Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you been caught out when underdessing at work?

Have you been caught out when underdessing at work?

Hi all

Hopefully a simple question. For those like me who underdress at work, have you been caught out? How did it happen?

Do you think that it is a case of "when" or "if"?

Having come out to my wife, she's concerned about me underdressing at work and being found out.

I told her that no one noticed in the years that I was doing it at work before - at least as far as I'm aware. She thinks that if it hasn't happened yet, then it is likely to happen in the future and therefore I shouldn't underdress at work.

I feel more confident at work when wearing tights and knickers at work and despite being a bit more careful about bending over etc, am convinced that no one can tell.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

It depends on exactly what you wear and how discreet you are.
    (In my case, if anybody has ever noticed, they haven't let-on.)
    If people do choose to underdress at work, they must be ready to own the consequences if they are found out.
    Theoretically a workplace should have anti-discrimination policies, but they are not always properly enforced, so may not offer much protection for someone who is outed.
    Last edited by Krea; 08-15-2020 at 03:25 PM. Reason: sloppy typing due to too much wine
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Aspiring Member
    I rarely underdress at work; up until covid, I would use the gym at work and I can say it would be uncomfortable in the guy's locker room wearing women's anything while surrounded by big brutish jar heads.

However, when I worked for a charitable organization, I went into work a few times on Sat as I knew no one would be there. I didn't just underdress, I dressed almost full gear minus the makeup. One time I was all dolled up, I heard the front door to the office open. I got up, took a quick peek around the corner and the ceo of the place comes walking in. I put my heavy sweater (thank god it was during winter) and jeans on so fast, it made my head spin. However, the white long sleeved blouse I was wearing had extra fabric you would tie into a knot, and I did just that, and I was positive that the white blouse and the knot I put in it peeked out over the top.

He comes into my office, asks how I'm doing, and then wishes me a good day and goes to his own office to work. I waited a few minutes and I went to the washroom to change back.

It?s always more of a fear than a risk. Even with painted toes I got nervous but it?s very unlikely anyone will ever find out

Platinum Member
    When I was working there were occasions when I wore a white panty. Nothing could be seen. When I retired I tried underdressing since it seemed to be the thing to do on this site. I gave it a try; bra, camisole, panty and hosiery. I got nothing positive out of it. I was making the assumption I would not get into a serious accident, nor keel over with a heart attack. I gave it up. I still do wear a nylon panty in white or black under my outer clothing. I figure that's less to explain if that accident were to happen.

Nope. Never been caught 'cause I don't under dress or push the envelope.

Banned Read only
    MichaelM,
    Perhaps honestly ask the question do you want to be caught out or not ? Forget the wife's input for a moment and consider the question , I believe most of us do . Looking back it was like a stepping stone to the coming out process for me , OK no denying there was the buzz but also I was getting use to wearing a bra and knickers more and more . Eventually you always get caught , I had some really fun incidents with other shoppers, SAs and dog walkers .

To answer your question it is a case of " When " rather than " If " .

Banned Read only
    The closest I have come to at work was not underdressing but actually dressing. One day I was wearing a pair of Venezia woman's jeans, and our intern asked me "Why are you wearing girl jeans?" I just said I didn't have any clean ones. He didn't know that I was also wearing a bra and panties.

But that was before I was started transition, so if anyone ever asks me now I will tell them the truth

Yes, once.

I always wear panties - usually without incident.

But:

One day, we ended up pulling cables under the floors where I was working - and I realized that the back of my pants was pulling down as i twisted to get to things. It was a sure bet that the waistband of my panties would be showing. I looked up, and could tell by the look on my co-worker's face that he'd seen it. We both gave an embarrassed laugh, and went back to work. Nothing was ever said about it, and as far as I could tell, he never spread the word.

Still - I worried a lot, until I realized that the world didn't end after all.
    (FWIW, I was holding a security clearance at the time, and the potential of losing it - and my job - was very real.)

I'm in the gig economy, not in a regular office job any more. The possibility exists that I could bend over to work on a cabling issue, and the waistband of my panties become visible. (I often coordinate their color with my socks, shirt, and/or ponytail tie.) If anything's been noticed, nothing's been said.

At least once I worked in a Brand X women's clothing store, and realized later that I had worn jeans with Brand Y's decoration on the back pockets. If the SAs noticed, they didn't say anything.

One time I was in a big-box store (not working, shopping with my wife) and the cashier complimented me on my cowboy boots. They were actually suede booties with 2-inch heels, that ended not far up my pants legs. I just thanked her for the compliment. If my wife hadn't been with me, I probably would have revealed the truth.

One time my helper asked if I was wearing nail polish. I told him the truth: it was clear Hard as Nails, as I have a problem with them cracking and splitting. Not surprised that he noticed, since he's got a trans sister. No SAs have ever said anything.

I started wearing exclusively women's jeans (boot cut) about a year or so ago, and back when we were going to the office, no one seemed to notice. Knowing my coworkers, if they noticed, they'd definitely say something - and it wouldn't be nice.

I do wear women's underwear, but it's extremely unlikely anything would ever happen at the office where they'd see my underwear, unless I fell unconscious or something (not impossible, but not likely).

Working from home, now, I could full dress on workdays if I wanted, I suppose. I'd have to unplug my web cam, just to be sure. But, I haven't tried that, simply because it takes so long for the transformation.

Okay, I don't think that contributed much . . . .

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I retired a year ago from Nursing after 25 years. From the beginning I always wore Women's white nursing shoes since I could not get Men's white ones in my size. I wear a Men's 6.7-7 and a Women's 8.5-9. Many nurses over the years noticed, when they pointed out they were wearing the same shoe and I told them the simple fact about my small feet. I also wore women's Cherokee light cotton white nurse's slacks with tapered legs and elastic wide waist band and no front zipper. I always wore full cut nylon panties that could be seen through the thin cotton pants and on more than one occasion when I bent over to pick something up a fellow nurse commented, "Nice panties." I never skipped a beat and would say I like "tighty whities". More than once they would answer "Whatever." or "I think not." I always wore women's scrub tops in any shade of blue. They are slightly different than the unisex with usually a lower cut v-neck and with a flare at the bottom. Nylon body shaper underneath was the norm in cool weather. All these were noticed at one time or another but never had an affect on my relationship with the other nurses and staff or even my patients and families. I am 5'5" and I just think I was eccentric in a harmless way. Whatever, I was happy to dress freely on the job not knowing what others were thinking but realizing they knew a lot.

No but the other day my boss said the reason why I am always cold because I wear girls socks and leggings when I was actuallywearing skinny jeans and ankle socks. Little he know I was actually wearing leggings under my skinny jeans. Interesting thing was that a few years ago someone tried to out him as a CD being it jokingly or seriously IDK

Gold Member
    I wear bra and panties all the time; no one has ever noticed or said anything about it.
    I always wear a color shirt, better yet with a design or strips. that way your bra srap
    is less noticeable.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    RADER has a good point some shirts are better than others to hide your bra. Not just being opaque enough to not let it show through, but loose and having a pattern makes it harder to see your bra outline under your clothes.

I wear pantyhose to work in the winter for two reasons. I have circulation trouble in my legs and the hose helps immensely with that, and second, I just like too! I had a co-worker notice as I was loading something in my pickup and my pants leg slipped up. He asked me if I was wearing pantyhose, I said yes, my legs feel better when I do, end of conversation.

I would wear hose in the summer, but it is too damned hot!

Before COVID, I frequently wore bra and enhancers along with my daily panties. No one has ever said anything. Though, one day we all went out for drinks after work. I was NOT wearing a bra that day. One of the women I work with stood behind me and put her hand on my shoulder. We had never had such close contact. She stood there for a number of minutes while we were engaged in conversation with others at the table. I'm still not sure if she was being friendly, or if she was searching for a shoulder strap.

Now, working from home, I can't afford to get caught - this "work wife" wouldn't understand!

I often wear bra, knickers and tights. Any comments by my fellow workers have been positive.

Anymore the only underdressing I do at work is panties but used to wear thigh highs also. That?s as far as I?ve ever gone at work. Have never really had a fear about the waistband showing but I?m sure it has been exposed before.

Silver Member
    I underdress pretty much every day, have worn panties now for longer than I can recall, in winter I like to wear hold ups under my trousers and a bra under my heavier tops, no one has ever said anything and they would if they realised. I like to think I don't take careless risks and underdressing makes me feel nice, I have absolutely no wish to get caught. it works for me

Reality Check
    The risk depends on what you mean by "underdressing" and what sort of work you do. If you're talking about wearing panties and you wear a suit at work, the risk is slim. If you're wearing a bra and doing physical work, the risk is much higher.

You should be able to decide for yourself what is an acceptable risk.
    Krisi

I?m a self employed management consultant working out of a home office. I travel extensively and work at the client?s premises. I?ve always worn pantyhose under my suit. I?d confine dressing to evenings in my hotel room

Covid has changed everything. I?m still working but not traveling. I?m connecting via zoom. Now i underdress in a bra, forms, panties, pantyhose all hidden under a suit. I wear stilettos to add a sexy look to my suit, hidden of course from the camera. I wear minimal makeup, foundation, concealer and lipstick to match my natural color to prevent a washed out look that the bright lights can cause.

Hate Covid but live my new work environment. I can indulge myself. I am amazed at the energy and creativity fully underdressing brings me with no risk of being caught.
    Last edited by GenevieveF; 08-17-2020 at 09:01 AM.

I have been wearing panties and a bra everyday now for years to work. I have been outed a few times by a bra strap or the adjuster showing threw my shirt. And a few female co workers have asked me why I wear a bra I just reply that I like too and really enjoy like wearing one.

I have come in on weekends and worn a dress, hoes, and heels, never been caught. But in general I do not come in enfemme or underdress for work.

I wear panties daily. My wife put all my mens briefs in a box.

I've worn thigh highs and a sports bra before, but only in winter when I could cover with a heavy sweater and blue jeans.