    Hi Jacques , With three closets full I have something for any occasion >Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have a couple nicer dresses from thrift stores and have worn each once or twice around home. They won't see any special occasions, but I couldn't pass them up at thrift store prices. Really anything that needs to be dry cleaned I rarely wear because of cost of cleaning will probably be more than my purchase price.