Thread: The word " Crossdressing ", may be outdated onDay

Aspiring Member

The word " Crossdressing ", may be outdated one Day

I have been noticing more and more Companies are making clothing that fits and suitable for both Male and Females, just recently I got Panties from Hanro without gusset lining and it describes Panties with " Crotch " with no lining, I got a bottle of Fragrance from Fredrick Malle for both Male and Female, I have been seeing Mens Pants with Flowers and Lace, the Workd is changing and I am wearing my Brassiere with Breastform more often outdoor, I seen pantyhose too with no control, who are all these things making for?? Imagine a World without dressing barriers, wear what you love, love what you wear.

With Trousers with"flowers &lace" wouldn't fancy my chances round here dressed in them!

Banned Read only
    No, fashion is cyclical.

Look at the late 60's men wore all kinds of lace, colorful, flowery, and dare I say feminine tops, high waist slacks, bell-bottoms, etc...

By the late 70's nobody wore anything like that.

Designers have released skirts and even dresses for men more than once.

Androgynous fashion and clothing is nothing new either...

There will always be "men's" and "women's" fashion and clothing.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 08-21-2020 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

Companies will always adapt to anything that can make them a profit.

I don't see the term disappearing anytime soon.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Oh fashion is cyclical. Look at the late 60's men wore all kinds of lace and colorful, dare I say feminine tops, bell-bottoms, etc...

By the late 70's nobody wore anything like that.

Androgynous fashion is nothing new either... There will always be "men's" and "women's" fashion.
    This exactly.

How I wish!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    And, maybe pigs will fly or it will rain and cool down into the 70's tomorrow here in SoCal!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 08-25-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    BTW: Pantyhose without a control top are made for women who don't want or need a control top, not men...

Banned Read only
    What Robertacd said.

If you think this is any trend toward "permanent change" and "gender convergence," I strongly advise you to get over it! I'm sorry, but it's wishful thinking! As Kipling famously remarked: "East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet." We can always have mutual respect, but we will never think or feel the same way. Similarly, there will always be differences between male and female clothing, because Nature dictates that there will .always be differences between males and females!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I've been waiting a long time for that. Not going to happen. But on the bright side, I have noticed that when I do get read there is much more acceptance and I have even heard kudos for the effort from gg SA's.

Banned Read only
    Liz,
    Saying that from the UK Flowerpower capital !

Bruce,
    Please answer why then do retailers and Online outlets still label " Womens " when looking at items .

I still feel the majority of men are reluctant to stray into a female clothes section for fear of what people might think and yet a woman can go and pick up a pack of Yfronts for her husband without a second thought .

I must admit the other day I noticed a wife in a wheelchair with her husband picking out items for her , I felt it was a lovely situation but also a difficult one , I guess over the years he'd been doing it he knew her likes and dislikes . Possibly slightly frustrating for her as she may have wanted the wear some the items she rejected , how could she still look good for him in a wheelchair ?

Don?t hold your breath...it ain?t gonna happen. At least around here. As Shelly said...it?s all about the 💰

No problem, I use to help choose my wife's clothes because she told me , I was better of choosing for her. Everyone complimented her for her style and no one knew it was me choosing for her. I have non problems buying clothes for myself in the girls department .
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

The word crossdressing may become outdated but not because men's and women's fashions are converging