Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transition Update V. 2

Banned Read only
    Jeri Ann,
    I'm not using this an excuse to pry but I'm not sure of your age , no matter . At 69 and soon to be divorced friendship is all I'm looking for , I really don't need complications at the moment . Like you I can fill my daily life and then I'm quite content to curl up by the woodburner with a glass of wine and my old labrador by my feet in the evenings . If you've never been on a cruise before , I can recommend them . If you recall I'm hoping to take one around the British Isles next year depending on the Covid situation .

I will add I think you look amazing , many thanks for sharing these moments with us .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-06-2020 at 07:06 AM.

I will be 70 two months from today.

I refuse to let age get in the way of making the most out of my life. My mom was born in 1917 and passed in 2017. She stopped driving when she was 96. Chances are I have some time left. I also believe that it is never too late for love. I am very independent and do not need someone but, it would be nice to share life with the right person.

Oh, and thank you for your kind words.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 09-06-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Banned Read only
    Jeri Ann,
    My mother looks like she's follwing in your mom's footsteps , she's 91 and still drives , today being Sunday she'll be cooking lunch for my sister and myself . It's only in the last few years she still held down three jobs , she makes us laugh when she talks about " Old people " . I hope I still have all my marbles if I make her age .

As for cruising obviously I'm closer to the Med which I love and have cruised it several times , it was a lovely way to arrive in Venice also a wonderful way of visiting the Baltic countries and St. Petersberg .

When people say they don't like cruising , I question , " What's not to like ? "
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-06-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Teresa, I'm one of those that's not into cruising for two reasons, my wife really scaries abiut being in a ship and have a storm or something like that and second, when I was a teenager did a lot of life on the beach, scuba diving, swimming, etc. Im from a country with may be more sea coast than other in the world and after all we like more having our feet on the firm soil, as mountains, camping, trekking, etc and being between more people in restaurants, clubs, dancing or even swimming pools is not our thing.

I will probably die not being in a cruise and I feel I lose nothing. I think I would feel bored in a cruise....with the same amount of money we can have a lot more fun than being served the whole day.

Our vacations look more fun driving, exploring by our own, no crowded small towns, villages, looking for secluded places to camp, rivers, lakes, mountains, etc.
    Mho

Devi
    Last edited by Devi SM; 09-06-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Read only
    Devi,

May I ask does your wife fly ? The reason I ask is ships are still far safer than planes . I've done all the action stuff myself , skiing , scuba diving etc. . On board life is far from boring , my Baltic Cruise meant exploring a new city everyday . One of my Med cruises took us to visit the Pyamids then onto the Valley of the Kings , Luxor and finally Petra in Jordon , I don't take cruises to laze around all day and be waited on , I take them to explore providing you choose the right ones . After a day exploring , it's great to settle on deck with a cool drink and catch up with friends , then get dressed up for a good meal and finally take in one of the shows .

Like I said , "What's not to like ? " But each to their own , perhaps don't knock it if you've never tried it !
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-06-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Seriously? This thread about transition has turned into a discussion about methods of travel, excursions and vacation activities? I mentioned wanting to go on a cruise to possibly meet someone as part of my transition and all of a sudden this thread is off the rails. I really do not want to take time to delete or edit out the stuff that has nothing to do with the op or transitioning. Please stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post

I refuse to let age get in the way of making the most out of my life. My mom was born in 1917 and passed in 2017. She stopped driving when she was 96. Chances are I have some time left. I also believe that it is never too late for love.
    I rememner when I got 50, I was scaried because those 50 flew away like nothing and think to myself,, how many more years i will live, lucky to 70? So next 20nyears will pass as and exhalation.
    I didn't even dream about transition, then I saw transitions as yours, Dorit and others and decide it was for me.

I'm 61 in few days, my dad is 93, is in the hospital for a neumonia and I thought he was done but is responding pretty good and is out of ventilator now.

Bein myself life is very rich and without that obsessive life I had before looking but never finding so im not afraid of het old to the nineties being myself on freedom....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I refuse to let age get in the way of making the most out of my life.
    Jeri Ann, you do not look a day over 50! It seems that for many older transsexual women the end result of transitioning is that twenty years are erased from their age. I know two others, besides us. It is a wonderful gift to us as we get to experience womanhood fully and not just as "seniors."

Dorit, thank you for your sweet words. I wish I was fifty again, or even sixty.

I know of a person who transitioned at eighty. She held out as long as she could but decided that even one day as herself was better than continuing to act like someone she wasn't.

Jeri Ann you are inspiriation

I'm 10 yrs behind you and what you are saying resonates very much . I REFUSE to be "this age"... lol... i recently said at a gym "at my age...." and i almost puked...

I recently got a huge complement from my daughter who was bemoaning going to "the club" with my ex and her family..."they are so old" she said..

I said they arent older than me and she said. yeah but you don't act old...
    I am real

Banned Read only
    Kaitlyn,
    I feel that says it all , " Yeah but you don't act old " .

I often think that's a trap retired people drop into , which one has the most aches and pains , they talk themselves old . OK I still get aches and pains but who do I complain to ? Age is something else people need to think about when they send you birthday card , " How old is Terri ? no she can't be !! "

A friend recently commented... "It's kinda weird - being the same age as old people."
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Kelly,

I feel like that a lot sometimes!

Allie

This is Sarah King who is a film director. She is doing a documentary about a friend of mine, DJ who transitioned about the time I did. Sarah and Mateo, her camera man, drove from California to Houston to get more footage for the feature length documentary. Sarah and Mateo came over to interview me for part of the story. Sarah is holding my room mate Obi. We had dinner and consumed several bottles of wine.

Documentary.jpg

Aspiring Member
    Dorit, thank you for your sweet words. I wish I was fifty again, or even sixty.

I know of a person who transitioned at eighty. She held out as long as she could but decided that even one day as herself was better than continuing to act like someone she wasn't.
    At almost 50, it’s a nice change of perspective to my typical “oh s!?$, I’m almost 50!!!!”. I’ll try to keep it in mind.

Banned Read only
    Jeri Ann,
    I think thats wonderful to be part of that story , will you be featured ?

I assume Obi remained sober or does he have an expensive taste in wine ?

Sarah said that she plans to include maybe five minutes of the film to me as part of DJ?s story. Sarah talks about doing another documentary about my story if she can get funding. She wants me and Obi to drive to CA this Fall and stay with her for a while. We certainly would continue talking about the project then.

DJ is an amazing person and her story warrants telling. There is a trailer that can be found on the internet if you Google ?Our Dad Danielle.?

Obi doesn?t get adult beverages. Sarah was holding him to keep him quiet and still during the filming. The picture is a frame from the video.

Btw, the wine in my glass is Agave wine mixed with lime juice. It?s a Texas thang.