Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps third time lucky

Perhaps third time lucky

I was sat the other day in our front room, minding my own business, playing seduku on my tablet, dressed in a skirt and tee shirt when I heard the sound of ladders clanking. Realising it was the window cleaner I quickly exited the room to cover up then to return back to my seat and wait for him to finish. Knowing he was just about done I found my wallet so I could pay. I only had a twenty, the bill being ten and he didn't have any change.

"Give me a minute" says he, "I'll get some change". Anyway he returns empty handed saying he'll come back later which he's done before so no issue for me.

So I settle back into my seat in the front room and remove my joggers which up to now have been covering up my skirt. Back to seduku and not really concentrating on anything going on about me. Well I hear the porch door open which makes me think delivery driver as these days with covid it's drop and dash. Well next thing I know there's the window cleaners face at the window mouthing, "Your change is in the porch". He must have seen me, certainly my bare legs and this is for the second time.

Years ago while working from home I used to regularly dress for the day and one day, I was in a denim shirt as I recall I heard a noise from one of the front bedrooms and went to investigate and yes, there at the window at the top of his ladder was the window cleaner.

So that's twice now. Perhaps there'll be a third time and I'll be fully enfemme, who knows but for now I'll just have to front it out next time he calls.

Did make me jump though!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I do feel for you , you know it's the limit in your current circumstances , I'm sure the widow cleaner has seen it all before but you won't want your wife knowing what has happened .

I know it's little consulation to you you but it's a nice feeling all that is behind me now , just today I shopped with my daughter and had lunch out .

Banned Read only
    Why would you hide from the window washer?

It does happen.
    I was once wearing my favorite denim skirt(in my profile pic) and a t-shirt, bra and forms while plating a video game, totally into the game and very comfortable.
    I had ordered takeout and when the knock came on my door, without thinking about what I was wearing, I opened the door to get my order and sign the credit card slip.
    All the delivery girl said was , "I really like your skirt." I thanked her as I turned about six shades of red, gave her a nice tip, took the order and closed the door.

I'm sure everyone at the restaurant got the full story, but at that point, what could I do?
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Banned Read only
    Here's that old George Formby song, 1936 version: When I'm Cleaning Windows...". Banned by the BBC, so I hear, despite being a favorite of the Royal Family. Still, those folks must appreciate window cleaners, when they have so many windows to clean!

(Mind you, "Auntie" BBC would ban anything, even the Cougars' guitar version of the finale from Swan Lake, presumably because they titled it Saturday Nite at the Duck Pond. And for what? "Disrespecting" Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky? Some people are seriously humor-impaired!)

EDITED to add:

I know this is irrelevant, but I like to get my facts right if possible. If Wikipedia is to be believed, it seems the BBC's reason for banning Saturday Nite at the Duck Pond along with some other works was due to "distortion of melody, harmony and rhythm" in the original. This is unbelievable! Does that mean they should ban, say, Vaughan Williams's Fantasia on Greensleeves for similar reasons, or Benjamin Britten's Variations and Fugue on a Theme of Purcell, famously known as A Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra? As if music wasn't meant to be creative!

Getting back to window cleaning. it also seems the version of Formby's song they banned was a slightly later version from around 1941, presumably this version here. The snotty Lord Reith called it a "disgusting little ditty," despite Queen Mary's enjoyment of it.
    Last edited by Marianne S; 08-28-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Helen, You have window cleaners, is that common? Next thing you will be talking about is the chimney sweep.
    Crissy

Either that or UPS or Fedex
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 08-29-2020 at 02:46 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before yours.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's so dangerous dressing at home!

When u don't care if you're caught or not-------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Crissy,
    Are you saying you dont have window cleaners ? We have two in our road--come about once a month.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    Helen, You have window cleaners, is that common? Next thing you will be talking about is the chimney sweep.
    And why not? If you have a fireplace and use it frequently, the chimney will need sweeping now and then.

I suspect whether one has window cleaners is more a British (or possibly a "European") thing. Denser population leads to building upwards to conserve land. So more two-story (excuse me, "storey") houses as opposed to one-story "ranch" style homes with a bigger footprint found in North America, Australasia and other places where population is sparser, land more plentiful, and houses can afford to spread out sideways. More "tall" homes require someone to get up on a ladder to clean upstairs windows. Hence more "professional" window cleaners.

Banned Read only
    Marianne,
    I always clean my own windows which is easy as I live in a bunglow , besides on a nice day it's way to catch the sun . I also have a set of chimney sweep brushes if I want to sweep my chimney .

Ladders aren't allowed now on health and safety issues so windows cleaners have telescopic poles with wash brushes connected to small electric pumps . The problem is sometimes they aren't aware all the widows are closed . I was in the art room when I heard a swooshing sound , the next thing I know is the window cleaner has soaked my shoes because he hadn't checked the window was shut . " Professional window cleaner and shoe washer !! "

Window cleaners are not allowed ladders --better tell our two then.........

Banned Read only
    Hey Teresa, that's funny!

But... ladders "aren't allowed" on "health and safety" grounds? Gee, what happens if you need a new roof? They can't exactly "spray" one on from telescopic poles! Do you all just sit there and let the rain pour in? It will soak more than your shoes! I don't know what this wimpy, degenerate society is coming to, with all this nervous-nellyism, what with children being told it's "too dangerous" to paddle in the sea and similar stories I've read in the news. In the British Daily Mail especially. Speaking of children, here's one that particularly struck me:

How children lost the right to roam in four generations,
    Last edited by Marianne S; 08-29-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Love these posts... haha... I have changed countless times waiting for deliveries and so on, so as to be “presentable” when they arrive. I was relating such a story to my therapist the other day and she asked, “oh, why did you change for the _____ person?” I laughed and realized it was a great question and great point.... I guess the fact that delivery folks know your actual true identity is one factor ... I mean your name is on the package, pizza receipt etc... and you have no idea how they will react. Can’t wait till I retire and no longer GAF....
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Banned Read only
    Liz,
    I still remember the sight of a local window cleaner with his special ladder slung over one shoulder with the bucket tied to the one end riding his bike from one job to the next . Nowdays I can't recall seeing a window cleaner using a ladder , they risk a long hose strung down the road from a pumped tank in the back of a van . It is health and safety gone mad as I saw a cyclist fall over when trying and ride over the hose snaking across the road .

Marrianne,
    Some professions obviously still use ladders , I must admit I still carry the scars of falling off mine a few times , one in particular being scary as I don't remember how it happened . One moment I was stepping on the top rung the next thing I remember was picking myself up off the ground with an arm gashed down to the bone , it was a very hot day all I can think is I passed out at the top .

My window cleaner still uses a ladder but he does have a sidekick to foot the ladder if required.

As others have said couriers are the other big callers these days. I was in what I call pfbf (partly femme+bra & forms) (partly femme = skirt and tee) when couriers called the other morning to pick up a return when I was expecting them to call in the afternoon. So forms out, one handed un-doing of the bra and a quick pull on of joggers and fleece before answering the door. Batman or superman couldn't have done it quicker, years of practice I suppose.

I enjoyed reading about your experience. I had a similar experience. I was fully dressed, sitting on our back porch reading when I heard a noise that sounded like a lawn mower. It was our lawn treatment guy. He drove by, smiled and waived. I waved back. It was too late to leave, but it gave me quite a start. I did wonder what he thought. Oh well..

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I'm finally getting round to extending a paved area , replacing the fencing and building a pergola . I heard the delivery driver off-loading , apparently he'd been told I would be out . I had to catch him because I wanted the materials placed in the garage while the current storms pass over , he wasn't phased at all by me in my striped Tshirt and tight jeans , full makeup and wig . We soon had it all off-loaded and stored away apart from sending the wrong post holders and the gate missed off the order , OK one slight downside he was the sort that calls everyone " Mate " more of a habit then anything personal . It now means I have a trip to TP to pick up the gate and the relacement post holders , I've known the SAs for many, many years but it's not going to be a problem .

Banned Read only
    Ouch, Teresa, falling off a ladder is no fun!

So far I've been lucky. I've been up and down a ladder many times, but haven't fallen off yet. (Cross fingers!)

When out in the real world I am somewhat obsessed with looking for guys wearing skirts. I have only seen one or two over many years. I have seen a lot of guys who I THOUGHT were wearing skirts only to realize on further inspection that they were in fact wearing shorts.

This makes me think that unless it was an excessively frilly skirt the guy probably just assumed at a glance that it was shorts you were wearing.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Liz,
    I must admit I still carry the scars of falling off mine a few times , one in particular being scary as I don't remember how it happened . One moment I was stepping on the top rung the next thing I remember was picking myself up off the ground with an arm gashed down to the bone , it was a very hot day all I can think is I passed out at the top .

Teresa,

Question, was the ladder still standing or had it come down with you?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    My ladder was propped securely alongside my arched porch , I was working on a circular widow above the porch , I'd just picked up my tools and recall putting one foot on the ladder , the next recollection was picking myself up off the tamac drive , my arm had caught a low brick wall . The ambulance arrived and I met it at the bottom of the drive with my arm wrapped in a towel , I tried to convince her I was OK but she insisted I still get checked over as I couldn't assure her I hadn't bumped my head besides my arm needed stitching up and I'd obviously had a blackout for some reason .

I admit I'm not quite so confident on ladders anymore as I had no definite explanation why the accident happened .

Silver Member
    To avoid possible broken bones, I don't use a ladder any more at age 86. I never fell from one, though.

Despite being an old paratrooper I hate using a ladder to get up on the roof of our house to clean the gutters, solar panels, etc. If a ladder is securely attached then I'm okay, but if it's just leaning against the building I'm sure the bottom is going to kick out just as I'm reaching the top!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Fortunately, my windows fold in for cleaning, so no wind cleaner required.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".