Thread: Scent of a woman

Scent of a woman

Maybe it is all in my imagination but I sense the distinct difference in the way I smell when I?m dressed. I never really notice my scent or odor when in male mode, but when dressed I exude a more sweet unusual aroma. I dismissed the perfume angle as the last time I dressed it was in female workout attire - yoga pants and cute feminine tshirt with all the requisite female undergarments. Maybe it?s the way female clothing fabrics react to my skin or sweat. I don?t know. Anyone have any similar experiences or thoughts on the topic?

Reality Check
    Unless you're wearing perfume or a different anti-perspirant in girl mode, you can't possibly smell different. Unless it's a smell in your clothes, possibly from wearing perfume in the past.

Could you be smelling your makeup?
    Krisi

Well I did not have makeup on but I may have used female deodorant while wearing that outfit in the past. That could be it. I think smelling feminine is so important to feeling feminine. Possibly a highly underrated consideration : )

It’s not a chemical reaction to your clothes lol. It’s all made from the exact same fabric as men’s clothes. There aren’t men’s and women’s fabrics.

I was thinking about the spandex fabric specifically. I don?t believe I own any men?s attire with spandex but a lot of women?s wear is spandex

Banned Read only
    Maybe you should do some laundry... :P

Honestly I have noticed that certain fabric seems to hold odors or possibly has its own scent. Like heavy double knit nylon, not the light stuff slips are made of, but the heavy stuff shirts are made from always seems have a certain smell to it.

And it's not necessarily a pleasant smell either...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't wear perfumes or colognes. Too strong!

But, I quit enjoy the perfume smell of my second hand women's clothing!

That being said, I only buy pieces that look new or unworn!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Mtempel,
    I have to agree with other comments we can't smell different although I've never read if hormones can make a difference , I would guess they do .

I recall sometime ago Pamela ( not such a regular anymore ) mentioned she sweated far less after losing all her body hair because of that she didn't smell so masculine , I can vouch for that , no hair for bacteria to collect .

I wear female deodorant all the time now and usually a lightly scented perfume , so obvioulsy I do smell like a woman .

Some materials have distintive smells , voile is one example also it's not a material men normally wear so your thoughts are partially true and bras are very distinctive or they were .

Banned Read only
    Actually I have heard from other transwomen that their body oder did change after being on HRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtempel View Post
    I was thinking about the spandex fabric specifically. I don?t believe I own any men?s attire with spandex but a lot of women?s wear is spandex
    Nope. Otherwise you’d be getting the same smell from the elastic in your underwear.

I do not wear men?s underwear : P
    Last edited by Mtempel; 08-12-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Platinum Member
    A case of wishful thinking. I'll have to consult my dog to see if he can tell the difference between men and women in the wild.

I don?t notice any difference between times I?m dressed or not. However, I, too wear feminine deodorant and a spritz of light perfume every day. When I do a load of wash, I use lingerie soap and softener sheets. I love the smell of newly washed items. Sometimes, I?ll put a spritz of perfume on my bra.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtempel View Post
    I do not wear men?s underwear : P
    This has nothing to do with anything. It’s estimated that 80% of clothes sold in the United States contain some about of spandex. The vast majority of elastic uses spandex these days instead of rubber. It doesn’t matter if it’s men’s, women’s, or kids. IT IS NOT A CHEMICAL REACTION WITH YOUR CLOTHES.

Textiles pick up odors easily so it’s possible your girl clothes picked up a scent somewhere, or it’s just psychosomatic.

I can not see how clothing would cause your body to give off a different odor, but I will say this. I have used perfume and put a lot of clothing into a suitcase together such that the item with perfume on it mingled into the other items and remained for a very long time at low levels. I am very sensitive to the smell of perfume so even a tiny amount is detectable by me. Fortunately my wife?s nose is nowhere near as good as mine. : )

Sandi

Aspiring Member
    I have occasionally bought pre-owned clothes from ebay that are "new with tags", but when they arrive have a distinct perfume to them. I put this down to any of:
    1) picking up perfume sprayed in the room
    2) being kept in a drawer containing scented drawer liners
    3) picking up perfume when the owner tried them on.
    Other items I've bought that are "new without tags" have been freshly laundered before posting, so still have the scent of the detergent or fabric softener on them.

So I have experienced a more feminine scent when dressed, but I doubt that it's from me so much as the clothes.

Banned Read only
    HollyGreene,
    I've noticed that far more with items from charity shops .

I must admit I feel slightly guilty if I've smeared makeup on an item while trying it on , some SAs don't appear to notice or care .

Hi all,
    Yes, I?ve had a few experiences with this:

First, some years ago, I was dragged on a shopping trip with my now ex-wife, we were most definitely in a DADT relationship for some years before parting company.
    While we were aimlessly wandering around Debenhams, looking for clothes for her, I started paying attention and spotted a dress or 2 that I liked. She kicked off bigtime when she noticed, ?you?ve got that smell about you! I can always tell!??
    All I could say was, take a crossdresser into a dress shop? What did you expect!?

My partner now is much more accomodating towards Susan so no problems now I?m happy to say but she always notices I have a different smell about me when I?m dresssed, or sometimes even when I?m thinking about it? We kinda wonder if its some pheromone thing I give off? It only and always happens when I?m dressed.

A few years ago, T, my partner, came home with a rescue cat, Maddie, she?d had a terrible time previously and was terrified of men, she wouldnt come anywhere near me in male mode, but curiously, she was perfectly happy to sit on my lap when I dressed? Even without wig/make-up? Again, we think it was my different smell/scent? Sadly, she got run over.

So I buy into this theory? Been wondering if anyone else gets this?

Ttfn & Mwah!
    Susan

Wow Susan
    You?ve really nailed what I?ve suspected. I think there is a pheromonal change when we dress. It?s funny because my cat react in the exact opposite way. They are over me when in male mode but get skittish or standoffish when I dress. I think it has to be a real primal reaction. Thanks so much for sharing 😁

,,, I feel in a different scent when I'm crossdressing and I force using women perfume in order to feel this scent .such an extacy to smell the lovely women perfume as a natural scent in the exchange .
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Spandex tends to hold onto smells longer (such as perfume), apart from having its own scent. It is a fun thought that our body chemistry magically changes with our clothes but sadly that is not happening.

The majority of my girl clothes are vintage and do not contain any spandex (generally wool and viscose) and there is no particular scent on them after washing.