Thread: Funny thing happened at my Doctor appointment

Talking Funny thing happened at my Doctor appointment

I was at my Oncologist appointment today (Everything is ok with very little chance of the cancer coming back.) anyways i was talking to my Doctors nurse before he came in. After a brief discussion we had about long term effects of chemo he asked have you showed my nurse your Halloween costume? I said no but I can, I had a appointment one year and it fell on Halloween and i said Fudge it im going to show up dressed up. So i crossdressed with my red dress thigh high boots etc everyone in the office loved it. I took my chemo and seen the Doctor after I was asked why I was dressed like a hooker for Halloween. I said im fighting and winning a cancer battle that intitles me for the rest of my life to do what ever the hell I want. My DR was telling the nurse the story of what I did I showed her and the staff the pictures and they all said I looked good and I had legs for the boots. When my appointment was over my Dr said you need to dress up again and come back. I said I might do that I do have a supergirl outfit one of the nurses said with thoes legs you need a wonder woman outfit.
    Now when I got home i told my mother how the appointment went and about the reaction to my picture about the request. Her first question was. Are they making fun of you? I said no they wasn't. Mom was fine with the answer she then said you can be Little red riding hood. and went to her closet and gave me a red cape with a hood. Handed me a pair of bright red high heels,jewlry and hair clips and said I can find you a red dress, fishnets, hose, and a wig. She said you can pint your nail but we need to get you some long fake eye lashes and I will do your make up. She gave me a pair of trouser socks to wear with the heel and said practice walking in these 1 hour every night and you will be good by Halloween.
    I think she knows about me and being super supportive
    Few details I was 19 and diagnosed with stage 4 leukemia
    Attachment 314704
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Cute outfit. But, I think your mom has the rite idea. Women don't dress up as women on Halloween. They wear women's costumes! Which is what most experienced crossdressers do, too!

I'm so glad to hear that u r cancer free now, Brandie!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 08-06-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You are my heroine - great attitude toward your cancer

Brandie, I went through prostate cancer treatment last year. I think you are quite a bit younger than me sitting at 75, but I know exactly what you mean by your attitude toward having cancer as well as the post cancer treatment life. Couldn't agree more. And very happy that the chance of return of the cancer is so low.

Sexy outfit for sure, but not very age appropriate for me. Works well on you "kids." We are all different.

Brandie, I'm glad your doctor was so accepting. Also, nice of your mom to give you some things.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hi Brandie, I love your story, especially your come back "im fighting and winning a cancer battle that intitles me for the rest of my life to do what ever the hell I want." Good for you, and you are right! You have a great doctor, nursing staff, and especially your mom. I am very happy for you! Only one question, why in earth would you put your heal on the fender of that wonderful car? LOL I know, because you are intitled. Good for you! Stay strong and stay healthy.

BrendaPDX
    why in earth would you put your heal on the fender of that wonderful car?
    I built the car so if I scrach it I can repair it lol.

What a great story! Thank you for sharing! Love the outfit and car!

Silver Member
    Wonderful results, dress and cancer. You mom does KNOW. Relish it, and give her a Gold medal!

Banned Read only
    So nice to hear a positive story - I was also diagnosed with leukaemia at 19. I'm 31 now and touch wood feeling fine.

CharlotteCD
    Congratulations fellow survivor remember
    You won a serious cancer battle that entitles you for the rest of your life to do what ever the hell you want.

Congratulations on winning your fight against cancer. That's wonderful news. I love the reaction from everyone to your dressing up. Especially your mother.