Good sense of humour, SaraLin
    Ah, but who says I'm joking?

Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    Ah, but who says I'm joking?
    Laughing at oneself is not easy but very good for the mental health

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_94 View Post
    121 points.

By the way, why is the word "assigned" thrown so much? Since when are we talking about homework or a project?
    I agree. we aren't "assigned" a gender, we are a gender.

I got a 123. A pretty stupid test.
    Krisi

As I understand it, "assigned" refers to the process of a physician looking between the legs of a newborn and seeing what is there and then declaring what they are. This is then followed by placing a pink or blue woven beanie on the babies head so everybody knows what they are because you sure can't tell any other way. So, it is really sex and not gender. But in Western Society where the gender binary concept is accepted as if it is scripture (it isn't) that designation determines what clothes you wear, what toys you receive, and how you are treated as growth begins. Therein lies the problem. Your genitals determine who will become. So "assigned" becomes the first step in a kind of indoctrination to develop in a certain way that is determined by your sex and not your behavior.

Unfortunately, who you will become does not become evident until you are 2 to 3 years old when children are mature enough to understand gender and develop according to the fundamental outline established by genetics and limited experience. In other words, prior to that age children don't actually have a gender identity. So, even though most develop "normally," not all do and that starts the process of forcing the child to behave according to gender-sex expectations.

In a few societies around the world where gender is not linked to sex, a child's gender is not designated until they show signs of what they are which usually occurs between 3 and 5 years old. In some traditional Native American cultures you are not given a name until it is certain what you will be in terms of behavior. Seems a lot more sensible to me because gender is not binary but is a spectrum or mosaic or some such entity that appears later. Let the kid show us who they are before determining what they are instead of deciding for them long before their gender has even developed.

I scored 90 so guess I am what I am.....X x x

Having looked through the posts on the thread and bearing all the possible caveats in mind, I think that on balace, in terms of generalities and averages, this test has got it about right. There may be individual outliers and people where the score assigned is not correct, but, when you look at this site as a whole the majority here, as shown by the scores on this thread and the nature of posts on the site, are people who crossdress for whatever reason that is. The actual number of people here with mild and even stronger gender dysphoria is much smaller. This test has shown that to be the case. I would say harmless fun in this case. That is as long as you didn't give them your email address and you don't follow up on it. Always seek independent advice and don't rely on something which may, just may have been set up by two men called Ivan and Josef who have set themselves up in a Moscow garage.

It says that my score is 76 which is interesting but the questions are not targeted to the individual as has been pointed out. This will be a nice conversation starter for my next therapy appointment but I agree that a big grain of salt is in order.

I think it's a reasonable test. I scored a 125.

First, the scoring. There are 27 questions with five different answers. Each answer is assigned a score from one to five, so the possible range of scores is 27 (all ones) to 135 (all fives). The lower the number assigned, the higher the scoring for gender dsyphoria.The "average" score is therefore 81, which is why 80 would be the "cutoff", so to speak.

I doubt anyone on this forum taking this test would score a 135, because if you did, you wouldn't be on an internet board called crossdressers.com.

Second, in the US at least, you are assigned a sex at birth and your gender, right or wrong, is assumed to be the same as your assigned sex. Making a big issue about the wording about your gender assigned at birth, when that is the common terminology, is silly.

I would think that the majority of the members on this board are of the older demographics, so most of us have been dealing with/thinking about these issues for 30, 40, or more years, and by now have a pretty good idea of where we fall on the transgender spectrum. I would expect the score would confirm our prior thoughts, and would be extremely surprised if someone had a score that was inconsistent with their own self-assessment.

I scored a 113, FWIW
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

As a bit of fun its fine

Please consider the test may have been designed to get you to pay for counseling.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    Shelly,
    Yes , so right I've now had three Emails for online therapy from the US .

This test is fine for screening, much like the antigen covid test. If you're on either end of the scoring you're good to go. If you're in the middle things are more complicated.

I scored 123, so completely comfortable in my own skin, and grateful for that. Hugs, Michelle

Aspiring Member
    125 for me. Have honestly never felt like a woman or had the desire to be one.. Just sometimes like dressing up and looking like a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMe,Rhonda View Post
    if anyone is seriously questioning if they are trans, there is a site that will answer that question...

Am I trans?
    Well played! Awesome.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

A 93. Despite the test talking about non-binary, so many of the questions were based on birth gender and opposite gender and not very good for anyone who has issues with both genders.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMe,Rhonda View Post
    if anyone is seriously questioning if they are trans, there is a site that will answer that question...

Am I trans?
    LOL love the link Rhonda

fwiw an 83 so borderline. no question age, conditioning and life history have a material impact. if i was 20 years younger i would no doubt score lower on the spectrum.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Banned Read only
    Thank you for posting this test, Confucius. I found it most interesting and useful. I'm sure it's accurate for me. Due to differences in interpreting the questions I tried it twice. The first time I got 118, the second time I got 111. This small difference is insignificant. I have some comments on the quiz itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Be careful with online assessments, as it is very easy to answer the questions to get the results you want, but not necessarily the truth.
    Point taken, but it still has value as a rough screening test, preliminary to further investigation with a counselor if necessary. If people don't try to answer the questions honestly, that's their own problem. And if anyone is repressing their gender dysphoria altogether they're not going to get a true result--but then nobody, not even an expert, is going to get a true result out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    The other half of the story is putting your personal information in the public domain. [...] I won't go near them for privacy reasons.
    I don't blame you, but I don't see that as a big issue here. What really ticks me off is when I try some online test and it's not until I get to the end that they demand my e-mail address to report the results. To hell with that! I won't give it to them, so I've wasted my time doing the test. At least with this gender dysphoria test the e-mail address is an option we can decline, and they report the results anyway, so it's anonymous enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    Please consider the test may have been designed to get you to pay for counseling.
    I'm sure that's true! But at least they made that an option, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    ...the questions are too broad to give an accurate assessment perhaps they should grade them numerically , I struggled with the NB question , nothing really fitted .

My score was 58 , no big deal I'm totally happy living full time , which keeps my dysphjoria in balance .
    This number seems in the right ballpark for you anyway, Teresa. I agree that some questions can be interpreted in different ways, so there's bound to be some arbitrary variation in results. That "non-binary or genderqueer" question was an example. I answered a flat "never" to that question. That's partly because "genderqueer" means I don't fit either sex, which is not true for me. But it's also because I associate the term "non-binary" with some people who would like to do away with the concept of gender altogether!--which is pure wishful thinking and denial of reality. There are two sexes, and they come right out of Nature! Who can argue with Nature? But that doesn't mean we can't be "somewhere in between"--though for myself I prefer to think of it as "switching" between the two. Would I say Yes to being "gender fluid" instead? Maybe, but even that seems too "sloshy" a term. I think more often--not entirely, just more often--in terms of being one sex or the other at any given time. In "digital" rather than "analogue" fashion, if that makes any sense to anyone. But I realize other people might interpret the question differently.

On the other hand, when asked if I'd ever "had a feeling of not sharing much in common with either gender," I was happy enough to answer "Occasionally," even if that's not strictly accurate. There has never been a time when I felt I "didn't belong anywhere," since I always felt happy identifying as male. The only thing is that I don't identify with some traits that men in general are stereotypically (though unfairly) accused of, such as being "dominant," "insensitive," "unemotional" and the rest of that junk. Nor am I heavily into sports, in the same way a great many men genuinely are. So what? I'm a "nerd" and not a "jock." (I hope the high-school cultural implications of those American terms are familiar to you on the other side of the Atlantic!) Still, I identify freely with all kinds of supposedly "masculine" pursuits, from mechanics to hunting to being a husband and father (as Confucius mentioned). So I answered "Occasionally" to that question as a concession to the times I don't see myself quite as "masculine" in certain ways as the "average" man.

What's the bottom line here? It's "Don't sweat the answers!" Just answer to the best of your ability--the way you "feel," if you like--and don't worry if it's "wrong" or "right"! If the quiz is any good at all, it will all come out in the wash, and you'll get a "good enough" result. As I suspect you did. Good luck to you!

91. I wouldn?t consider myself to be dysphoric. For me, I don?t feel like I was trapped or born into the wrong body and I really don?t struggle with my male identity during daily activities. However, I have an intense wish that I could be a woman instead. So I guess I?m half dysphoric - I see myself as a male, I just don?t want to be one all the time. I wish I could flip a switch and be either.

It is def more complicated, than some ambiguous 20 questions of Q/A, I scored....84 FYSA
    Last edited by mbmeen12; 08-15-2020 at 03:07 AM. Reason: typo

130. Not surprised at all, given my signature.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

I scored 64 then a popup screen came up. I want to be a woman now!

I tried to answer the questions as accurately as I could and I scored 75 and I think that pretty much sums me up.

I would love to be able to change my gender - or at the very least present as female - but I doubt that will ever happen.
    Sasha

Thanks for the link ,,,it was very helpful ,,,,
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

85, on the cusp.Dress whenever opportune, considered BA and FFS but wold not suit my supportive wife. Too long in the tooth.

80 but not sure if I answered the questions to get that result or not. As usual ‘It’s complicated’.