Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part of my reason for crossdressing

Part of my reason for crossdressing

My thought of the day is that one reason that I am attracted to women?s clothes is all my life I held blue collar jobs that required me to be sweaty , stinky , dirty and greasy .
    When I had opportunities to dress in women?s things , that would be like a vacation from my normal self .

Platinum Member
    There is some logic to that. I know I reserve my male clothes for dirty jobs and am very happy to discard those things into the laundry pile, get cleaned up and again presentable as a woman.

I used to think that dressing as a woman gave me an escape from having to play the assertive, dominant, responsible male role that I found myself playing in my personal and professional life. I could put on women’s clothes and perhaps for a moment assume a woman’s demeanor.

That was until I began to realize that much of what I saw as ‘masculine’ was really just loutish behavior and that women in positions of responsibility were able to perform those roles with a measure of assertiveness absent the coercive, domineering or intimidating behavior that I too often exhibited. It was also before I realized that could I put on women’s clothes without becoming anything other than the person I am without it being an act or pretense. Or to put it another way, I realized my inner self feels more connected to my outer presentation when I am dressed as a woman.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 08-19-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

But on the other hand, who needs a reason?

I use to love the change after work too, it was a great stress reliever. No one knew that was me while I was presenting.
    I actually had the pleasure of walking past a co-worker who knows me very well while I was presenting as a girl and he looked at me up and down but never knew that girl was me!
    Talk about a thrill! No friends running into me asking me for free tickets and back stage passes, no co-workers coming to me when they broke their equipment, no bosses demanding setup times before a concert. I loved being incognito!

Candy, They may have looked at you and thought to themselves, I know that person from somewhere.
    BTW, Can I get two tickets to.....
    Crissy

Sounds like me also really dirty or really girly! The best of both worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    But on the other hand, who needs a reason?
    Exactly , I never understood coming up with a reason. It is just who you are .
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I do agree that we do not need a reason to crossdress but the question of how did this get in me and why is it impossible to walk away from it is something I would be interested in knowing.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    I do agree that we do not need a reason to crossdress but the question of how did this get in me and why is it impossible to walk away from it is something I would be interested in knowing.
    Crissy, I don't think any of us knows the answers to those two questions!

Reality Check
    We don't need a reason to dress as women, but obviously, there is a reason why we do it. Not the same reason for everyone, but there is a reason.

I doubt that most of us understand the reason though.
    Krisi

I really don't know why I crossdress, or haven't admitted it to myself, I just know I have to. I love the way I look when I have done it right!

I have to agree, As a mechanic all my life, It was like a vacation from the normal every day life
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Neither do I need a reason to dress. The pink fog is with me most of the time. I do understand...whether working outside, golf, etc., I always look forward to a shower and slipping into something soft, silky and comfortable.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    "vacation from my normal self." I find that it is a vacation as my true self.

I also can look at it as an "escape" from my everyday male mode- and the high stress job that I have. Other times it may be more of a "get in touch with my feminine" aspects; it has on occasion helped me gain perspective on things or see a problem from a different angle. After almost 40 years of dressing I STILL don't know why, but I have learned to accept it. And once I did that, most of the inner turmoil dissipated for me. Just my perspective I guess.
    -Cheryllynn

No big reason, just love it every day ...so relaxing to dress in soft things
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My reason for dressing is I woke up again this morning!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I can certainly understand the "aahhhhh...." moment when coming home from a hard or stressful day and slipping into something soft,feminine and pretty.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

My reason for crossdressing used to be the thrill. But now it's just to relax and be me since crossdrrssing has become a big important part of my life. I use it as a way to let my troubles of work ease of my body. I feel when I am Christina I am at peace for a bit.

Banned Read only
    That seems like a wonderful reason, Terri. Within the vast spectrum of reasons that motivate our sisters, there's nothing wrong with enjoying a little escapism. I always felt that this was my motivation, and it was, but as I got older I came to terms with deeper rooted identity issues. Either way, escapism is a lot of fun. I like to think of my dressing as on-demand cosplay.

I have always been attracted to feminine things from a very young age. My brain must be wired differently and at this point in my life I am ok with letting the girl in me out. I have been buying clothes ,wigs,shoes,forms,jewelry,nail polish and am wearing all of it as it feels wonderful. As a man I wear an ugly black uniform to work hate the heat and sunshine but as a woman I love the heat and working on a tan. I am a bit out of control and need to find a balance between the male and female sides of my life.

I just love girly things !!!!

We don't NEED a reason to present the way we do, but there ARE many reasons that we do. We now know and understand some of them but there are still a lot of empty boxes in the wall of reasons why we do what we do that need to be figured out so we can understand. But you don't need to understand to participate or engage in that behavior. And Terri, your reason, although I have never heard that one before, is as perfectly good as any other reason. We are all different, but the same forces affect each of us. The result is not tomato soup; we are each more like minestrone soup, but each bowl of soup is custom made and different from all the other bowls of minestrone.

It is something that was inbred from an early age.

It all seemed soconvenient at the time.

Yes, I enjoy being a girl.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I can see that. As I dress most of the time around home and yard, I find it weird to get feminine clothes sweaty or do dirty jobs. I think part of that is I see feminine clothes are pretty and am more careful in them and when I launder them and see male clothes are more utilitarian and replaceable. At least I have 2 aprons for kitchen tasks so that is no longer an issue.

For me, dressing is a way to sort of fool myself visually into thinking/feeling that I am a woman. Of course, that brings up a different question, to which I have no answer.

I also understand the escapism angle. That makes a lot of sense to me. However, Docrobbysherry gave my favorite answer!

Dana