Thread: camping em femme

camping em femme

This year I went camping with my trailer and tried something different came to the camp site as a drab male. One morning decided to go to the beach to sunbathe in my bikini so got dressed in my bikini demin skirt, pink t shirt wig sun hat a little make up and beach bag. Figured as it was around 7:30 8:00 AM not many people were up so went to the car and yes the people across from me were up and about. The good thing I did not panic kept my head held high and walked to the car and got in. Came back from the beach and calmly walk to my trailer from the car. Next week I am going with a GG camping she knows about Stephanie but never meet her so I am planning on introducing Stephanie to her and maybe stay em femme for a couple of days. This has got me thinking about going camping as Stephanie from my condo spending 4 days totally and coming home as Stephanie. Has anyone done this as I am looking for advice tips suggestions or am pushing the boundaries to much.

Stephanie**

Aspiring Member
    My family goes camping with many other families at least once a year. After a day or two, women skip makeup, doing much with their hair and don't dress that much different than their husbands. Not generally an activity to try to look fabulous. I don't think most people will notice unless you try to look fabulous and stick out.

Stephanie,

I've a towing caravan and a couple of years ago my SO went off with a friend from uni for 5 nights in Spain so I took the caravan away for 5 nights. Traveled in drab but once there and set up I spend the majority of the time enfemme. I must admit that I found it somewhat nervy leaving the van dressed but I don't really think folks paid me much attention.

I did arrive back late one night so had to park outside the barriers and walk in. I was in heels to start with but we all know the noise they make so I slipped them off to walk in bare feet. Inevitably some of the gravel from the pitches finds it's way onto the roadway and I think I found every bit of it on my way to the van, ouch ooh ouch.

The hardest things were doing my makeup as I didn't have a really decent mirror and finding space for all the footwear I took.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    This would depend on your level of enthusiasm for looking femme. As was noted above, camping and glam are polar opposites. So, if dressing in shorts and a tee, or jeans or a rugged skirt is your thing, have a ball. Most people aim for comfort when camping because the outdoors are rugged enough to begin with. My interpretation of dressing entails elements that are incompatible with the great outdoors.

Platinum Member
    You’re single, right? Fill your GG friend in on what you’d like to do. If She has no objections, then by all means, spend the entire trip en femme. If she has any issues, respect her wishes.

Respect can also be shown by what you choose to wear. This is a camping trip, so the clothes need to be camp-friendly. I’d personally shy away from anything you wouldn’t expect to see in that setting. That doesn’t mean you can’t augment with shapewear, etc to achieve a feminine shape. Even if no one else is around to see it, just knowing you have a more feminine shape will boost your confidence.

And also, what are you planning to do? Hiking, boating? Swimming? If you’re hiking remember to pack some hiking boots. They can look cute with socks . For swimming, I’d lean towards a one-piece with a shaper beneath. But that’s just me.

Finally, You mentioned returning to your condo in girl mode. Why not depart the same way and leave any trace of the guy behind.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 08-31-2020 at 06:17 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Get some women's running shoes in a feminine color (keep them clean), some stretchy jeans, feminine colored shirt or tee shirt, short socks, and a woman's light weight jacket. Be sure to wear hip forms. Stay light and glowing on the makeup. Have fun!

What a timely question for my wife and I. We just bought an RV to basically spend more girl time together. I can't fully come out at work, so we used to go to hotels a lot to get out and about. Once I retire I will probably go full time, but for now we got the camper, this past week to make things easier and fun at the same time. The plan is that when we leave home, we will pull over somewhere on the way to the campground and I will change over to femme mode. When we travel I usually don't pack any drab clothes other than what I am wearing and spend the travel time as me. We are going to try to frequent campgrounds that are closer to some of the cities as I get more comfortable with the jeans and tshirt mode that Monica described. For many of us who long to be out and about as the women we want to be, I am looking forward to finding my looks that let me pass for the most part in a more casual environment, and still be who I am. My wife has always been a bit more rugged in any event so this is a fun mix and we are looking forward to figuring this out and making it as fun as possible. We are also hoping that we can offset our hotel costs with this RV and get a bit more varied in our approach to being the type of couple that we are! We have not been out yet, but I will be sure to post the experience once we get out there, hoping to get out right after the busy labor day holiday. Did i mention the RV we bought is a 4 season RV, so we plan to camp year round, honestly another 8 to 10 years and we may go full time RV as well as another 8 to 10 years before I go full time women as well.

Stephanie, I am not as bold yet to go bikini in private let along in public, but wish you the best with that, if I had the body I am sure I would try, we do plan to do a lot of beach camping as we have that option around where we live, but it is one piece for this girl! I am all for pushing boundaries and making yourself more comfortable so good luck with your friend and hope you have a wonderful time!

Mattea
    Love makes everyone equal.

A trip like this would be a blast...if I could get the top bit right, don?t have a wig that looks right in a pony.

Aspiring Member
    Camping would seem the same en femme or in drab. Other than swim attire, everyone in the campsites wears pretty much the same thing. Women lose the makeup quickly. There is little difference between shorts and a t-shirt en femme or in drab. Hair length is no longer the distinguishing feature that it was 70 years ago. Camping is great fun for those who are into it, so please do not misunderstand my question. But how would we know when we are en femme?

I have done quite a bit of hiking en femme. Like going shopping in a different town, the chances of seeing someone you know are low, and it's a chance to do something fun. I have also gone to nude beaches en femme, which works because naturalist are typically very accepting.

Going away &not meeting anybody i know----A fireman on my watch went to Spain on holiday.On going out on the veranda he looked up at the next floor . There looking down at him was a senior officer from the station........

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    My interpretation of dressing entails elements that are incompatible with the great outdoors.
    I have this image of the OP heating water on the campfire to shave with ! lol I will take the 5 star hotel bathroom with the nice mirror,any day !
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I guess it depends on the level of femininity u wish to present, Stephanie? I dress to the 9's or not at all!

So, throwing on women's jeans or shorts, a V top T shirt, and tennies is NOT crossdressing for me!

But, if it blows your hair back? Go for it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    I would not wear a bikini because I could not wear my hip and butt padding. I see far to many crossdressers on youtube who put all that effort into boobs, clothing, makeup and hair and then go walking around with no hips at all. 47-37-37. Not a good look.

An actual RV with standup headroom, and hot running water would be great for crossdressing as you can leave home as a male, pull into a parking lot and change and stay female until you change back to come home. And you would have room for your stuff. Tent camping and such would be difficult.
    Krisi

This sounds like a great idea. i own an RV and never thought of this.

I commented about my camping experiences in my younger days in another thread. Our destination was not a KOA campground along the interstate but a Canadian wilderness lake where we would load the boat with all our gear and stake out a spot on an island. Food had to be stored securely and tied off on a tree branch out of the reach of bears and we had to watch for moose along trails. Anyone packing more than the very basics would have been a liability.

My only other camping was at race tracks full of hundreds of rowdy fans with little or no tolerance for alternative gender expressions. One destination was a small town in central Iowa that adds 20,000 to their population for four days in August. Iowa is hot that time of year so picture a tent, upper 90's and humid. The saying down there is that it's so hot that you can hear the corn grow. Add makeup and feminine clothes and it would have been a disaster.

My camping was always pretty basic with no frills in situations that were less than ideal for crossdressing. That is why when camping and crossdressing appear in the same sentence I struggle to square the two. Today in my late 60's the ideal "camping" trip would be an air conditioned motel with big screen TV and strong wifi and a lounge within walking distance.

I relate my camping experiences to my attempts to prove my masculinity before I accepted that I am a crossdresser. They are both good memories for the fun times and bad memories for the over the top guy things that were a part of them

SO and I camp with a travel trailer. I have worn Shorty PJ's many nights. I also wear sketcher sandles around the camp sight when no visitors are present.
    joank
    Southern California

Although I haven't read everything posted, this thread has brought a good perspective to mind that I hadn't thought of. It is our intentions to retire in a motor home and travel. One of my purposes/intentions is to dress how I feel like I want to dress, whenever I choose. I hadn't thought too much about what specifically I might choose to wear past sitting around the campfire in a night gown!

So with that I'll have to go shopping!!! Need some girl jeans and such! YAY!

Thank You

My wife and I travel in a 36 foot class A with 2 slides we bought last year to replace our old one with no slides. Over the past five years whenever we travel I dress full time. I try to dress appropriately for whatever situation we are in. We enjoy amusement parks, flea markets, hiking in the woods along a stream, we also enjoy dinners out and exploring new places. They all require different outfits and makeup. anything from jeans or shorts to fancy dresses. Showering and dressing in the motor-home has been no problem. When we sit out at night at the campfire I generally wear what everyone else is wearing, jeans or shorts, something comfortable. We have been rving for about 35 years and I have seriously not seen anyone over the age of 10 sitting out by the campfire in a nightgown.

My only other camping was at race tracks full of hundreds of rowdy fans with little or no tolerance for alternative gender expressions. One destination was a small town in central Iowa that adds 20,000 to their population for four days in August.

Knoxville? LOL

This is the first year we have stayed home. COVID-19.. We spent about 6 months in our rv. I like to dress like an Iowa Farm wife. you know, chic elastic waist jeans, a columbia shirt, tennis shoes

We camp mostly at Forest Service camps. One of my favorite memories is camped outside Bishop CA, it was so hot, we were parked by the river next to a picnic table. My wife wanted a 'fashion show' and I obliged her. That was a pleasant week.

We were camped in a City park in Wichita Falls TX. It was hot adn we stayed in the trailer in the a/c most of the time. I had bought a white sleeveless camp shirt from Sears and a pair of navy elastic waist capri pants. I had on flip flops. We decided to go out to pick up... this was several years ago. I told her I would go get ...thinking the place had a drive thru....it didn't. I went in and picked up our order. At first I felt self conscious then I just decided the heck with it.

When I got back to the trailer and told her there wasn't a drive thru....we both laughed.

since this virus stuff, we just stay at home.
    Last edited by Ozark; 09-11-2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: grammar