Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transition Update V. 2

Transition Update V. 2

It has been almost a year since I commented last on my transition. My life continues to evolve and I find myself doing things that I never expected to do.

I took all the courses to get certified as a Food Safety and Food Service Manager. As a result I get called on to do kitchen supervision and management. Before the pandemic I was asked to do a Tamale Fundraiser. Even though I had never made Tamales before my 50 volunteers made 5000 Tamales.
    Tamale Cook.jpg

During a week in Las Vegas I made a day trip to the Grand Canyon.
    Grade Canyon.jpg

I filled in for a Hispanic Pastor for a few weeks just before the pandemic.
    Preaching 2.jpg

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo kicked off about a week before Texas was shut down for the pandemic. I worked only one shift this season.
    Rodeo 2020 1.jpg

The pandemic has drastically changed my life and curtailed my activities. I have only had a few orders for baked goods to prepare and deliver. This picture is on the flyer that I include with every order.
    Pound Cake.jpg

If there is any interest in just doing life, feel free to post what you are doing in your transition. Please, no updates on HRT, breast growth, etc. in this thread.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 08-22-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Gosh Jeri Ann I was just thinking this morning of doing my own transition update! You are a beautiful women that is so encouraging and inspiring to all of us. I just love the last photo.

Banned Read only
    Jeri Ann,
    Thankyou so much for planting some of us in the RW , your thread is just what's needed sometimes .

Personally I'm disappointed my art group has been cancelled till next year , I admit that has been my true motivator in my social transition as you can see from my avatar . Only last night a GG friend invited me to an open air comedy show but I could reel off almost daily situations like you , the difference now it's not something special , something to dream about it's actually everyday life .

Glad you were able to do all those various activities! Oh, yeah and you look great!
    I am the opposite! I am "essential" and still working! I am just living my life day to day with the same old routine! I did get my nails done but they are overdue for being done again! I bought some new pearl earrings at the local Cato after they opened! I have gotten a large portion of my name change done and cleaned the house! Donation bag for SA sitting in my bedroom waiting for them to open! Yes, mostly boring stay close to home stuff! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    Thank you for sharing those precious moments with us. You look amazing and happy in all those photos, and it warms my heart.
    Despite being almost 3 years into transition, I just started ripping the real rewards of all those difficult steps I took to live openly, to do medical transition, electrolysis, to change the name, and gender marker. It feels so joyful to live in the moment.

Thanks girls for your kind words.

I post about my life because it might give hope and encouragement to others. Trust me, nothing has come easily for me but I have made it work.

Jeri

Thanks for posting and for all your hard work in this forum. I know you are helping and inspiring many people!! I've always said that the best thing we can when we transition is to thrive and you are doing that!!! Im super happy for you!!!
    I am real

You are doing many I interesting things - thanks for sharing (did not know you were a baker - very cool)

Hey Bridget, yes, I bake. Mostly I give it all away, every place I go. The doctor, dentist, car dealership, everyone gets my pies, cupcakes and cookies. I even brought Danny at the auto parts store an Apple Pie and he changed my engine air filter. I am going to call that ?female privilege.?

Michelle, when I transitioned I never dreamed that my life would take so many twists and turns. Never could I have imagined ?thriving? in a culture like the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. There are 35,000 redneck, conservative volunteers that produce the 23 day fundraiser. I even received an award the first year and nominated for another one.

I know quite a few trans women and everyone has a different story, we all live in our own reality. All of the trans women that I know survive and thrive.

Thanks jeri Ann for sharing your experiences and achievements. I thank you to invite us to show ours too.

I pretty soon, in my life as a transwoman, found that it was more than dress and go there dressed as pretty we can but to live a real life as a real woman in the real world that we live with the people around us.

For so long I'd thought that we all are different and there's nobody like me, not in the sense of being the best but individuality.

In my case, my main cenge from the beginning was to keep living a loving life with the woman that has loved me so far for 41 years.

Few weeks ago we had the opportunity to travel for 7 states doing what we love together, driving a lot of hours for no main freeways or highways but rural roads, sometimes secluded places, very well know monuments, parks and of course campgrounds. We live camping, hiking and outdoor life.

Interestingly this was as a consequence of covid19 because we have a licensed family child day care. Some parents took vacations while for coincidence a mom of two had to stay at hime for two weeks in quarantine for being in contact with a coworker that had some symptoms that later result just a flu but in a moment we found ourselves with two weeks without kids to watch that the agencies that pay for them would pay us too.

From souther California we travel to Lake Tahoe and stay in Carson city for two nights in an airbnb, then we travel to the east to Salt like city and spent a night in a camping on Antelope State Island Park, next day we drove to Teton Park passing by Jackson Hole and stay four days camoing in the wilderness at the side of the Gros Ventre River.

After that we were just a day on Yellowstone because it was so crowded and dangerous (people doesn't respect social distancing) and to be in crowded places, less now, is no our enjoyment.

Driving towards Devil's Tower we stay a night outside of the east enter of Yellowstone Park, pass for Cody, the famous city of Bufalo Bill, and at night we arrive at a camping called Devil's Tower View. Next day we spent half day hiking around this amazing structure made by nature millions of years ago.

That night we arrive at Mount Rushmore monument which visited the same day. Next morning we visited Crazy Horse, a similar monument that a guy start carving on the rock on the 1840's and his family still keeping the job today.

That night we arrive to Denver, Colorado and camling in the rockies mountains.

Next drive we drove around 600 miles to arrive at night and empty campground on the Gooseneck Park where we saw amazing views similar to the Vrand Canyon.

Next day we stop in Oljato monument Valley to do the same pics of the Forrest Gump movie, when Forrwst decide to run across the country, in the exact place, when flowed for a group he got tired and quit running. This was a funny and memorable le experience.

I did some collage because this web doesn't allow more than five pics and honestly we did hundreds of pics of this memorable two weeks trip for 7 states as California, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, South Dakota, Denver, Arizona.

Please don't think that thinks had been easy for us as a couple. When I decide to get in hormones I knew that was no other option for me in this life but I wanted to walk this path with my wife but without sacrificing her own life and expectations at the end kf our life together but it wasn't possible, she lost her husband but after these last 4 years she told to one of our sons, few days before this trip, that I'm a better person now.

One of her fears was the reaction ore rejection, discrimination from people and being in 7 different states was more than enough to see that there's a lot of good people in this world.

As an anecdote, one day we stop in a costco in Carson city and she told me to try a hat which I bought. When in the car wearing the hat she told me, you look great in that hat, so I ask her to clarify if I loom great as a guy or a woman that she answered using the right words in Spanish, you look pretty.

In these days I'm working for a government agency doing an every ten years survey, please don't mention it because I'm not sure if I can post a pic that show me doing it.

People is nice with me and I found a couple of times with sisters where I didn't know they were, and neighbors.

Thanks again Jeri Ann for this interesting thread and please ladies, post your adventures and achievements as transwomen.
    The world needs to know we exist, we're good people so may be in 20 or 30 more years yo talk about trans Leopold will be as to talk today about slavery.

Devi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Run Devi Run! LOL

Thanks for your update. Your pictures are so cool. I would love to do a road trip camping but I shouldn't do that alone. Maybe someday I will meet Mr. Right and do things like that.

I hope others will accept the invitation to post an update on their transition.

Thanks Jeri Ann, that's exactly what my daughter in law said, of course she used the Forrest name because legally my name still being David (courts closed, mt case sleeping, someone told me to su mutted online again and I did it yesterday) show since covid19 we haven't met with kids and their wives so some keep calling me just Dave, a combination, migration to Devi....lol
    See attached screenshot from our WhatsApp family group...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, everyone! I'm so happy to see everyone living such wonderful lives! I have been trying to sort out my course for transition and my life in the future the past few months so I haven't posted much except when I have a new poem to share. The Pandemic has slowed my job search considerably, but as I prepare to possibly start HRT soon, I have taken a much more active role in my life. I am on a strict diet to prepare my body for potentially imminent transition and this has been a powerful motivator for me. I know I wouldn't be working this hard on weight loss if transition wasn't on the table for me so deep down I think I know what I want despite my fears. I now take daily walks of at least 1.5 miles and drink lots of water. Here are a couple of shots of me just after my walk tonight:
    IMG_5465.jpg IMG_5466.jpg

Personally, I think I am getting a lot better with makeup.

Additionally (and I don't have any pictures of this to my everlasting shame) I have taken the lead of meal planning for my family over the past month or so and have produced many healthy balanced and innovative meals that both I and my family have thoroughly enjoyed. This week I'm thinking of testing out a pork cutlet pasta. I've never made it before but it sounds good and the last time I tried something new (Franks and Beans over mashed potatoes) it was a big hit with my family. I hope this one succeeds as well.

My family and I take drives every weekend. Here's a picture of me in the car from last weekend:

IMG_5463.jpg

Two weekends ago, my mom and I took our first ever (and of many I hope) girls' weekends to a town about two hours away called Fort Wayne. There were so many beautiful parks and I got some great walking in. I'll add the pictures I have of that weekend later but suffice it to say I had a wonderful time.

My relationship with my parents has been strong. Neither of them is at full acceptance or comfort with my transition but they are being far more respectful than they've ever been of my name and pronouns. I'm pretty much always Brianna and "she" to them now and they have said that they will probably be comfortable with me coming out to everyone in real life and social media soon. Socially, I am getting gendered female way more often and hearing "ma'am" "ladies" and I have even been invited by friends and strangers alike to womens' events such as a 19th Amendment celebration and a women's Bible study. It feels so wonderful to be accepted as my true self. Needless to say, this has had a strongly positive effect on my mental health and given me the energy and willingness to do more and be more active. Life is good, and that is not a sentence I have been frequently able to utter. I am taking my therapist's directive to work on my autonomy and running with it. It feels great!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorit View Post
    Gosh Jeri Ann I was just thinking this morning of doing my own transition update! You are a beautiful women that is so encouraging and inspiring to all of us. I just love the last photo.
    Dorit, you are welcome to add to this thread. It would be good to see what you have been up to.

Hi everyone! Life for me isn’t very exciting. I just wake up, go to work, eat, sleep, wash, rinse, repeat.

EXCEPT... I am currently participating in a virtual bike ride across Texas and am really having a good time! Cool thing about this virtual ride is some of the proceeds from the entry fee go to Texas Parks and Wildlife which maintains our state parks.

I’ve loved riding a bike since I was a little kid and have had an ongoing love affair with bicycles ever since.

The picture below was taken when my wife and I went riding at a state park about a month ago and I was able to log a few miles toward my virtual ride.
    IMG_6196.jpg

I’ve also recently picked up sketching and watercolor again but I’m afraid I’m out of practice so all I can do for now are robots and flowers.
    IMG_6687.jpg . IMG_6688.jpg i
    Last edited by IamWren; 08-29-2020 at 01:35 AM.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Read only
    IamWren,
    Nice combination of cycling and art .

As my dog ages and I know on borrowed time I'm tempted to take up cycling again and pack my sketch pad in my saddle bag when I finally lose her .

I am way past all of the legal, medical/surgical aspects of transition. I have even managed to get a new Birth Certificate from the State of Texas. Yeehaw! However, my life continues to evolve.

There are certainly new challenges to face, friends come and go and my perspective on life changes too. When I first transitioned I thought I would live in an apartment for the remainder of my life. Now I am looking for a house to buy. I have looked at about thirty so far.

One change that I never expected is the acceptance? confidence?, (I struggle finding the correct word) in myself. For all of my adult life it was important to look as pretty and feminine as possible. It was important to attend to every detail and be as convincing as possible. I look back and see that as insecurity on my part.

If I am going someplace that warrants looking my best I will do that, appropriate makeup, attire. Church will usually involve wearing a skirt, occasionally a dress. But, for me it was never about looking like a woman but doing life as a woman because I was a woman.

The huge game changer for me was getting to the point where I no longer needed to make an effort to look female because that's all I was, or could be, anyway. For a quick trip down the street to Home Depot, Walmart or grocery store I am more likely to not bother with any makeup just like most other women. This was the case last weekend I when I went to the store to pick up a few hurricane supplies. I do have some very subtle permanent eye liner but more and more I do not bother putting on makeup for short trips. My attire is likely to be more casual than it used to be also. The heat index will get to 115 degrees here in TX. In this picture am holding two of the most important hurricane essentials, cheap wine and batteries.
    Storm supplies.jpg

In 2005 I was in the evacuation of Hurricane Rita, the largest evacuation in history. It took 26 hours to get 100 miles inland. Fifty people died on the road because of the Texas heat as did horses, cattle and dogs. Never again do I want to experience that so I was preparing last weekend for an early evacuation for Hurricane Laura. After reserving a room in New Braunfels, TX, I unloaded my car so I could make room for evacuation necessities. It was full of tools for a project at Aunt Kelly's house. As it turned out, I didn't have to evacuate but I will always err on the side of caution.
    Tools.jpg
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 08-29-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Banned Read only
    Jeri Ann,
    I found some very interesting points in your reply .

Applying makeup etc. to look as feminine as possible . I took my daughter out shopping yesterday to an out of town store , we were caught out with a sudden downpour in the car park , I'd never been caught out like that before wearing my wig or makeup . I dreaded how I looked until I looked round to see many other women also in the same state , what a leveller that was . I had to carry on as I was with my daughter and she was obviously just as wet , it was a lovely moment . It takes time to decide what is appropriate to wear , looking back it was more of a fear of getting it wrong but in fact women really don't worry as much as I thought they would . I can't quite accept not wearing makeup at all even when walking the dog , for me it's more of a case of wanting to look less like a man rather more like a woman . I've also found it doesn't take long for people to accept you for that and see it as part of your identity .

I had to smile at your priority choices , only one bottle of cheap plonk , shame on you !!

Hey Teresa,

One extra large bottle should have been enough for me. I do not let Obi drink.

Hurricanes normally pass quickly and if the roads are not blocked you can get home quickly.

When you can't get back home quickly you keep going until there are supplies. Hurricane Rita (2005) kept us away for three weeks because of extensive damage and roads blocked by debris. Hurricane Ike (2008) kept our area inaccessible for two weeks. Hurricane Harvey became a rain event for four days setting rainfall records that isolated the area for two weeks because of high water.

So, you give it your best shot. In my case wine, Cheese, Peanut Butter, Crackers, Dog Food (for Obi). The wine did require a corkscrew.

Banned Read only
    Jeri Ann,
    A corkscrew , top of the list , I never go anywhere without my Swiss Army Knife , you never know when you might have to extract a stone out of your horse's hoof !

I must admit it did make me think about the priorities when faced with a situation like that luckily we don't get severe weather like hurricanes .

My 45 year old Swiss Army "Spartan" model will always be in my bug-out bag. The corkscrew and the nail file are essential for passing the time in emergency accommodations.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It seems I've recently moved from the dreaming or "what if" stage to the planning and action stage. About 4 months ago I started living full time and began coming out to those who have been close to me, but hadn't gotten the full story. Those who did know but hadn't spent any time with me in person have had that chance and it's given me a chance to do some thinking and education. The self outing led to over 60 new people who know me as Sarah and some sharing of the news beyond my limited control. There has also been a slow build of friends who are on both the old Dave and the Sarah facebook pages. Not merging them yet, but it's in the works. My endo has increased my Progesterone and breast growth is obvious as I'm at a solid B now and pleased by the evidence of my commitment to this path. I had a consultation with a surgeon for FFS and I'm looking for the funds to make that happen. In about 5 weeks I see another surgeon for a BA consultation. And last week I started the paperwork flowing for name and gender change.

There is a song that says, "We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there." I understand that at 71 years old and in the middle of a pandemic there are no guarantees other than I'm headed in the right direction. And that may be enough for now.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I found this picture this morning that was taken at a rodeo party last season. My hand is on Nanette?s shoulder. Nanette is the captain of our 74 member rodeo team. The guys in the picture are assistant captains and the women, including me, are wranglers. We problem solve, trouble shoot and provide security during our rodeo shift. We are on the Ticket Services Committee, Midway Division, Team 4. Over 100,000 people will buy tickets from us each day. Nanette and I have become good friends and yesterday I cooked a special dinner for her birthday.
    9ABA8790-D73F-4543-A4A8-3A4E9EEA0297.jpg

This picture includes another assistant captain who was taking the previous picture.
    D8CE2D27-1C4B-425D-BFC5-88EFFEEAD439.jpg

We are hoping that we can have a rodeo season this spring. Typically, over $25,000,000 dollars are raised each year for educational scholarships. So far, my experience in this very conservative, redneck culture has been positive.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 09-05-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Jeri Ann, i want to take the freedom of asking something personal but as personal experiences we share here, I think is one of the thing every woman think, at least a bit even getting older more a transwoman that missed many things in life, so how about any game with cupid?

Seeing you surrounded for those cowboys, being in contact with so many people and being attractive as you are, I think you're missing that important part on your story and I believe it would be fair to know something about it.

After all, every woman has that intimate desire to attract someone in a way more than just a friend.....

Hey Devi,

Yes, I seem to be attractive to men. I have been hit on several times. And, I hope to meet ?Mr. Right? someday. However, I am not promiscuous nor am I desperate to ?try out the equipment.?

There are a few men who are very attracted to me but they are not available and I refuse to be the other woman. I have had a few dates but they were very casual.

Before the pandemic changed things, I actually had thought that I would go on an extended cruise by myself and possibly meet someone.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 09-05-2020 at 11:23 AM.