Thread: Visit to stylist

Aspiring Member

Visit to stylist

I have written before about getting your colours and style done. It is the best money I have ever spent. It was an enjoyable experience and has saved me a fortune - plus I feel lot more confident when I go out dressed. A GG friend decided to get hers done and she invited me along with her to the stylist who had done me. I thought about wearing black for devilment but chickened out and wore my 'wow' autumn colours and this met with approval - olive dress, coral handbag and scarf, brown courts, and teal jewellery. I got my friend's colour season wrong but was spot on with her clothing personality. It turned out she was a winter which delighted her as she can wear black. You can learn a lot even from advice to someone with a completely different clothing season and personality. It was the first time I had been out dressed since March 15 and knowing I had on a wonderfully appropriate outfit gave me total confidence despite the long time since the last venture out. I have written about his before and wonder if I am the only crossdresser on this site to have done this. The first consultation I had (with the same organisation) was in London and I was only their third crossdresser - this one has not done any others. Highly recommended. It gives you a huge confidence boost to know that your outfit is absolutely right when you go out in public.

I have thought I had a light brown hair, but according to my stylist. she would consider it auburn Shes waiting to play with it. I don't know if I want to do what shes wants to do yet. She wants to put caramel or hazelnut highlights in it. While I kinda want to go more natural shades of red and brown.

Susan, this is something that I would like to do, but don't know where to go. Your post indicates an organisation in various locations around the UK, so if you can please a name, I can then find my nearest. Thanks in advance.

I remember "having colors done" was a big thing about 20 years ago. Some stores even separated the clothes into "seasons" for a short time. I believe it kind of backfired when stores founds that people would only look at the colors in "their season" and ignore the other clothes. I haven't seen anything about "color seasons" in many years.

I do think specific colors work for everyone so it's good to know what colors and styles look good on you.

(I remember that I was a "winter".)

Banned Read only
    Susan,
    I feel the important point is prepare yourself for the seasons , check out what is on the racks for the coming season and then try them on , I've bought clothes in some colours and styles that I thought I'd never choose .

I try and think of it from a GGs point of view what they are wearing and how they wear it , some do make mistakes and some get it right but I'd say very few of them visit a stylist , does your wife ?

What still amazes me is how well you can put outfits together from charity shops and better still how much it cost .

Aspiring Member
    The thing is to take this as guidance. I feel I look fabulous in emerald green but it is not one of my season's colours. I am an autumn and the only season that supposedly suits black is winter, but many non-winters persist in wearing black, including me (in fact I have on a black dress and black sheer tights right now). The consultancy has a lot of corporate clients and also women who have lost confidence for various reasons. They also have a number of closed groups on Facebook. Because it is closed and has a fairly small membership. I posted a pic of the outfit I wore for my visit and got 72 likes and loves in 12 hours with lots of lovely positive feedback. They know I am male and make me very welcome and the comments are all the more appreciated because they come from others who have had their style done or even from the consultants. I am not married and am not currently in a relationship - if I was I probably would not have spent the day with another woman doing something that is quite intimate. I am also regularly surprised when I go out by what women will discuss in front of a man presenting as a woman. Going back to Facebook, I think I am the only man in their groups - they do consultancy for men and I was so impressed with the female one I also did the male one. They allow men to join the groups but make it clear the groups are for discussion of what are normally regarded as women's clothes and presentation. Yes - Colour Me Beautiful was a big thing a few years ago. The organisation I went with is in a different league and those who had also done CMB were not impressed with it.