Thread: Just buy the shoes

Just buy the shoes

We went to a outdoor mall today, we went into a women's store and everything was on sale. My wife pointed out to me that all the shoes were half price or less. She gets a pair for herself and then she pulls out a pair of size 10 and tells me she wants to buy them for Maria. I tell her Maria has been dead lately and I suggested she save her money and buy another pair for herself. She was insisting and pointed out that maybe the shoes will light the Maria flame again because she believes something is wrong with me because I haven't been getting many cravings lately. We were arguing back and forth and I guess we didn't realize there was an employee stocking the shelves in the next isle. She came around the corner with a box in her hand and said to me "just let her buy you the shoes already" and she walked past us. My wife started laughing and we were both suprised at her comment. My wife spointed out that the employee was young and probably more excepting of everything because she was from the new generation. I must admit it did feel good that the employee was so calm and even joked about it. I hope this is a new road the new generation.

Hey Maria,

Yea that is kind of funny. I have to admit I have been a bit surprised by young women?s point of view as far as acceptance goes. I recall chatting with some women in a bar when I was dressed up. I do not recall the initial conversation but I said something to the effect that I really did not like body hair and this one girl pops off and says , me either. Take it all off. Haha. So you never know what to expect these days.

Anyhow sounds like a fun outing. Do as your wife says next time. Haha.

Sandi

Maria, I agree that the new generation is so much more understanding and tolerant than our generation. I experienced that this week when I came out to my 65 year old neighbor, she is only 17 years younger but her attitude and acceptance was there just as you have found in the shoe store. That bodes well for us senior dressers, the younger folks just seem to shrug their shoulders and say, that's OK.
    Joanne

Banned Read only
    Sounds as if you need to heed your wife's recommendations. If I had a wife who was so insistent I'd buy the shoes and then head off to a lingerie store.

Your wife knows you well - hope you will wear her gift shoes soon

My wife and I shop together all the time. My wife always points out things that she likes and often finds things she thinks would look good on me. Every now and then she will find something (mostly in the lingerie area) hold it up and ask me "do you have this?" or something like "you would look good in this" Opps. Its always innocent and funny.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Hi Maria,

You are incredibly fortunate to have such a loving and accepting wife. I think it's wonderful you two can go shopping together and openly talk about your CDing. Enjoy the shoes!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

What about the important part of the story? Did you buy the shoes lol.

So you let her buy you the shoes, right? That was a pretty funny story but also has a hopeful message. I think younger people are more open-minded and accepting of us. Also your wife has clearly bought into you as Maria. From now on I would just let her treat Maria when she wants to because she has clearly accepted all of you.
    I'm just starting on this new journey. I'm still figuring things out. Who knows where it will lead?

What we?re all wondering is what the shoes looked like!!

Platinum Member
    Sorry to hear Maria has been in a low ebb, but I know it happens. Your wife and the SA were right on, btw. Even if you don?t feel the need right now, sooner or later those shoes will be appreciated.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My wife never has to push me to buy the shoes.
    Quite the opposite. She has to rein me in to keep from buying too many...we each just bought a new pair...lol
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

For everyone interest, the shoe are a snake skin Europen sandle. The heel is about 4" a little high for my taste but my wife likes it. Very Sexy I must say. No spark for the flame yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    My wife never has to push me to buy the shoes.
    Quite the opposite. She has to rein me in to keep from buying too many...we each just bought a new pair...lol
    My wife needed some work shoes so we went shopping at DSW and came home with around nine pairs of shoes, Seven for her, a couple nice high heels, and the rest for work, and two pair for me, also heels, plus I ordered another pair I saw in the store but not in my size. So the trip turned into three pairs of heels for me. A girl can't have too many shoes!
    Last edited by Pumped; 08-19-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Sounds like you need a new dress to go w/ the shoes. Few outfits would match a style shoe like that. Yes 4in is high, but hey if it makes wife happy. Maybe you just need to try them out for a bit.
    sometimes the feelings come later, they are not always before

I've been thinking we have the wrong focus. It is NOT what makes you happy, feel sexy, it's what makes wife feel good. I also had to wear a maxi dress and knotted skirt that I hated. But did a couple of times and helped with wife. Now they are gone. Not every possibility is good, but sometimes it helps to wear something different just to improve relations

Now, that is funny. It sounds like something my teenage daughter would do.

I live in a big city, so I know it's not necessarily the norm, but here LGBTQ people are just people for kids nowadays (mostly!). My older daughter went to high school with an out transman. It was no big deal for the other students. I think that's progress!

Dana

It is the new road, for the new generation! Did you get the shoes?