I work as a machinist, a dirty hands job which makes wearing a dress at work totally impractical. So when I feel the need to be dressed, it has to be at the end of the work day. I bring my dress or skirt outfit with shoes in with me, packed in a gym bag. When work is finished, I change and head for my car. In the past, I did this discreetly by parking my car by the exit nearest my shop, then slipping out quietly. I told myself I wasn't exactly hiding, I was just not advertising, but maybe I was actually nervous about the reaction I would receive if I was seen. One or two coworkers did see me but said nothing.

My approach changed recently, thanks to COVID. I was laid off for 3 months, then brought back to work when they reopened. Now,, at the end of the day, I change and stroll down the long hallway to the regular parking lot. I decided whoever sees me, sees me.

Well, they see me, and there have been ZERO COMMENTS, either pro or con. Actually, once, while putting on my shoes, a woman from my group commented that she couldn't handle walking in my shoes ( they were 2 1/2 inch wedges). Everyone else, absolutely NOTHING is said. Its like everybody wears a skirt to work, including the biggest guy in the place (me).

I say, thats exactly how it should be, Not A Big Deal. What say you?