Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How was your first time out as a woman?

My first time out was years ago when I just started college. I was living in Boston and there was a park nearby with some secluded spots. Rode my bike out at night wearing some cute panties and a sports bra under a dark men's shirt, with a summer dress, breast forms and wig in my backpack. Changed into my summer dress behind some bushes at the park then biked around the place for 5 miles. That feeling when the wind blew through my summer dress was just unbelievable. I wasn't too concerned with getting caught because it was dark out and I was biking fast enough that no one would get the chance to take a second look. I started doing that almost every week for close to two years.

Silver Member
    I didn't go out until I moved away from home. I had a job and friends in my teens. I've written about it, but a friend talked me into going in fem to a contest. When I finally agreed everything fell together. My friend's mother bought the outfit including lingerie. My landlady volunteered to do my makeup and hair. I was supposed to be Sandra Dee. Riding around in a covetable was fun. After that I started shopping for girls clothes. Eventually I got some of my sisters' clothes. I found that I could pass. I've traveled all over as a woman and enjoyed every minute of it. Seldom a problem. Enjoy

Nerve racking as one would assume. Drove few towns away and on the return trip went to pass a vehicle on the interstate and subconsciously thought I know that car. Then realized &!?$@ I know that car just as we were nose to nose. Worst fear confirmed a GG who doesn?t know this about me. Luckily she was engrossed in a phone call and I pulled back in line and decided back way home from there. Geez oh Pete!

Really scared.
    I drove out , parked and was too scared to get out and walk.
    I sat in the car for a long time debating.
    I had full make up on and was dressed in a summer mini-dress with high heeled sandals.
    I told myself I had come all this way and spent so much time doing my make up, manicure and pedicure I can't let this opportunity be wasted.
    I gathered my courage, took a deep breath, stepped out of the car , got my handbag and shut the car door.
    I saw my reflection from the car window and saw a woman looking back at me and I thought ok I am passable, not too bad.
    I turned on my heels and started walking.
    The rest is history.

My first time out was to a local drag bar, but that was not the scary part. It was walking out of my apartment building and the six blocks to the bar. I walked out the back door of my building to avoid the lobby. Fortunately I did not run into anyone. The walk was uneventful but I was extremely nervous.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I can finally respond to this thread! It was just a baby step, but it's a start. THANK YOU to all of you brave ladies for your neverending encouragement.

After lurking for quite a while, I joined the site primarily due to the growing urge to be me - with other people, even if it's just online. But, after reading so many of your stories, I thought I should put on my big girl panties and take that first step out into the real world.

I have some stuff to do downstate tomorrow, so I decided to drive down and spend the night in Urbana-Champaign (college town!). I arrived mid-afternoon. There were two cars at one end of the hotel. I figured that was probably staff. There were no other cars in the lot. Being a smoker (I know, I know!), I found the smoking area with a little bench at the far end of the hotel. Then, I unpacked, got dressed, and put on my makeup.

While planning the trip, I had been thinking about going for a drive or maybe even stopping somewhere for a walk. I also knew that I'd chicken out. After putting myself together and taking some pics so I can ask for everyone's feedback, I thought this was about the best situation I could hope for. While psyching myself up in front of the mirror, I heard a car pull up out front. About six teenageish boys popped out. Grrr... So, I was thinking "No, not tonight." It turns out they're on the floor above me, with someone in the room right above mine. Great. But, they dropped their stuff and headed out. (I'm hoping they're out for a late Saturday night on the town!)

I watched them leave and headed for the door. I was just planning to step out for a cigarette, but brought my car key and DL. I guess, just in case I needed to make a run for it. ??? I had a smoke and said to heck with it. I walked around the front of the hotel, hopped in my car, and went for a short drive. I came back, had another cig and walked back to my room like it was perfectly normal. It wasn't at all grand and glorious and I didn't actually interact with any muggles, but I'm happy to have that first step behind me.

Sorry for rambling! This was half an hour ago and I'm still giddy and dosed with adrenaline.

Dana

I was like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, even though back then I passed easier with the exception of wide shoulders

My first outing en femme was three years ago. It happened on a Pride weekend and I went out both days (one outfit each day)

On the first day (Saturday), I left home early in the morning wearing my guy clothes, I drove to a local college and changed into my fem outfit (Dark blue top with thin white stripes, long stretch denim dress and black shoes. I hadn't had any makeovers then (I've had 3 since) and I didn't have a wig yet, so I settled for sunglasses and a plain baseball cap. My boobs were the sturdy top part of a 2-piece bikini and nothing else. My boobs were hollow.

I wanted to hang out in the park in a local gayborhood, but I couldn't find any parking, so I had to park further out and walk. I was very nervous taking those first few steps, but it got easier as I realized nothing was going wrong. I walked by plenty of people and had no problem. I got to the park, found an empty bench and just enjoyed being out and seeing other people being out in public. It wasn't all perfect, though. One drunk goofy twenty-something told me a couple times to show him my - quote - fat tits. Fortunately, they moved on before long. I stayed roughly two hours (and got a huge sunburn in the decidedly non-masculine shape of my top). Later, I had been out long enough and interacted with enough people to be more comfortable in my own skin (good times) and went to my favorite art store, where I had been shopping for roughly ten years and showed up there en femme for the first time. The guy checking the bags at the door recognized me as I arrived. He was really surprised, but not in any negative kind of way. I shopped as usual, then went to the part-time job I had at the time. I think I must have changed somewhere before I went there.

I'll write about my Sunday later, maybe.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

My 1st time out in public was about 2 years ago. I had been participating in an online group run by a local female. The group was for local crossdressers to chat online and hopefully meet at a safe location to hang out together. She had been scheduling in person meetups at her home and pretty much no one would ever commit to going. I finally decided, after much debate a lot of research on her, to go to the next one.

On the day of, I shaved nice and smooth all over. Shaped my eyebrows. Applied makeup - Foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyebrow color, a little contouring in the cheeks and under my chin and finished with lip stick. Put on a short/medium length wig. Then went with super conservative attire - Denim knee length skirt, sleeveless top and black flats.

u1000.jpg

I got in my vehicle, in the garage so no one would see me, opened the garage door, backed out, closed the door with the remote and drove off. My vehicle has super dark windows, so my neighbors couldn't see.

Drove to her house and parked out front. Sat in my vehicle for what seemed like a long time, then decided I'm here, I should do this. Walked to the door and knocked, she answered, It really was her, I'm safe. Went inside and it was just her and a 2 other CD friends not in the online group. No one else from the online group showed. Had a great time hanging with them and talking and getting some advice on makeup application.

On the way home I decided to really take a risk and stopped at an outdoor mall. Walked the mall, went into a few stores, didn't talk to anyone. Didn't notice anyone laughing or looking at me weird. All in all it was Amazing.

Stressful and exciting, like doing it for the first time.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

@Just Dana

I always knew that smoking could kill. Now I know that CDing can kill. Three cigs for a short ride.

Soon you won't need the stress relief of 3 cigs for a short ride.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Well, a couple of pints was out of the question for that particular outing!

I'm sure/hoping it will get easier the more I do it. That first step was a doozy, though!

Dana

I don't dress and drink. DWI has severe consequences in my state, but none so severe as being misgendered and put in the wrong drunk tank for how I'm presenting.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

That was a long time ago but I do remember it. I drove to the City Boston, which was about an hour + north of my home, Maybe 65 miles. I went to a gay bar the Outside, that I had check out before where they had drag shows. Went in had a drinks no problem, The club then asked all the girls to parade across the stage I chickened out on that one of the queens gave me grief about it but only in jest. Now came for the drive one, I got about 1/2 way when I realized I needed gas pulled in to the station which had an attendant who had to tell me to turn the car off. I was so nervous but it was no problem. I paid for the gas and continued the drive home.
    Looking back It was great fun and I had no problem. I still get a good thrill out of going out with the civilians. Don't know if I get clocked or not but just like then nobody really cares. So get out enjoy yourself and have fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Gia, I remember my first time out dressed very well..... It was YEARS ago, I was in the US Air Force and stationed in Washington state. I was married at the time and my now ex-wife had a friend who sold Avon, so those two, plus a few other women threw a big Avon party at our house and they wanted me out of the house for the night. So, I packed a bag, went into town in Spokane, WA and got a hotel room. Then, I went to Walmart and bought a lot of feminine items..... Makeup, a dress, bra, something to stuff the bra with, some pantyhose, shoes and I think a small purse as well. Then, I went to a different store in Spokane that sold wigs and I bought a crappy, shoulder-length blonde wig. LOL I forgot what kind of dress and shoes I wore for this first time out en femme, though.

I spent a few hours in the hotel room, shaving off my facial hair, arm hair and the hair off of the top half of my chest, then I put on makeup, which at the time, I was NOT good with at all. LOL Then, I mustered up the courage to go out the door of that hotel room, went to a couple of stores just to look around, then back to the hotel room.

That first time out was VERY nerve-racking, but I got SUCH a rush! LOL I wanted to keep doing it, but that morning when I got home, my ex-wife noticed that I had a little makeup still on my face, (all I did was scrub it off best I could with soap and water, it didn't all come off) and she noticed the top half of my chest was smooth, of course. She asked me what happened, I told her and she did not like that one bit. That was one of the biggest fights that my ex-wife and I ever had..... So, I went for years and years without dressing after that.

Now, skipping ahead about 15 or so years..... After that first time, the (second) first time I went out dressed, (if that makes any sense), was almost a year ago. It'll be a year this November since I started back up CD'ing and going out dressed. When I went out dressed for the first time in years, it was pretty much the same nervousness and the same rush that I felt when I went out dressed in Spokane, WA. LOL All I did that first time was though, I just drove around in my car in town for a while, got really low on gas, so I went to a gas station and filled up my gas tank. I was nervous doing that as well. Then, with the blood still rushing from the excitement of being out in full femme, I didn't want to go home, so I went to the park in town and sat down at a table for a few minutes..... Now, this was kinda late at night, so no one else was really around. But, I heard someone behind me, opening up the door to the men's room at the park. I thought, "Ok, time to go", so I just went on back home. LOL That night, I wore a black hoodie dress with kinda white designs on it, pink stripes going down the sides, gray Sheertex pantyhose and black booties.

Both of these times I went out dressed, I was alone.

And now, I have gone out dressed so much and I'm SO comfortable with it, it's like second nature to me.
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 09-17-2020 at 12:22 PM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.