Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door bell keeps ringing

Door bell keeps ringing

Today am working from home. I always work from home.

So, I am doing a little light dressing. No makeup or doing my hair.

I am dressed, the doorbell rings. It is the guy hanging my garage door.

I get changed quickly back to drab mode. That taken care of, I get dressed again.

The doorbell rings again. The neighbor dropping off a 8 ft step ladder I asked to borrow. Quick change back to drab mode. I thanked him.

I go back to dressing and back to work. The doorbell goes off again! Quick change. Now what? The garage door guy tells me he needs something back at the shop. I told him just do it, no need to tell me his every move.

I go back to dressing. I swear the next time the doorbell goes off I am not changing. I am a angry woman now so look out!

Natalie

I agree! Let the next one have it girl!

Go for it, Natalie! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    I say go for it. If you can't dress in your own house, where can you dress?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My door bell rings when I'm dressing? I just don't answer it!

The other day my gardener walked around my house banging on every door! We were shooting pics inside and I was made up to be the Queen of Hearts!

My friend threw on a robe and went out and shooed him away!

P1500007 (640x606).jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 09-02-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ding-dong,ding-dong,ding-dong
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I don’t change to answer the door. It’s just too much trouble. If the person at the door doesn’t like it, they can leave. My house, my rules.

Platinum Member
    Been there and did that until I reached the same point and decided that I was not changing for anyone. It worked out fine.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member
    Unless you are wearing women's pants, throw on your MALE bathrobe. Like Doc Sherry said, I don't answer the door when I'm dressed.

Banned Read only
    We have building work going on at the moment, so to be able to dress:

My wife has to be out for at least 2 hours.
    The builders need to be off site.
    There are no parcels to be signed for.
    There are no building materials to be signed for.

I thought all of those criteria were met yesterday, and there I am with underwear, 2 layers of shapewear, a button up blouse, a 4 button fastened skirt, tights and a freshly straightened wig on, and a delivery lorry with 4 tonne of sand turns up and they need me to tell them where they can offload the materials.

It felt like I had to undo 20 buttons in addition to not laddering my brand new tights, and then find some male clothes to throw on and be able to walk outside.

I disconnected my doorbell. It now works just the way I want it to.

As the saying goes "hells bells what now" I have a proper bell fixed to my gate post and an electric one on my front door I am always dressed now, so many people know of and about me and those that dont, like the man that came to deal with my hornet problem (see in the lounge my wasp and hornet saga) take me as I am. I am more than content being en femme now than I was a couple of years ago
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post

I go back to dressing. I swear the next time the doorbell goes off I am not changing. I am a angry woman now so look out!

Natalie
    No need to be angry Natalie! Just be you. You're paying the garage door guy, it he is half way intelligent, he won't say boo.

And, truth to tell, being dressed is not as big a deal as folks make it out to be.

Good luck.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    Ding-dong,ding-dong,ding-dong
    good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    Today am working from home. I always work from home.

So, I am doing a little light dressing. No makeup or doing my hair.

I am dressed, the doorbell rings. It is the guy hanging my garage door.

I get changed quickly back to drab mode. That taken care of, I get dressed again.

The doorbell rings again. The neighbor dropping off a 8 ft step ladder I asked to borrow. Quick change back to drab mode. I thanked him.

I go back to dressing and back to work. The doorbell goes off again! Quick change. Now what? The garage door guy tells me he needs something back at the shop. I told him just do it, no need to tell me his every move.

Natalie
    Bummer! I just hope that you didn't have any Amazon orders due to arrive today as well to add to the pandemonium.

On the other hand, it could have been the Avon Lady, in which case you would likely have been thrilled to have her come calling...

Sounds like you should learn to like quick changes! Been in that situation and after a while it became a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

"And, truth to tell, being dressed is not as big a deal as folks make it out to be."

Just these few words sums up precicely what a majority of the time life is like, I have no problems wherever I go, maybe i live in a very accepting region, I dont know but I do have a good life here
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I too realized there was no point in changing or covering up if I was wearing ordinary outerwear. I finally let myself have the space that I envied for females, and then I was no longer embarrassed. I just welcome the postman or delivery warmly and thank them, and make the normal small talk.

I've only had two outcomes-
    a) no reaction beyond an appraising look, quick nod and they're off, which is most typical, since they see hundreds of people of all types in all situations. They don't want to interact. If anything I will become a story for the day to add interest to the monotony

b) a moment of surprise and bewilderment, and then they adjust- realizing "oh- some kind of trans person" and then they feel some pride in being able to be civil and carry on. And nothing is out of order- just being with a mirl for the first time.

I always feel good afterwards, that the world is a little bit more informed about gender variance. And I enjoy the not hiding, too, that I am able to enjoy being en femme in daily life!
    We are all beautiful...!

Reality Check
    You know you don't have to answer the doorbell. If you had been at work, you wouldn't have even known someone was ringing it.

Figure out a way to see who is ringing the doorbell without them being able to see you. Or get one of the electronic doorbells you can answer with your cell phone. Then you can make the choice of whether to answer or not. And with the electronic one, you can talk to the person without showing yourself.

Typically, I'm wearing a wig, boobs, padding and a dress or skirt so I don't answer the doorbell. The mailman rings it when he leaves a package. UOS and FedEx just drop the package and don't bother with the doorbell.
    Krisi

Hi Natalie, I know your frustration! I had something similar, except it was the police looking for someone who skipped bail. Great, just a minute, be right there! Take off the dress, breast forms, put on jeans, and a tee shirt. Thinking all the while I am not letting them into my house, my en femme cloths are all over the living room! They were being polite, explained what was going on, apparently the guy used my house number but not the same street. They explained that generally these kind of people aren't too bright so they were just going to all the same house numbers in the area. LOL

Banned Read only
    Natalie,
    Nowdays I would feel worse answering the door in male mode .

This morning , very much like you , the door bell rings , it was a guy I walk my dog with returning my minidrill , he had his wife in the car so I invited them in for coffee , as we are chatting the door bell rings , a guy wanted to know if I needed my rain water guttering washing , I thanked him and told him I do it myself . So nice not to have to rush off and change and so stress free !

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I am not really a TG person so I do not want people to make that leap in their heads.
    I am new to this area. Houses are very close to each other. I cannot just fling the doors open. My wife would totally kill me if I were to show myself to the neighborhood in full expression.

Therefore, I will change if dressed or if I know it is a delivery person that is not living here, it is what it is and I let them deliver as I would be Natalie.

Trying to dress with hair and makeup is a lot of work. And I can see that after a few hours of working from home I am started to look a little like I have been out all night.

How do women do it and look fabulous all the time? Did I tell you that I love women?

Natalie

Natalie, I know what you can do to solve your problem with people ringing your doorbell. Stop doing business with men and only consult with Mary Kay, Avon and other women. That way you can allow them to test their products on you, and you for sure would welcome the doorbell ringing.

Sorry, Natalie, I had to pick on you. I think all of us has been in your shoes at some point, even myself, more times that I can count.

I will have to find some women that install garage doors.

If someone rings the door bell while i am dressed I just ignore it, they generally go away. Any friends or family call first.