Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally!!! Name and gender marker change on court...

Finally!!! Name and gender marker change on court...

I submitted paperwork for changing name and gender at the superior court of California on March exactly before they closed for Covid 19.

As I was waiting and waiting I tried to get info from the court but they still postponing the closure.
    I start to try to find out other ways and ask for some help at the court itself and they told me to submit electronic by Esubmit because many people from court was working from home and many no urgent cases as mine would keep sleeping physically because they may be weern't input in the system.

I did it but five times was rejected for different reasons, the first because I forget to sign, silly me!.
    Then there was a couple of paper missing that I didn't know, then they told me it belonged to a different court, so I did submitted to the right one but using the address from the previous, then there was one signature missing in other section, etc.

So finally today I received that the whole package was accepted, fee waived approved from court and now to wait the normal legal time of 6 weeks.....

I'm so excited and happy.

Living as a woman with a man's id and picture with the wrong gender wasn't longer barely....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Devi SM; 08-26-2020 at 05:21 PM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Congratulations for working with the system!! So happy you found a way to make it work for you.

Congratulations Devi! I'm so happy for you!

Platinum Member
    At last you have all that behind you!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    Congrats! I feel guilty/lucky it took me 10 days total. One attorney provided completed samples of forms for free. All I had to do is to change info. I am happy that I followed the suggestion to request the record to be sealed based on being transgender and it was approved. This way, you don't need to run the add in the local newspaper.

Thanks everybody so far for your kind words, they worth a lot to me.

Katya, I don't know where you are from but in california is not required to publish in the news.

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! I know how frustrating waiting can be! Now your work starts on changing everything! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I am happy for you, another step in transition, it certainly makes life easier.

Congrats Devi, now the work starts but now you have the tools.

Banned Read only
    Devi,
    I'm so pleased for you .

Officialdom does make my blood boil on ocassions , I sometimes wonder if the people that work in those offices have feelings or emotions , don't they ever stop to think how can help this person out when the error is so minor .

I thought my divorce was running smoothly , weeks passed and then the paperwork came back saying I'd failed to tick a box recognising my wife's signature and it might mean I start all over again ! Weeks passed again but I was lucky the paperwork confirmed all done and finished mid September . Nearly six months in a lockdown was really better than I expected .

Then I can consider official name changes .

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Congratulations. I’ve loved watching your progress. You’re truly an inspiration.

Well, I don't want to ruin the party. It looks like some of you just read the title but not the whole story and I'm an expert story teller but too long....so people get bored...

They haven't approved the changes.
    They just approved the reception and waive the fee but nothing should go wrong now.

After waiting 5 months to wait 6 weeks for me is motive of celebration.....because I didn't feel to close to get it done before....

Thanks to everybody for your support....

Devi

Well damn, I misunderstood. And I used to grade papers. LOL However, still good news that it has been accepted and paid for.

Details will drive you nuts. It took three tries to get my US passport.

It took two attorneys, two court orders and three attorneys to get my Birth Certificate because of one word.

Thanks Jeri Ann for your replies, I'm always curious about them but this time, omg! Three attorneys? And to do things worse I'm a naturalized us citizen so my .I've will go to uscis to request a new certificate of naturization....who said this would be easy? But as least someone someday somewhere will thank that we're opening new roads....i love it! I was traveling for seven states thinking how it was fornthe pioneers to travel for this cruel lands without AC or fresh water, well we're doing the same on dried and endured minds and dried hearts....

Aspiring Member
    Devi - just FYI, it costs $555 to replace Certificate of Naturalization. I think this is the most expensive document to update the name and/or gender on.
    I am in the process of changing mine. You can submit the form online, pay online, then mail the original, and then wait for possible interview/approval. This is where I am.
    Katya

Platinum Member
    Hi Devi , I have been following you for the past five years and you you have made so much progress on your Journey .

May your new life paths be covered with Rose Petals & Sunshine, >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Great news!

They told me to submit online and after 6 weeks I would get the court decree. Submitted on August 27th and on the week 7th I went to the court, that still closed, and the deputy sheriff at the entrance told me to call to a phone number with all the short cuts to finally talk with a "human". After 45 minutes a human answered the call and transfer me to the civil causes court and the clerk told me that my decree was in the mail that day. The next day I received in my mailbox. In the envelope there was 3 certified copies oi the decree, with a red seal stamp in the back.

I can't describe the excitement, nervousness I feel when I open and read my real name and gender....

I'm officially and legally Devi San Martin!

The next day, I sent in an envelope one of those copies, my passport and, of course!! the application for name correction.

I want to post a thread in the crossdressers section pics and videos going deeper in the meaning of this event in my life that goes exactly after finish working for the Census Bureau that gave me a lot experience talking with all kind of people in a daily basis.

I was working before as an Uber driver and then was the time I started full time living as I meant to be. I remember how nervous I was the first time I drove a passenger, imagining all kid of things. I was lucky that passengers that day were just women and just one guy.
    I worked around a year for Lyft and Uber and gave me a lot of confidence but people were just mere passengers and many didn't care who the driver was.

I live two terrific experiences, once with a guy making sexual proposals and even offered me $200 just to stay with hin 15 minutes.
    The vulnerability and inexplicable fears I felt that time was horrible. When I got home I wanted to hide it to my wife but it was impossible and I ended telling her the whole story and crying as any woman would had done.

To work for Census gave me other kind of experiences. Facing people, talking every day with all kind of people, some people obviously read me when I open my mouth, that was all the time, but just once I had a time that double checked my male name in my badge and realize I was a man, dressed as a woman, at least that's what I think, afer all his answers he added the word man' like trying to scratch in my face my masculinity but I just ignore it.

Now, the change of my name has finally opened a new door to start my own business, a business where I will have to close sales at a level of owner or GM of hotels.

I know my voice is treating me a bit so fortunately, in the place where I got the electrolysis treatment, they have a therapist of the voice and arre trying my health insurance approve it, if not I'll try to out of pocket improve my voice.

As I mention at the beginning, the excitement is overwhelming. As HRT has great effects in the emotional, more than the physical, the name change opens, in my case, a huge range of possibilities that I can't wait to move forward.

I don't regret all the fears, night without sleep when I took the decision to tell the truth to my wife, the life before that, was a huge, enormous lie.

That is great news! Congrats, Devi San Martin! So happy for you! Hugs Lana Mae Walshaw
    Life is worth living!

Congratulations on this significant milestone, Devi.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Congrats on this good news! It is very exciting to here these stories of Name change and gender marker. In the next year I will be going thru the same so it gives me hope.

Hi Devi San Martin,

Congratulations!

Marion

Thanks for all your congratulations, I'm very happy.

Update:

After 2 weeks of sent application for name change, the original of the passport, and court decree, I received the original back in the mail, after that, like 4 weeks, yesterday I received in the mail then new SS card.
    Before I had done the process to apply and upload all required for change name and gender as well the new Real Id at the DMV website, so today I drove to the nearest office there, a lady, the clerk told me I was lucky because not too many people and in less the 30 minutes including the waiting time, process of verification of every document uploaded with the originals i bring and picture taken, I was outside of the DMV office, so happy excited and satisfied with the temporary document they gave me with my new name and sex female.....

Doesn't it just feel great and so right! I am so happy for you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Great news Devi! Your goal is within sight
    Marie