Thread: 94 days and counting to my top surgery!

94 days and counting to my top surgery!

I Finally have a surgery date set, after more than two years of waiting and jumping through hoops, for my top surgery! November 24, 2020 will be the magical, transformative day for me! Whooo hoo! I should come out of it with a lovely 38-C set of boobs!

I also have my first surgeon?s consultation for my bottom surgery scheduled for early December, and I have been informed that Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) is actually prioritizing gender confirming surgeries right now, so hopefully the lower surgeries will take place in The first few months of 2021!

Very exciting. Time will seem to crawl for a while then suddenly it will be a few weeks and the time will fly congratulations
    On getting it scheduled

Best wishes for easy surgeries and full recoveries

Reality Check
    Best of luck. I hope it all works out for you.
    Krisi

Great, Ceera! I am so happy for you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Great to hear and congrats of your up coming surgery! I am sure you nervous and excited about it , I know I was has the date grew closer. I am breast aug done last October, if you have any questions feel free to PM me. I ended up C / full C cup size

Wow! Ceera for those as me that had been your journey is amazing to see how others achieve their dreams because is an inspiration and motivation for me too...

Good luck, the best wishes on those surgeries and please keep us posted on the evolution....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Thanks everyone! Now at 57 days to go, and wishing the time would fly by so I can get this over with.

Had one ‘speed bump’ to overcome. It took about a year and a half of interminable waiting in a queue, between getting my two doctor’s letters of approval to proceed with surgery, and getting the appointment. But my insurance wanted approval letters less than a year old! So I had to call the office that had issued my first set, and scheduled a 90 minute Zoom consultation to get them to produce a third letter for me. The doctor I spoke with was very nice, and saw that clearly nothing at all had changed, aside from my being even more set in living as a woman and wishing to proceed. If anything, certain aspects of my dysphoria have become stronger, making it even more appropriate for me to get the surgery. I had the new letter in hand in a week, at no out of pocket cost to me, and they said if I ran into a similar problem in December, when getting my bottom surgery consultation, they would be happy to issue a fourth letter for me, just as easily.

Arrangements have been made for my daughter and I to stay with my sister in law and her husband, a short distance from where I will have the top surgery. That sister in law will then drive me to the hospital, pick me up after I am released, and take me back to her home. I can stay as long as needed while convalescing. During that time, a lady who rents a room in our home will watch over our house and our pets for us, and when I come home, she and my daughter will continue to be available for after care. Similar arrangements will be made when it is time for my lower surgeries.