Thread: Uplifting Experience

Uplifting Experience

Last Sunday my wife and I got all dressed up and went to have lunch at a favorite restaurant. While eating an older lady came up to our table and placed a hand on my shoulder. I almost died because this has never happened before. She apologized for interrupting our lunch and then said she just had to tell me how well I had done in putting my outfit together and you look gorgeous. I sat there stunned and finally managed to say thank you. She walked on toward the exit. Ad she left I looked over at my wife and she had a huge grin on her face. When I asked why she replied, It's nice when you get complimented isn't it and then she asked if I needed to go check my panties. Evidently I had the deer in the headlights look when she laid her hand on my shoulder. My wife told I handled it well. All said it had me floating around in a happy cloud all afternoon.

Rachel, Wonderful that you had that experience and that your wife is so supportive!
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    That was a lovely experience indeed.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That must have been so nice for you
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Funny how when a woman does that no one bats an eye. But, if it had been a man? These days you'd call the cops!

As long as I can remember I've put my hand on both men's and women's shoulders while talking with them without a thot. But, after nearly getting my head ripped off a couple of times recently?

I've stopped doing that to ALL women! Even if I know them well
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am happy for you to have had this experience. An unsolicited compliment, especially from a woman, is great.
    Hugs, Carole

That's great! Thanks for sharing.

(And I probably would have had to check my panties!)

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Funny how when a woman does that no one bats an eye. But, if it had been a man? These days you'd call the cops!
    As long as I can remember I've put my hand on both men's and women's shoulders while talking with them without a thot.
    ..without a thought FROM YOU. I completed your sentence for you .

But, after nearly getting my head ripped off a couple of times recently?
    .. And this shows you how the other person feels about it. Maybe some were having the thought all along! . Maybe if you would have had the thought and asked them.. .

I've stopped doing that to ALL women! Even if I know them well
    Well done! . And plenty of women would appreciate that .

You can't fake oppression, Doc. Nice try though!

( Just a quick aside: I hate getting unpromptedly touched. By anyone: During conversations, being ushered to move, contact jokes, being hair-brushed by someone passing a on row of seats behind me 😒.. ( passing me on the same row is OK - I can brace myself for that. Or if I see the person approaching behind me, I can either stand up or lean forward ). I have never done the shoulder thing - only handshakes and handover contact ).

Good job to the OP in the restaurant though! .

- L.
    Last edited by Di; 08-28-2020 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Let?s not take it there per the rules tks

You wanna talk about unwanted touching, try being a drag queen! But yes, most women don’t appreciate being touched by strangers.

But back to the OP, compliments are always nice!

Your story demonstrates the absolute goodness of people, individual people. Not groups of any kind, not religions, not governments, not so-called communities, but actual individual people. I have had many similar experiences and they are to be treasured. Thanks for sharing that!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    You wanna talk about unwanted touching, try being a drag queen! But yes, most women don’t appreciate being touched by strangers.

But back to the OP, compliments are always nice!
    I never did that to strangers. Even strange men! THAT IS truly aerogant and aggressive
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wow that?s a great story to share and cudo?s to your wife for supporting you as well. It?s so wonderful to be able to enjoy things with someone that?s accepting and loving as well. Congratulations on your event.

That made your meal taste all the better too I bet, or at least you didn?t need to order desert. You had you cake and ate it too with the woman?s comment and your wife?s as well.

Rachel, That is a wonderful story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Although I’m happy for you that you got a nice compliment, Rachel, being touched by a stranger during a time when we’re all supposed to be practicing social distancing due to a worldwide pandemic seems like sheer folly.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-07-2020 at 10:07 AM. Reason: No, not going there.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!