Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All! Long time listener, first time caller...

Hi All! Long time listener, first time caller...

Hey Everyone!, I'm new here. Kinda nervous about posting but after reading so many of your wonderful posts, I decided to make an account and say hi.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure I belong here. But, here it goes!

I'm a pretty private person, I've got a great "normal" life, wife and a beautiful son. I've just recently, in the past year, truly embraced my feminine side, to occasionally CD when on business trips. I slowly accumulated some female clothing through a private box at the post office buying items from eBay.

I don't intend to ever come out nor tell my spouse about my occasional business outings and the reason I'm not sure if I belong is that I don't have the urge to make this a permanent change in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I love CD. I was terrified 3 months ago when I finally got the courage to go out in public, a whole nother story, but do know that I will never come "out." Does that make me a horrible person? IDK...

But, nonetheless, I wanted to say hi and that I'm truly inspired by so many of you and you are all beautiful in my eyes. Oh, and btw, I have never had a bad experience going out! So many were respectful and even complemented me on how I looked or my wig style.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on. Hi everyone!

Maybe someone would like to join me out shopping one day when I'm back in the Orlando FL area?

Kisses! 😁

Hi and welcome. Of course you belong here. This site isn’t for trans people only. I myself am a drag queen who dresses for fun and profit. Others just dress for “thrills”. This is a safe haven for dressers of all kinds.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of knowledge, experience, and advice here! I am 24/7 and "trans"! Relax when you are here and enjoy the journey! There are many here much like you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I am also, "not out", Sid. Altho, I've been dressing for 22+ years, have attended countless T friendly events around the country and probably have met 500 dressers over the years!

Yet, only my immediate family and the 100 or so people, T and vanilla, Sherry meets up with know what I do!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sydney,
    Welcome to the forum .

I'm sure most of us have said we only ......... and we won't go any further but it still happens , it's a powerful driving force which never really goes away , it tends to evolve , in that process we hope no one else is hurt or upset by the progression .

First off, I was you many years ago (I'm old).

Secondly, great title to this post! That is why I read it.

Thirdly, you will never shake this. Many have tried, most have failed.

Manage it, use this place to to normalize things and take every day one at time.

Me and many others are always here if you need us!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Kandi- You are amazing! I've followed your posts for a while now and greatly cherish your views and opinions. Such a beautiful personally. If your ever in the Orlando area, I'd never ghost you and if appropriate, would love to meet up to go shopping. You are one of the many here who inspired me to take the next step to become a member and share my experience. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Teresa- Thank you for the reply. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. 😁

Sherry- Thank you for making me feel ever so more comfortable and confident that I am I fact in the right place. 🥰

Thank you, Lana!

Teri- Always admired those who have the courage to perform in Drag. I remember the good ole days in Atlanta at a club called Backstreet with the amazing performers in the up stairs cabaret lounge. They were so much fun and great to hang out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Hi and welcome. Of course you belong here. This site isn?t for trans people only. I myself am a drag queen who dresses for fun and profit. Others just dress for ?thrills?. This is a safe haven for dressers of all kinds.
    Micki- ❤️❤️ Thank you! I've personally known many like you in the past and have always admired your bravery to perform and do it wonderfully. You are so beautiful. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Hi Sidney,

We have a bit in common since I mostly dress when on business trips, typically one evening on the end of a trip before heading back home. It is kind of tricky keeping it a secret as it is very easy to slip up and accidentally misplace something. I lost a false eyelash one time and searched frantically because I knew it would be hard to explain. Fortunately I found it.

Funny thing, I was actually in the Orlando area a month or two ago. Crazy me, I went shopping in a Lowe?s dressed as female only from neck down. People may have noticed but it was sure hard to tell as they were mostly going about their own business.

Anyhow welcome and have fun out there, it can be a blast. For me it is somewhat addicting.

Sandi

Of course you belong here, and welcome!

We have such a variety of crossdressers and all respect one another. (Usually). I am a MIAD, and since you've been around for a while you probably know what it means. If not: Search "Are you a MIAD?" for a beginning of that term.

As a Miad I do not emulate women, feel feminine, etc, I am a man who just likes to dress in dresses, skirts, lingerie, nylons but at all times I am and feel a man. I spend most of my times dressed and only wear trousers when going out.

In the beginning I thought that I do not belong here, either but then I discovered that there are several others. more or less like me and that we do belong here.

Get a few more posts here and after 10 you will be able to access the photo gallery and other sections not open to visitors.

Enjoy your stay with us.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Beech View Post
    Hi Sidney,

We have a bit in common since I mostly dress when on business trips, typically one evening on the end of a trip before heading back home. It is kind of tricky keeping it a secret as it is very easy to slip up and accidentally misplace something. I lost a false eyelash one time and searched frantically because I knew it would be hard to explain. Fortunately I found it.

Funny thing, I was actually in the Orlando area a month or two ago. Crazy me, I went shopping in a Lowe?s dressed as female only from neck down. People may have noticed but it was sure hard to tell as they were mostly going about their own business.

Anyhow welcome and have fun out there, it can be a blast. For me it is somewhat addicting.

Sandi
    It's so nice to know there are others like me! Thank you for sharing! If you're ever in the Orlando area again, please let me know. I really enjoy shopping dressed. I'd be fun to have someone to shop with!

Thank you GeorgeA! ��
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 08-05-2020 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Quoting the post right before yours is not needed. Please read the rules on quoting posts.

Sidney
    Welcome like all have said you are in the right place. Now not to bust your bubble but u
    You might as well plan on getting caught and coming out because someday it is going to happen I for one can guarantee that it will happen its just life. That being said crossdressing is not a crime you know that but a lot of people think that it is. Like I said welcome and enjoy your time here.

Sidney
    Welcome to this forum. If you are here you certainly belong. Hope you find the fine folks here are truly great people who will actually tell you their opinion and the truth. Have fun and stay safe.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Hi Sidney,
    Welcome to the forum! We have a great group of people here, and you belong here too.
    I also take business trips, and pack two bags... Please don't underestimate the observational powers of your wife, they have a way. A little bit of left over eye makeup, or a press on nail that falls off.
    Welcome, and I hope you stay!
    Brenda

Welcome Sidney. I too confine much of my enfemme time to business trips as my wife doesn't care for it at all. Enjoy the journey. As others have stated you never know where it may take you.

Platinum Member
    Welcome to the forum. I also packed fem stuff when I went on a business trip. Those trips allowed me many hours to be en femme after work and sleep en femme through the night. I do agree with Leona (#11) and Brenda (#13) there will come a time when your wife catches on to your dressing. It may be you failed to remove a trace of makeup or fail to hide away a small garment. Or a long strand of hair from a wig. Something. This may be very perilous if this occurs after a business trip. "Who's the other woman?" she may ask. Better have something worked out to explain this aspect of your persona.

Quote Originally Posted by SidneytheScorpio View Post
    Kandi- You are amazing! I've followed your posts for a while now and greatly cherish your views and opinions. Such a beautiful personally. If your ever in the Orlando area, I'd never ghost you and if appropriate, would love to meet up to go shopping. You are one of the many here who inspired me to take the next step to become a member and share my experience. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
    Sid, since you are new here and do not yet have Visitor Message capability, I have to respond here. This may have been the single best thing anyone has said to me (as Kandi)! Maybe someday I will visit the bubble (I am sure you get the joke) and we'll tear up the town! Now let me go and wipe my eyes, my mascara is running.......
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Read only
    Hi Sidney, and welcome! I'm surprised you never posted before. You have courage! The courage to go out in public dressed, which I've rarely done. I tip my hat to you! (Or my wig, if you prefer.) Yet you were too nervous to post here, where we are your friends? Of course you belong! Oh well, congratulations, and welcome anyway!

My daughter is a Scorpio. So was my father. But he didn't crossdress, except for one time in a competition. Not as far as I know, that's to say!

You can get away with a name like "Sidney" these days. It used to be exclusively a male name, but females seem to have appropriated it in recent decades. That's if you choose to keep it. There's a teenage Sydney (with a "Y," as in "New South Wales") living down the road from me. She recently joined the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaPDX View Post
    I also take business trips, and pack two bags...
    I like the way you said that, Brenda! That was me too, in the days before I retired.

I'm happy to be reminded of Sydney. The town, I mean. I've been there twice in my life. Once when I was nine, once when I was 43. Both times were memorable. The first time, my parents took me for a haircut. It was some time in the afternoon. The barber clipping my hair looked at his watch, said "Blimey, time for the races! Finish him off, Bill!" to the other guy working there. And headed out the door. Never seen anything like it. That was a laugh in my family for years afterward.

The second time, I naturally took the trouble to visit the famous Sydney Opera House. Mind you, I never saw an opera there. But they did have monitor screens in the foyer, where anyone caring to step inside could see part of a performance. However, I did see an opera in Sydney. It was a performance of Verdi's "Aida," held outdoors in--would you believe?--the Sydney football ground! They needed space for a grand spectacle like this, complete with a parade of live animals, including elephants, the whole nine yards. Afterwards, I liked to tell people I saw an opera at the Sydney football grounds. Next time, I'm going to the Sydney Opera House to watch a football game!
    Last edited by Marianne S; 08-04-2020 at 07:29 PM.

If you're a regular reader at Kandi's blog then (I hope) you've read my posts there too.

I was a long time lurker too, then finally worked up the courage to post here and post pictures.

Then the courage to get out and now I do it regularly, and write about it. Like you, I've never had a bad experience either.

So if you get encouragement from being here, then you are like a lot of others like me.

As to Sydney, I lived there for four years. There are certainly a lot of worse places to live.

"I'm not sure I belong here" OF COURSE YOU DO!!! why not? here you will find friends and loads of help and answers to all you need to know. There is so much to enjoy and experience amongst us.
    If you read some of my posts you will see the fun I have had whilst dressesd!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Hello Sidney and welcome,

Wow, what an incredible first time post. I'm amazed that you've reached the point of going out in public totally on your own. It wasn't until after I'd joined this forum that I plucked up the courage. And I've only got a bit comfortable with it since I've been doing it, shall we say, properly, i.e. wig, jewelry, handbag, decent makeup and so on. And I can't imagine doing that whilst trying to hide the whole thing from my partner.

As for not telling your wife, I don't blame you one bit. In my opinion, a woman has to be wise enough to understand that she can't, and doesn't need to, understand everything about her husband. Most wives need only look at the lives their husbands allow them to lead to understand how important they are. But they don't all. My own children's mother, for example, went berserk when I tried discussing my new found fetish with her: she somehow discovered I'd ordered a first frock from Amazon and moved out the following day, taking the children and much of the furniture with her. I was at work. The dress hadn't even arrived. She has the house as well now and I haven't seen my two beautiful children since 2008. So, yes, be very careful. If you can get your fix remotely, probably it's the safer course of action. That said, joint shopping trips with my partner are one of my all time greatest pleasures. Only yesterday, we bought his and hers identical wraparound dresses in the sale. I can't wait to give mine a run out. I can also shave my legs and arms without problems and I can talk about it if I wish. To have been allowed to do that in the context of a family, which you might be able to achieve if you're lucky, would have been for me heaven. So the benefits of having an accepting wife are enormous. The fly in the ointment is the collosal danger associated with trying to achieve it.

I wish you all the luck in the world Sidney, whatever you try and do. And I'd love to hear how your first outings went.
    Last edited by MiniRock; 08-05-2020 at 02:54 AM.

Sidney, welcome to the forum. Of course you belong here. I have been here for almost a decade and have always felt welcome.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

A very warm welcome and as everyone say you belong here like us all.

Congratulations on you first step by posting on this forum. X x x

Welcome to the forum.
    This is a great place full of advice and people who will listen.
    Theres nothing to fear from joining in, you dont have to post pics if you dont want to.
    Youve done the first step, well done.

Hi Sidney,
    This is a great p, safe place to explore as pretty much all of us here have used it for at some point. Not everyone stays. I?ve been here 8 or 9 years. If you ask for advice here, someone will give it( sometimes even if you don?t ask) . We?re all different, but chances are someone here has experienced what you are/ have/ will. Take things with a grain of salt, or less. Enjoy the forum.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Have fun enjoy the experience. I to see no reason to transition and gofull time. MY reason is it would take the fun out of it. It would become the standard way of dressing Get up bush my teeth drag a c0omb across my head (wig). Put on my pants (dress) and off to the factory. No fun I want fancy dresses and to look special. Anyway have fun enjoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee