Thread: It's taken a LONG time

Aspiring Member

It's taken a LONG time

I am in my 60s and have been crossdressing for over 50 years. In the last 20 or so years I have spent more than half my waking hours and almost all my sleeping hours in skirts and dress (or nightdresses). It moved up a gear when I started working a lot from home, and since lockdown I probably haven't spent more than 30-40 hours in male clothes in total. I don't identify as a woman - I just like wearing the clothes and occasionally, when I go out, acting the part. I have been out in public in a dress only once since lockdown, for a whole day with a woman friend. Today is the first time when putting my dress (it is usually a dress not a skirt) and other stuff on this morning seemed like the normal thing to do, even though I have been doing that for many years - even on office days I would wear a dress for breakfast and shaving. Of course today might be a one-off, who knows, but it shows that early life trouser wearing can take a very very long time to be replaced mentally with dress wearing.

I came out to my wife 5 years ago, and since then I have been really working on trying to understand what my baseline is, and now 5 years seems like a long time. The difficulty is that my wife continues to object- so it is an atmosphere of suppression. I have found that I am still moving down the river, and these days I spend a few hours each morning dressed and she has to deal with it- but it hasn't been a terrible problem since she takes a long time to wake up and reads the paper for those hours. THen I change and we go out for a walk so I can honor her way of wanting to present herself in public.

But to your point, I have gone over the waterfall. This morning we were shaken awake by a predawn thunderstorm that was Midwestern in magnitude and never happens here in SF. But I threw on my panties and bra, slip, and dress to go out and salvage my tools from the rain. It was my clothing, not my escape pod!
    We are all beautiful...!