Thread: Life is good

Life is good

Hi all. I haven't posted my own post since this past March. A lot has happened for me and my family sense then so a little update.

As I've posted here I had emergency surgery the beginning of October 2019 and diagnosed with Nureoindoctren Tumor Disease. A large cancer tumor in my small intestines was removed along with 6 or 7 inches of my small intestine. Doctor told me if you have to have cancer I had the best kind. It is very slow growing and spreading. During the surgery three small tumors were missed. So just had my 10 month checkup. The treatment I am recieving is a once a month synthetic hormone shot that does not get rid of the cancer but prevents is from growing and spreading. Long story short cancer has not grown or spread so I will be a survivor and continue this treatment for the rest of my life and testing and seeing the doctor every six months. Life is good.

Now I previously also stated after first visit with my cancer doctor and he said I was going to live my wife who is accepting and supportive of my feminine side and dressing had several long talks. She stated "my dressing was not that big of a thing". We had some boundaries we both agreed with but I had alot of freedom in my dressing. Well out of the blue she told me to wear what I wanted when and where I wanted and if she had a problem we would talk about. Boundaries GONE, except two, she didnt want me wearing heels around her and my boobs couldnt be bigger than hers. This was back in January. Then the virus hit, both a curse and a blessing.

The curse of course is the virus. The blessing? Well since January I have been dressing at some level of femininity almost every day. At a minimum it was panties, silky bralette and camisole under skinny fem Jean's and T or blouse with flats or my girlie tennis shoes. I have been out day and at night by myself. First time my wife said I'll go with you I said OK, let me change real quick. I almost hit the floor when she said "No, no, you look just fine. Acceptance? I am blessed to have my lady in my life.

So my dressing is no big thing, I can wear what I want where I want and I love my wife to death.

Platinum Member
    Your wife is a gem. Congratulations on picking the right cancer
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Always nice to hear good news,,,,,,
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

My bet is you fighting cancer made her rethink her priorities. Cross dressing seems fairly minor compared to cancer!

Pumped, you are so right. It made me and my wife realize we are important for each other and love each other even with warts

Sidney, You are one very fortunate person, the cancer is under control and your wife is a real gem. Yes, I agree, she knows your dressing is small potatoes considering what you were both through.
    Give your wonderful wife a hug from us.
    Crissy

Seems like your wife is more concerned about your welfare, than what you wear!

Treasure her, as she treasures you.

Good luck and good health with your treatment!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Exploring the Rabbit Hole TillyCambiare's Avatar
    Double congratulations. Nothing like live threatening illnesses to put stuff in perspective.

Tilly

What a great story Sidney. I have acceptance in my life as well and I?m so glad it didn?t take a disease such as cancer to make it happen. I?m happy you?re a survivor. Now live that life to its fullest!
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Reality Check
    Well that's great. Best of luck with your cancer treatment.

"Going out", are you fully presenting as a female? Wig, boobs, hips? Makeup, jewelry and a purse?

I wish my wife would go out with me as Krisi, even if we had to drive to another city. Maybe someday.
    Krisi

You are lucky, as am I but my wife is somehow hung up on breasts. She will not touch me if I have breasts and especially will not hug me. Issue? Not too much but it would be a really big deal for me if she did. In the mean time, enjoy the freedom your loved ones allow you! Many do not have it as good as us.

Kristi let me try to explain me. I hate labels but sometimes they are needed to explain yourself. I consider myself nonbinary. What does that mean for me, I'm comfortable as male or female although I believe my fem side is more appealing than my male side. I like both of me. Around the house I wear any female article of clothing I want, dresses, shirts and tops, short shorts, skinny Jean's, panties,bras, bracelets, camisoles, fem shoes etc. However I do not desire to wear wigs or makeup. When I venture out as Sidney on a typical day in the summer I wear panties, bralette, camisole, skinny female jeans, and not to overly fem top with with either ladies sandals, flats or wedges with no socks. I have a 50+ year mustache that I love so it's not going anywhere. I suppose to some I present a confusing appearance. Most people simply dont care and I have only had three negative problems in maybe ten years. The positive comments by far out weigh the negative. People simply dont care for the most part. If you want to continue conversation PM me.

I guess it is actually no surprise a major life event like cancer can put other things into perspective. I have a similar story as I had bowel cancer surgery in 2016. It was caught early, was non-invasive, and all my follow-up colonoscopies and blood tests have been perfect. But it did make myself and my wife realise in the big picture of things my crossdressing was not such a big issue as we had viewed it before.