Thread: Transition Completed

Transition Completed

I feel that I have completed my transition! Over the last two years I had FFS, GRS, and now a BA just eight weeks ago. While there are some issues with my GRS that have yet to be resolved, and I still have a lot of facial electrolysis to do, I am complete in my body and absolutely delighted. My body is for the first time in agreement with my soul! I live my life openly and without the shame and self disgust that I suffered from for so many years. I have girl friends and we do girl stuff together. I love it! My best girlfriend is my wife of over fifty years, she has totally supported me through transition each step of the way. Now it is my turn to support her as she has dementia and I am her full time caregiver.

Did my transition solve all of my psychological problems? No, it is hard to erase all the years of damage from from being born transsexual in an era when there was no understanding. I am deeply grateful to have lived long enough to benefit from the enormous paradigm shift in psychology and medicine towards people like all of us here on the forum. I am still a work in progress.

I have been a member of this forum for six years now, even longer as a viewer. I am very grateful to all of you as being a tremendous help to me over the years. You are all so awesome! Thank you!

To celebrate the completion of my transition I had a girlfriend who is a professional photographer do a photo session. Here are a few, including one of me and my beloved!
    0J1A3890 (Small).jpg

0J1A3943 (Small).JPG

0J1A4268 (Small).jpg

Hi Dorit,

Congratulations! Your new life awaits!

Marion

Banned Read only
    Dorit,
    What a wonderful story , thanks for sharing it with us .

It also good to see more taditional photography , I do miss those days , working with people in that context . Your friend has some great lighting skills , I feared all those abilities would be totally lost with the modern " Selfie " efforts .

Thanks for your update and beautiful pictures Dorit.

What a lovely update. Thanks for sharing your successful journey and hope your mental healing improves.
    I'm sorry about your beloved condition and hope you can find a way to make her life easier too.

Congratulations Dorit on completing your transition, now enjoy your new life ahead

Best wishes
    Janice

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    You are a beautiful human!!! I'm so happy for you!

Dorit,

I am so happy that you have found your place in life and are so contented. You have worked so hard to make it to this point. I thank whoever is up there to have blessed me with such a wonderful male life and now this new chance to live as a woman. Life can be wonderful sometimes.

Hugs,

Allie

PS: I really like your pictures, especially the one with your wife.

Aspiring Member
    Dorit,

Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us over all these years. I am happy for you and wish you many long good years ahead! Best wishes to your wife!

Katya

Dorit!

Peace, Love and all the best to you and your wife! I am so happy for you! You are an inspiration to me and I am sure to others here! May you continue to have an amazing life! Hugs to both! Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Dorit you are so lovely and I am jealous of the professionally done pictures. I had wanted a friend, who was a retired photographer, to take some quality pictures for me but he has moved to Colorado. Now all I get are pictures of mountains and deer.

congratulations your an inspirations

YAY! Congrats!

Gorgeous woman hun...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I just received more photos from the session, here are two that I just have to share with you all! As you can see, and I am sure Teresa will, these are not photo-shop pictures. My photographer will do this after I choose which ones I like the best.

0J1A4049 (Small).jpg

To remember Corona days!

0J1A4214 (Small).jpg]

Banned Read only
    Dorit,
    Well done , I never knew you were into " Pin Up " pictures .

As for PhotoShop , my era preceded that so I had to get it right with the camera and lighting on film . Digital killed photography for me , it took away the magic and artistry , I'm so glad I now have my painting instead along with some lovely friends in my art group .

Aspiring Member
    I admire not only your transition and its results, Dorit, but especially your courage to achieve it. It's an inspiration.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Dorit,

I wish you peace of mind and an open soul as you move forward. Congratulations and thank you.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

thanks Dorit for this post.

You had been one of my referents that impulsed me to be who I am today. Your wife look great but you look ages younger than her (it's a compliment for you)

Unfortunately I have the feeling that you're leaving us and please don't do it.
    I think that transition is more than the physical changes and especially for us is a never ending learning daily journey so I'm sure in the future you will have more wonderful experiences to share as Jeri Ann did few days ago....

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Quote Originally Posted by Devi SM View Post
    thanks Dorit for this post.

You had been one of my referents that impulsed me to be who I am today. Your wife look great but you look ages younger than her (it's a compliment for you)

Unfortunately I have the feeling that you're leaving us and please don't do it.
    I think that transition is more than the physical changes and especially for us is a never ending learning daily journey so I'm sure in the future you will have more wonderful experiences to share as Jeri Ann did few days ago....

Devi
    Thanks Devi, you are very sensitive. I was considering leaving but I will stay around for awhile. My wife is 9 years older than I am. My transition has made me look twenty years younger than my chronological age. The universal response to us from strangers is that we are mother and daughter! I do not bother to explain our complicated reality unless we become friends.

Dorit: What a gallery! So, when is your Vogue covershoot? I guess we should start ordering our Dorit 2021 calendars before they sell out! (smile) Keep enjoying, you deserve it.
    Marie

Aspiring Member
    Dorit,
    You are a beautiful person; and congrats on your success. Beautiful photos.
    Best wishes!

Such a great post congrats to. You and your journey and to the love you and your wife share ❤️

Nice pictures Dorit. My partner was 16 years older than I and we dealt with her Alzheimer's for .8 years before her death in 2011. Although her memory was fading, she was always the same lovely person she had always been.You are doing a good thing, a mitzvah, which has it's own rewards. My kindest thoughts and best wishes go out to you both.
    Donna
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Very inspiring. Congratulations!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator