Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which bathroom

Which bathroom

I am going out this weekend and I have a question for all of you ladies. If you were at the mall and Had to use the restroom which one would you use%?

if you are dressed use the ladies

Platinum Member
    My mall has a family bathroom. Single occupancy. Changing table for infants. Privacy for a parent to take the opposite sex child into a bathroom to eliminate perverts. When en femme I make it a point to not need any bathroom facilities. I do agree with Bobbi.

When shopping enfemme I will always use the ladies facilities. I tend to head for the toilets in larger department stores rather than the public ones in the mall. The store facilities can be a bit quieter, less busy and often free of parent and child.

Small eateries or coffee shops often have dual use facilities which does away with the dilemma.

What Helen says, particularly when it comes to the smaller shops, cafes and such. Also, unisex accessible toilets can be a useful fallback if an otherwise bad choice presents itself.

If you are transitioning, and view yourself as female, then use the women's room

If you identify as male, and are just crossdressing, use the men's room

If you are somewhere between the two, use a bottle (joke)

Good question. I have not been out yet but I think I would use the ladies bathroom.

Banned Read only
    StefJones,
    If you really are unsure and don't feel confident enough to use the ladies then consider using the disabled ones .

Reality Check
    Many malls have a "family" restroom for parents with kids or for people who need assistance. While not technically correct, that would be my choice.

Otherwise, if you are presenting as female and look reasonably female, I would choose the ladies restroom. If you're one of those who dresses half and half, the men's restroom would be the proper choice.

Be aware that in some areas, it's against the law to use the ladies restroom if you are not biologically female. Know before you go.
    Krisi

When out enfemme I always use the ladies room. I agree with Helen as I also find the ladies rooms in the larger department stores to be less crowded. Even in the busier mall food court bathrooms get in do your business, wash your hands, check your make-up and get out. You really shouldn't have a problem. Of course if you are still nervous or unsure you can always fall back to the single use unisex bathrooms.
    Jill

Aspiring Member
    When dressed totally enfemme with wig and makeup, I used the ladies room. Even though I do not totally pass, I try to watch and not go into a very crowded restroom where there might be a line. Mind your own business, get into a cubical, do your thing, wash your hands, comb your hair and leave. I've used many rest stop restrooms when I can travel enfemme.

Banned Read only
    When I am presenting as a woman I use the Woman's restroom.

Check the laws in your state as in Washington State, the law is on our side.

People in Washington state are legally allowed to use the restroom of the gender they identify with.

Just remember to SIT DOWN.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-20-2020 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Yes, we have that figured out

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Same here. When en femme (wig, makeup etc) I use the ladies.
    And like Helen and many others, I prefer the big department stores, clean and quiet!

Funny-ish restroom story. My wife and I were having dinner with another couple with whom we normally have all girl outings.
    But this time I couldn't go dressed . When I went to use the restroom, I had to keep checking myself to make sure I was heading for the right one (the men's). It felt VERY odd.

Silver Member
    As a MIAD, I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking I'm a woman. So when i need to use the facilities, its the mens. But instead of a urinal, I go into a stall. Nobody wants to see my skirt getting pulled up while I use a urinal.

I present with a mix of male and female, so I use the men's room.

I use the ladies room when dressed. In my home town I know of a few businesses that have non-gendered bathrooms, and I use those if I?m close. I also know the businesses that have single-user bathrooms and I use those if I can?t get to a non-gendered bathroom. I use the one reserved for women. And if push comes to shove, I?ll use the closest ladies room even if it?s a busy multi-user facility.

I just had to add this, once when I was traveling en femme I stopped at a rest stop and noticed that the men?s room was closed and locked. No problem since I was going to be using the ladies room. When I was seated in the ladies room I overheard a conversation between a man and woman just outside the door. He had an urgent need and was wondering if there was anyone in the ladies room. The lady said that her husband just went up into the trees, but the guy explained that his need wouldn?t allow that. So the lady said that yes, there was one lady in there (me) and as soon as she came out he could go in. She said she?d stand guard to make sure no other ladies went in until he came out. I came right out, looked at both of them and thought ?huh. How about that.?
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 08-20-2020 at 12:44 PM.

It's not unusual to find, at busy social events like pub quizzes or music evenings, that the lady's room is often very crowded and the men's room is not. On several occasions I have been present when a lady will ask to use the men's room because her need is urgent. I have never seen a man who has had any problem with a lady using the men's room.

Cynthia, it was heartening to read your post.

To pick up on Cynthia's comment...

A few years ago I was out shopping en femme - and as per my usual habit when doing so - went into the women's restroom to do my business when the need suddenly arose. No sooner was I seated in a stall when I heard a tap on the wall, followed by a GG's sheepish voice asking me if there was any toilet paper in my stall as there seemed to be none in hers. When I replied in the affirmative, she asked me if I would be kind enough to pass some over to her underneath the stall wall, and I happily complied. She thanked me profusely, and just before leaving, I asked her again if she was still O.K., which she said she was. Apparently, this type of thing is not uncommon in ladies' restrooms.

I just chuckled to myself afterwards, reflecting on the fact that there was now one GG who was probably very thankful to have had a crossdresser sharing the ladies' room with her, even if it was unbeknownst to her. Ah, the ironies of life!

Aspiring Member
    In the UK it is already legal for men to use the Ladies which makes the current fuss about gender identity a bit redundant as far as toilets are concerned. I do not identify as a woman but try to dress and act as one when out. In hundreds of excursions I have only had to use a toilet about four times. Always in hotels and apart from the last time I asked reception if I could use the Ladies. They always said yes and I was always alone in there. The last time was in a facility attached to a sort of leisure centre and I was with a GG who came with me. I don't feel comfortable using a Ladies without permission because I am not a lady, and for the same reason would not feel comfortable about using a disabled toilet. I am lucky that I hardly ever have to use a public toilet anyway so that I don't even have a mental list of establishments with small single user toilets that are used by all customers. Perhaps when I get older I will need to start a list of these!

I may not have right to answer this, but I'll say something.

Insofar, I've primarily limited my outings to a gay bar in town as a safety measure. I always use the women's room, when I go there. Perhaps this is odd, but when I hear GGs come in, I just stay put in the stall until they leave (which sometimes can be a lengthy while). It might be a little paranoid, but I worry that they might be put off by a guy (and I'm certainly not fooling anyone) in the women's room with them, so I just get very quiet and give them their space. A few times, I've been doing a quick wig / makeup check before leaving and they've walked in. As of yet, no issues, but I still get a little tense. As I understand it, a lot of straight women go to gay bars because they're trying to avoid guys, so . . . . .

As to more normal locations, I have been out in the general public either four or five times now; I can't completely remember. Not often, and with everything going on recently, I'd say it probably won't be happening again for a very long time. It was a tourist area at night with a lot of people meandering about. To date, I have not used a restroom at all in this situation. I do have one selected as a good possibility, should it become absolutely needed, as I have a medical condition that does result in more frequent restroom runs than most people (sometimes). It's well out of the way, and the adjacent men's room has always been deserted when I was in there. That said, this location has, at times, been closed off for private functions, which would of course be a bit of a problem if I had a situation going on. So, not fully ideal, but it still seems to be the best option. I don't really want to risk using a restroom at all in a general population area while I'm en femme, if it can be avoided, simply because I feel like neither option is particularly welcoming. So, I just try not to at all.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Ladies room when I am a lady.

when i 1st started dressing i was worried about using ladies, but i could never go into males room looking fem. . so about the third time i was in one a woman started a conversation with me. i couldnt ignore her so we chatted as i fixed my hair. it was a great .. i loved the feeliing of being accepted

Can I make a suggestion. If you are going to dress enfemme you might make it a habit to always use a stall and sit in the stall. I have seen new CDers go into a woman's Loo and enter a stall and just hike up the hem and stand facing the john. This is a clue to other woman that you are a mail because they see the heel of your shoes. By always sitting when in the john regardless of how you are dressed you will get into the 'proper' way of a lady.
    Woman do not spray or splash the seats either.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    When I am presenting as a woman I use the Woman's

Just remember to SIT DOWN.

No joke on the remembering to SIT DOWN. The first thing to give yourself away is the have your feet (heels) facing the wrong way. Definitely a give away as we all know you can see the feet of others in the stall next to you.

Every time I?ve gone out dressed even if I wasn?t super made up such as makeup etc. I?ve always gone into the restroom of how I?m dressed. I go in after watching closely from afar if possible and when I thought it was empty or at least one other was in and I knew it was a two or more stalls then I?d go ahead and enter. Get into the stall do your business and exit ASAP of course after washing your hands and checking your lipstick. Most of the time I?ve had the occasion to go I?ve usually been in a restaurant and usually one I?ve been in before so know their layout very well.

Plus the lipstick check is always necessary after eating. Food has a tendency to remove it even the everlast lip stains like I use. Their almost bulletproof until dining or having hot coffee or hot chocolate. My two cents later ladies.

Hi all,
    Like some of you, I avoid going to the restroom when practical. A trip to the mall would likely not be all that long for me so that issue has not come up yet. When going to bars (lgbt) I will have to go because I would be drinking and staying for a long time. Oddly enough I have only used the men?s room. I guess my upbringing makes me uncomfortable going into the women?s room. Anyhow I have probably gone out maybe 50 or 60 times to the 20 bars I have been to around the country. No one has ever said anything. I do always use a stall and sit. My last trip was to Piranha in Vegas and there was a long line. I was wearing my black sequin wrap mini dress. There is no way I would use a urinal. Haha. It was kind of funny actually because when it was my turn I just pointed to the stall.

Sandi