Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start To Finish, How Long?

Start To Finish, How Long?

Pardon me if this has been brought up previously, and feel free to delete, if warranted.

I'm fairly certain I'm on the longish side, so I will ask this: From full man-mode to full girl-mode, how long does it take you?

I need about 2.5 hours, roughly, maybe longer, if I'm doing something complex with my eyes. This is to:

1. Shave (face)
    2. Shower (and shave everything else)
    3. Dry
    4. Makeup (understand, I have a whole lotta ugly to deal with, so this takes awhile)
    5. Shapewear
    6. Actual clothing

I get the impression from reading what others here and elsewhere have said that I'm monsterously slow. Or something. So, just seeing if my feeling is correct.

Again, apols if I'm outside the lines.
    Last edited by Val_Blackbird; 08-06-2020 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Typo

If your including showering and shaving, it’s about 2-2 1/2 hours for me as well if I’m trying to get it done. If I’m taking my time it can push to 3+ hours. BUT here’s the caveat: I do drag so I have a lot of detailing to do: elaborate makeup, wig, jewelry, sometimes stoning my face, etc. on the flip side I have a friend I’ve seen go from zero to full, performance ready drag, in 20 minutes.

Well I don't do makeup and such, so 10 minutes is more than enough usually including shower (though the shower and getting dressed may be hours apart so my hair can dry). A couple times I have taken a half hour (usually doing something fancier with my hair).

Aspiring Member
    Not including a shower, from shave to full makeup, fully dressed and ready to go out 20-25 minutes.
    Sara

Including shower and padding placement and makeup around 2 hrs.
    Amanda

Platinum Member
    Not outside the lines. I?d guess that going for a daytime look, I put in no more than 40 minutes from 1-6. If I really went for the max, maybe an hour and 1/2, nighttime.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Depends on where I'm going, and what I'm doing. I do different looks for different activities. I try to look presentable at all times, but I'll look different. For a day of shopping vs going to the grocery store or salon.

On my days out. It probably takes me a hour and a half.
    20 minutes for showering and shaving. I get my legs and underarms waxed regularly now. Soon to start laser hair removal. So that will take out 10 minutes.
    20 minutes or so to dry my hair, and my self.
    45 minutes for looking good makeup.
    10 to get dressed.

Now for errand days.
    Same as above, but I dont dry my hair. I might only spend 20 minutes on my makeup also.

If going out for the day so badic makeup then an hour or so.

I've learned to be able to replicate a look. Okay the eye shadow colours might change as with the lippy but basically it's a production line.

If going out somewhere for the evening then a little longer as I may put on false eyelashes and spend longer on the eyes.

I'm like Asew, I just wash and go.

Far to long X x x

Hi Val

I usually allow for roughly 2 hours. If I am going to be doing my nails, I also have to add even more time so they can dry properly. I mostly go to clubs so my makeup is probably over done but it is a lot of fun. Well I did that pre covid. I have not been to a club since Feb 1. I try to get dressed at 7 PM. Ready by 9, and back to my hotel by 3.

Sandi

Reality Check
    For me, it depends on if I'm going out or staying home. I shower in the evening so I don't shower again. All I have to do is shave my face, apply beard cover and lipstick, put on the bra and boobs, the hip pads and the wig. Then it's clothes and jewelry. Twenty minutes pretty well covers it.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    2.5 hours is about right. If I follow the same path as you, it takes me 2 - 2.5 hours as well.

Make up alone takes 30 - 40 min, and that is if I don't contour. This one part I don't understand, the dressing part takes a good 40 min at least. Maybe I dress slow.

Banned Read only
    Val,
    My routine is full shower and shave every morning which usually takes about twenty minutes . If I'm just walking the dog my makeup consists of light eye colour, foundation , touch of mascara and eyeline with a little colour applied to my lips with a lip pencil which takes no more than ten minutes . If I'm heading out for the day I'll finish with a foundation powder and some blusher . Dressing only takes ten minutes unless it's a night out .

As I do it everyday it can't take hours , I wouldn't get all my chores done .

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    If I have chosen what I am going to wear beforehand I usually can come in under an hour. That includes shower and shave since you included that. Since I am mostly hair free that is a time saver. Also, I have been doing this for a long time and I have a routine that has become second nature and I move along without spending too much time thinking about what to do next.

That's about right for me too. I usually get caught up in trying on several outfits or different tops which slows me down quite a bit. But I love trying on outfits and prancing in front of the mirror with my sexy walk. LoL.

Same for me. 2.5-3 hours. The hard part is the struggle between being impatient and wanting to be done up and pretty, and also luxuriating in the process: skin care regimen and the lotions (which I rarely if ever do otherwise), playing with my nails, trying a million outfits, playing with make up etc. I have definitely taken up to 6 or so hours just enjoying the transformation!

Hi.
    It also takes me approximately 2h30 to get ready.
    I don't care, I really enjoy the transformation process and take my time to do my makeup and nails the best I can.
    I usually plan ahead my crossdressing times and so know I will have all day for myself.
    Don't try to go faster, just enjoy your time.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

To transform to full-femme, going out mode takes me at least four hours and sometimes five. That doesn't include fingernail polishing and wig prep (clean, brush, style) which could easily add another hour or more. Good news is I really enjoy the getting ready process.

Thanks, all.

Clearly, I am on the longer end of things, but it seems not completely out of the ballpark. So, that's something, I suppose.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have an added step, Val. I wear prosthesis! However, I can put my "face" on in seconds!

Without a shower? 30 minutes, max!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by josie_S View Post
    The hard part is the struggle between being impatient and wanting to be done up and pretty, and also luxuriating in the process
    I feel this bit applies to me. sometimes i just cant wait.

So its 45 min or so just for make up, clothes dont take long, plus shaving, probably about an hour and a quarter. Ish.

When I worked now retired, I could shower, shave, brush my teeth, dress, makeup, make lunch for work, then drive to work and sign on all in 40minutes.
    I cannot understand why putting makeup on should take any longer than 10minutes, you are only painting your face not painting a Picasso.
    Sophie Mosley

If I'm lucky, 2 hours. On days I know I'm going to dress I'll shave my legs the night before and arms and chest in the shower before I start makeup.

Silver Member
    Val, take as much time as you need. Who cares? Enjoy the entire process of becoming that attractive woman.