Thread: Strangest experience and the fear going out the first time dressed.

Strangest experience and the fear going out the first time dressed.

Well it was about 1995 and a really good GG friend of mine said let?s get you all dressed up and go out for a night in the town. I?d gone out driving around by myself on many occasions but had never gone out with someone else involved or to a show or restaurant to eat or anything.

Anyway she kep on and finally said I?ll help you with your makeup and let?s go out on the town. I laughed started feeling nervous but said let?s go. So I had a nice outfit dress 4? heels and she did a fabulous job on my makeup. Then we headed out to a gay club in Louisville Ky called Connections to go see the drag show at midnight. I?d never been there before and it was great. They had done really beautiful female impersonator?s there one in particular was married his wife was there too and he was more beautiful than his wife. She was sitting at the table beside us and we chatted for quite a while. She said he made fabulous money doing it and never dressed at home just for shows. She always went along to support him and keep other men from trying to take her man away from her. Lol her husband was really beautiful and was also petite like 5?4? if I remember right. Anyway I loosened up and we all had a great night. Well around 2:30 we decided to leave so I thought to go back home.

Well I started getting scared again as she suggested she was hungry and let?s go get something to eat. So we end up at a Denny?s restaurant around 3am the place was packed. I?m almost sweating as we walk in. My GG friend is only 5? tall and I?m like 6?4? with the heels 👠 on. Well no one even looked up which relieved me a lot. We sat at a booth across from each other. Ordered our food the waitress was great and complained me on how nice I looked. I thanked her and said my girlfriend did my makeup she?s the reason so anyway we get our order eat and we?re drinking a cup of coffee afterwards just talking when I really start freaking out. In come 6 police officers taking their lunch break and sit about 4 booths away.

Well to my surprise none of them said a word we did hear a bit of laughter right after they sat down but only for a few seconds then ordered food and ate. Anyway I?m still really nervous and ready to leave. So my friend pays the bill and I have to tinkle and reapply my lipstick and we leave. But it was a really strange stressful but at the same time really great experience of my first time out with a friend dressed. I hope it lets many new ones here that haven?t had that happen in their life to at least maybe try it at least once in their life and try not to be stressed like I was. It ended up being one of my fondest memories reguarding cross dressing I?d ever had.

It also opened my mind up and we did it again about a month later and it was very relaxing since I didn?t stress out like I did and ended up being many times to come and in all my years dressing have only had one time where we were harassed by some homophobes just being jerks. As a matter if fact we were at a different restaurant that night and the manager came out and told them to stop or she?d ask them to leave. Half the restaurant clapped. I was really red embarrassed but still was great. I hope this helps closeted or dadt girls it?s ok what they do. Make the best of any situation and try and smile and enjoy the moment even if it?s only one time. Just one of my stories let?s hear your?s.
    Be Yourself, Everybody else has been Taken......Oscar Wilde

I go to the beat of a different drummer

Susan Michelle

Banned Read only
    Have you kept that story locked up in your head for these past 25 years? Oh my.

Thanks for sharing - a very nice post
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 08-29-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Susan,

Thanks for sharing your experience and yes I hope it does inspire anyone teetering behind the front door to turn the handle and step out.

I've said it before and I'm happy to repeat myself, I feel one of the worst thing would be lying on your death bed thinking, "I wish I'd............". Being out in the Real world is something every CD'er should experience if only once.

Fifteen years after your first sortie out the world has moved on and while wrong to say there're no haters out there a new generation has grown up were sensuality and gender variance is far less of an issue.

Platinum Member
    Hi Susan That was a great story with a happy ending, >Orchid ,oooo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    That was a great way to be introduced to the world, Susan. I had to make my first ventures out solo. Would have loved having the support of a GF !
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Susan, your experience is why, altho I've gone out in public dressed countless times, I despise going to vanilla venues. Like Denny's, the mall, etc., etc.
    Unless it's with a big party of T girls. Where no one will focus on me. And, any trans-phobe with a brain will look the other way and keep their mouth shut!

But then again, I'm a CD. Not a ts!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I still don't understand why we all find it strange that we don't have to confront a big angry mob of villagers carrying pitch forks and torches every time we go out.

The vast majority might notice, chuckle to themselves, and forget about it.

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Susan. It's great to have such memories.
    After one of my first Girls' Night Out I locked myself out of my car while getting gas. My purse and phone where in the car, so had to go inside to use the phone. Spent over half an hour under VERY unforgiving bright lights until the locksmith arrived to open my car. I was well past my "expiration date" and must have looked a mess, but I survived.

I go out every week now, sometimes alone, sometimes with my wife to shop or just walk. Nobody seems to notice or care who or what I am. I'm sure someday I'll encounter a total jerk who will give me grief. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

The more you venture out, the easier it gets.

And, if you want to feel comfortable, the BEST places to go are the "vanilla" spots. I have had the best interactions with muggles in vanilla spots! If one goes to a spot where Trans-, gay, lesbian, non-binary, etc., are the "norm", then you never get to experience what it truly means to be femme!

My best experience was in a "gas & go" at 3 in the morning. I was on my way home, dressed for the club, but needed some gas and coffee for the ride back. There were two Arabic men in the place, one behind the register, the other looking at me as if I was going to rob the place blind.

I made my coffee, and headed to the register. The guy there said "You are looking gorgeous tonight!" I blushed, thanked him, and said "I need $10 on pump one" He rang me up, and actually walked me to my car and pumped my gas for me! An experience I would have totally missed, if I was in a group of girls!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Got a ticket while dressed (it was actually my second ticket while dressed).

It was a speed trap. On top of it, I was cited for having my license plate light out, which it wasn't.

So I went to court, dressed. My first appearance, I plead not guilty and got a trial date.

My second appearance (also dressed), I got the plate light charge dropped and plead guilty to 29 in a 25, no points, only court costs.

No one blinked that I did all of this dressed.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Susan Michelle, Great story. Obviously a night to remember.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I?ve actually had two strange experiences while out. The first one, I was out shopping at a Dillard?s department store outlet in Irving , Texas. I was waiting in line to use a dressing room. I very nice older man came up to me and asked if I would go into the dressing room, find his wife to help her zip up some dresses she wanted to try on. How could I say no? The woman monitoring the dressing room later thanked me for being so nice to help the older customer.
    The second occurred at a Burlesque show in St.Louis.The female emcee came around to all the tables at this very small venue asking the audience to introduce themselves. She also asked me why I (enfemme) was attending alone? I told her my girlfriend who was supposed to be with me that evening bailed at the last minute to take care of her kids. The audience must have really felt sorry for me. At the next table was a large bridal party attending the show. A few minutes later the bride asked me to join her group and I had a great evening out with about 20 GG?s. It was obvious they knew I was TG, but it didn?t seem to matter to them!

It’s nearly impossible to NOT have nerves the first time you go out. It happens to EVERYone. I can’t say I’ve had any particularly strange experiences. Or rather since I mostly just do Drag, all my experiences are a bit strange lol. One that sticks out though was my first time in high Drag. We were going to a brunch for my B-day so I was wearing a little “Birthday girl tiara. Waiting in line to get in, there was a little girl in front of us and this little girl kept hiding behind mom. I thought maybe the Drag queens were freaking her out. We started talking to mom for a bit, then she tells me the little girl is being shy because “She thinks you’re a princess”. Well I’ve gotten lots of compliments from adults, but I’ll always remember the little girl who thought I was a princess.

Silver Member
    My first time out was to meet a girl who became my mentor. She helped me to greatly gain confidence. We had a restaurant dinner, and one day she convinced me to go to a supermarket with her. So ladies, if you want to go out try to make friends with a local sister and do so together. You'll love the experience!
    (I JUST NOTICED that this is my 3,200 post, a nice figure for my 86th BD tomorrow)

Silver Member
    Great story. Thanks for sharing. I'm pleasantly surprised how accepting people, even cops, were 25 years ago. I would have thought that kind of acceptance was a more recent development.