Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How was your first time out as a woman?

How was your first time out as a woman?

Hi all.

The idea of going out completely dressed up has been in my mind a lot lately.
    Sadly I need to wait until my wife and I move to another flat without flatmates. This means a bit less than a year for now.

I was wondering how did you feel the first time you went out completely feminized?🙂🙂

What were you wearing? Were you alone or with your friends or SO?

Hi Gia,

For many of us the first time can be quite exciting with many different emotions going on at the same time. They do subside if you go out a lot. For me it has always been complex. I was excited to be dressed up all pretty and yet fearful at the same time. Once I socialized with people in bars and clubs, the fears went away. I still have to dress in secret because of immediate family, but I really do not care if anyone else knows. Over time a lot of that concern goes away. It can be a lot of fun. I have danced with a lot of women while dressed and I wish I could do it now. I have not gone out since I was on a business trip to Las Vegas on Feb 1 since covid hit.

Go for it. You will be hooked. Haha.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    My first time out as a woman ....gosh, it is a bit of a distant memory now and several early outings seem to be blended together now. As all occurred in the summer, certainly a tank top paired with shorts or a light skirt. Undoubtedly by myself, as I had not come out to any friends at that point. So shopping and a few drinks at a TG friendly bar, some positive interactions with other clients and I was hooked. Seems so long ago now!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Way back,ha ha! I went for a transformation and part of that included a shopping trip to get a wig, which I did not have at the time! I wore a skirt and top and borrowed a wig and Jennifer did my make up! We went to Ashboro and had to walk about a block in the city! Jennifer told me to wear flats and I found out why! She literally ran to the wig store! I found a lovely blonde wig and we calmly walked back to the car! The first time is exhilerating to say the least! When you are ready, go for it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hi Gia, My first time out was about 8 years ago. I was out of town and staying in a Hotel alone. I can't remember exactly what I was wearing but I dressed conservative and to blend. I didn't wear a dress or heels because I wasn't looking for anymore attention drawn to me than needed. It was a struggle for me to get out of my room.
    I literally stood at the door for hours fighting the urge to go out with being scared! Once I finally left the room and the door shut it was "show-time", no going back now... When I got off of the elevator in the lobby there must of been a convention, I didn't know about, with about 200 men mingling around. I had to walk through this large group of men and have to admit being very intimidated. I noticed a few of the men looking at me but not the "man in a dress look" look, but more of a "checking me out" look. Once I made my way through this crowd and realized that everyone was not starring at me I settled down a bit and will never forget how wonderful I felt. The only thing I lacked at this point was the "confidence". This came in time the more I went out. I would imagine that most of us went through some kind of fear our first time out. Only you will know when the time is right for you. The biggest fear for me, was me! Once you get over that you will be fine. Good luck and I wish you the best.
    paula

Banned Read only
    My first time out fully dressed was on a Halloween 20 years ago. I was wearing a blue lacy top with a matching dress, my wife was wearing a suit. We had a lot of fun.

Platinum Member
    I was probably in my mid 30's when I ventured out fully dressed with the intent of mixing with fellow humanoids. Previously I had been going out for evening drives and perhaps a stroll. My first time interacting was a Halloween. I did not go to a party, but went into grocery stores and donuts shops to buy things. At that time I was wearing a shoulder length curly blond wig. I had applied full makeup and nail polish. I wore a knee length jade dress with a black floral pattern, black heels and hosiery, and all the proper undergarments; bra, panty and slip. I got a compliment from the woman working at the donuts shop. At the grocery store the cashier was very young and probably had never encountered a cross dressing man, even on Halloween. She did say a word and seemed to not know how to approach the subject. There was a guy there who was buying beer and probably already had too many brews. He had a good forced laugh. Basically, venturing out on Halloween did satisfy that little urge to be out of the house for quite some time. For a very long time I limited my dressing to in-home as that is my comfort zone. When the opportunity arises I still go for a drive and stroll just to feel the cool breeze across my stocking clad legs.

I was alone and very nervous, but excited. I drove around for quite a while working up the courage to leave the car. I finally pulled into a shopping center, but sat in the car working up the courage to get out. I waivered back and forth whether to get out or not, but I finally realized I?ve come this far so I got out and went into the mall...still nervous. By the time I walked from one end to the other, I was much more relaxed.
    I ventured into Macy?s and went to the hosiery department and bought three pairs of pantyhose. I tried to disguise my voice, but I think the SA knew. She was very nice and gave me a big smile. I wore black slacks with hip my pads, hose, low heels, a blouse, a light sweater, light makeup and my pageboy wig...trying to blend in as much as possible. I think I did. When I got back to the car, I sat for several minutes recalling my first adventure out.

Silver Member
    I had a forum sister as a mentor. We met for coffee. I was fully dressed with basic makeup and press on nails. She told me to follow her. We were going to a super market To boost my courage she told me to relax (yeah!) and just own it. We walked through the parking lot and entered the store. I needed a shopping cart to hang on to and to put my purse in as women do. We walked every aisle and with each one I gained confidence and began to own it! We were in the super market for about 30 minutes, walking and frequently stopping to look at something but didn't buy anything. As we left, I lost a nail, looked behind and saw it in a drive area, went back and picked it up. We talked. I thanked her for her help in 'pushing' me to do it. I loved the experience!

Ladies, if you have the going out urge, I sincerely recommend doing it with a sister. Find one near you. As they post, see where they are located. Make contact by PM and see if they will mentor you. It CAN be done. Good luck.

Banned Read only
    Gia,
    I'd taken a few drives and the odd walk but I would consider my first time out was to attend a dinner dance with my social group . My wife knew but didn't wish to see me but she did make sure I left home safely while she waited in her car a few yards down the road . Surprisingly I wasn't nervous , maybe I was well ready to take this step , I wore a full length ballgown and 4" heels both of which I'd never worn before . It was a fantastic evening , I never thought I would dare venture on the dance floor but I did . The worse part was driving home , creeping in and taking it all off without waking my wife . I knew there was no going back after that !
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-15-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Banned Read only
    I went out last night actually. It was somewhat of a "cover of darkness" trip out, which involved sneaking into the car dressed and driving to the city where there would be people around, but not to the point it's in your face.

I had been psyching myself up for a week, and was out of the car and walking around without any real issue. I felt quite confident in how I looked - not that I passed, but I felt that from a distance my face wasn't too obvious (picture from last below, as I preferred the more subtle dark to go out Vs the blonde of my avatar pic)

I had a few different people in couples chatting that I walked past, and I approached with trepidation, but it was actually fine - nobody said anything, nobody stared, I was just a person walking along the street.

Successful first trip. Not to say they'll all be like that, but I can certainly improve my makeup skills, so bring it on!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CharlotteCD; 08-15-2020 at 01:56 PM.

A girl in the north east Jennylace's Avatar
    good for you it's so important to be able to get out and just breathe easy there is a point it becomes second nature and you look like you pass with no problems at all good for you.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

omg, that must have been a very nervous moment for sure. a long time ago I did a similar thing but it was in a restaurant I got a table in the back and soon the place filled up and there were people looking then a nice lady came over and says your beautiful. then I was full of confidence. a lot of times some girls start out in a large group and it becomes so easy to relax when you have others feeling the same way. and you have such a fem face it must be easy for you.
    Jenny Angelique Sanders
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jennylace/

My maiden voyage was pleasantly uneventful. I made myself as presentable as possible and went out shopping. It was then simply a nice shopping excursion. No one seemed to notice (or possibly care) that I was a man in women's clothing. No one pointed or giggled or did any of the terrible embarrassing things I had imagined. It was exciting for me, of course, but perfectly ordinary as far as the rest of the world was concerned. Which was great, and made it much easier for me to venture out after that.

I was scared as heck.
    Never done it before / no internet to show me how / no one to learn from.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

The first time out for me was with a guy I was dating at the time who encouraged and supported me, so that I could get up the courage to do it. We went to dinner and I was nervous. No one really seemed to notice, but I was pretty sure the waiter did. After that we went to other places, as well a few weekends together where I went out in public all weekend dressed. I dress to blend in, not stand out which I think really helps too.

My first time wasn't that memorable. I dropped a few things off at Goodwill, and went through the drive up at the coffee place. I was misgendered at both places, but the people quickly corrected themselves. It was pretty dull. Later, though I had a much more exciting trip. I went to several stores and was treated as a lady. As I was driving along I kept hoping that the other drivers were looking at me. I especially hoped they were staring at my boobs (breastforms). I was so proud to be out and about with prominent boobs. But then I went to my favorite clothing store, where I had bought female clothing in male mode several times and was immediately clocked by the security guard. I felt completely humiliated, left the store and went straight home. I got over it pretty quickly though.

For the record, I have long since become completely indifferent about being clocked. I know it happens, but I just don't care anymore. I'm essentially 24/7 now, and I feel like, "this is me, take it or leave it, I don't care either way."

With my girlfriend at a festival in fancy dress - absolutely brilliant and no one seemed to mind!

I felt overcome with nervousness! Almost shaking to pieces for the 1st 1/2 hour. I was dressed in a black with gray pinstripes 3 piece suit and completely made up by my wife. We had just endured the 1st time of what I considered a real makeover and 1st time with her . We had a heart to heart on my desires to CD. She was wonderful and accepted me without any problems. When we had talked she gave me her pocketbook and told me to come on. It was dark and we live in the country. She drove and we rode for a couple of hours stopping to get a cold-drink at the Jr. Store in another town. It was sinsational.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

The first time I went out as a woman, I went to the Maryland Renaissance festival where I rented a "wench" costume. The costume consisted of a mid-calf) long linen skirt, a peasant top and a laced bodice. Everyone working an the rental counter were GGs. When I got to the front of the rental counter, I told the woman that I wanted the "Fair Maiden" costume. she told me that I'd probably be much most comfortable in the wench costume. She said that the only difference was that the wench costume had an underbust bodice whereas the fair Maiden had an overbust bodice.

So, I took the wench costume and went to a changing room and put it on. I had underdressed in panties and a bra and just had to put the forms in. One of the girls from the costume shop laced my bodice. She seemed to have a lot of fun helping me out, and she and some of the of the other GGs checked me out and gave me a lot of confidence. I covered my head with a flowing kerchief. I also carried a crossbody canvas bag that I had just purchased for the Faire.

There must have been 10,000 people at the Faire that day, I was afraid that I would get laughs and smirks from everyone. But very few people even gave me a second look. They were all in their own little world.

The good side. Throughout the day, I would pass groups of GGs. They would either stop to admire me, smile at me, or give me a big thumbs up. The teen GM at the lunch stand gave me a "m'lady" after giving me my food. I gave him a smile and a little curtsey back. On SA in one of the shops I went to wanted to know where I had bought my bodice, because she wanted one like it.

I did have one gut try to take my picture, and I kept turning and walking away. Finally, his GF said to him, "Can't you see she doesn't want her picture taken?" The he let me alone. Towards the end of the day, I wanked past a group of 8 GGs and GMs. One of the GMs turned around and said, "Hey, that girl in a guy." He was really stumbling over himself drunk, and I thought he might make problems for me. But a couple people from his group came back, grabbed his arms and pulled him away from me.

I also saw two other CDs there.

All in all it was a great day, with only a couple of minor incidents that were easily handled. A totally exciting and affirming day.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 08-15-2020 at 09:07 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My first time out wearing women's clothes was to a work friends Halloween party many years ago. Black high-heeled boots, tan hosiery, short denim skirt, a plain top, makeup and wig. The execution was a five or six, at best, but the experience was amazingly great. That said, I never thought of myself as "out as a woman." Even today with much better clothes and technique I never consider myself a woman even when dressed head to toe.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 08-16-2020 at 09:00 AM.

It was scary as Hell but I survived it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sadly, I never have and never will.

I've been out as a CD, a MIAD, and a trans. But, I'm not a woman----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

After a makeover I drove home and was going to take my makeup off. I looked in the mirror and said "I haven't gone through all this to simply drive home and undress" I scooted back to my car and went shopping at a supermarket a few miles from my house. As I left the car my hands were shaking and my stomach was in knots. As I walked in a few gentlemen passed me and gave me a nice smile. That reduced the tension and increased my confidence. +

For me it was a little over 10 years ago (May 2010). I went out with my wife on a Saturday night to a couple of stores (Payless, Target and Kohl's). I was wearing a sleeveless, pink top, pink and white skirt, pick flip flops and carrying a borrowed Coach purse from my wife. The first stop was Payless and I was extremely nervous because the little store was crowed with another lady with two teenage daughters. We left Payless and walked down to Target, we were looking at costume jewelry and I started to relax when I looked up and didn't see my wife where I thought she should be and started to have a mini panic attack until I spotted her. We walked around Target for another 20 minutes with my wife telling me to slow my walk and enjoy the experience. My wife picked up a few essentials and we checked out. On the drive home I told her although I had been nervous in both stores I wasn't ready to go home yet, so we pulled into a Kohl's. The store wasn't crowded so we shopped for 20-30 minutes there, I even went into the ladies fitting room and tried on a pair of brown Capri pants. We bought the Capri's and drove home where we had a glass of wine on the patio to celebrate. So how was it? It was nerve wracking, I was was scared to death, but it was also so liberating to be out in public dressed as my wife's BFF enjoying a shopping outing.

Jill
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jill

I?m going to break my reply down into several parts as each qualifies in its own way but are also incremental steps in my progression.

Like many others I started with night time drives. My attire was often a mismatch of items cobbled together, not so much an outfit as scarecrow dressing. While I would find somewhere quiet to park and although I was dressed wig down to heels, leaving the car for a brief walk could be considered as a first outing fully enfemme it?s also a bit like the old question, if a tree falls in a forest and there?s no-one there to hear it, does it make a sound? Similarly by going out and no-one seeing me is it right to class it as a first outing?

Move forward a few years and now I?ve improved my wardrobe such now I have outfits in the true sense of the word it?s still evening time and I?m now walking streets with the odd other person about, usually a dog walker, we pass like ships in the night with me crossing roads to avoid close contact.

For me I class my first true outing fully enfemme as the first time I went shopping and had to mingle with the muggles. On the earlier occasions anxiety levels were high but this time was another level. Daylight, busy shop, nowhere to hide and as many will testify the butterflies were more like eagles but as many will report those nerves soon settle as the realisation dawns that folks aren?t paying you much if any attention. Nerves are replaced by a desire to do more and that first shop quickly became 8-10 with me actually buying items and interacting with SA?s, loving the newly found sense of freedom I?ve found.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed