Thread: Deja vu

Deja vu

Hi Girls

Hope you are having a great day. So I had to post this because when it happens it freaks me out. I was at my computer working on a spread sheet. There I was tapping away with my pink nails and then it hit me like I have done this before. I just bought the nail polish so it is not like I did this before at lease with that color. Sorry, it just blows me away when it happens.

Have a great day

Hugs

Valerie

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    You're connecting with yourself in a parallel universe!! (Who happens to be a GG )

I?ve had the deja vu happen to me many times in my lifetime, too many times to keep count. I think it?s possible that maybe it?s from maybe a past life or maybe pre-destination possibly. You know like our lives are already planned out obstacles are put into our path and it?s up to us to make the right or wrong path to follow. Just my opinion nothing more.

Valerie, i have the feeling that you've posted this here before.
    Seriously tho, it's an erie feeling when something like that happens.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

They’ve found that Deja Vu is basically your brain misfiring and crossing signals from the memory center or whatnot. It’s an odd sensation but just our brains doing their brain thing.

True. Something to do with a part of the brain processing and storing the data a split second before the conscious mind does. When the latter finally kicks in, it finds an existing memory echo of what it is munching.

Quote Originally Posted by Krea View Post
    Valerie, i have the feeling that you've posted this here before.
    Seriously tho, it's an erie feeling when something like that happens.
    LOL

I have had Deja vu on a different scale. I rarely remember dreams, but once in a while I have had very vivid dreams that I remember and some time later I am living what I had dreamed. I have sat with my wife and told her about a dream I had the night before and it might be a week or year later and I look at my wife and ask her if she remembers the dream I told her about, and we just lived it.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...science-d-j-vu
    Last edited by Pumped; 09-03-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    They?ve found that Deja Vu is basically your brain misfiring and crossing signals from the memory center or whatnot. It?s an odd sensation but just our brains doing their brain thing.
    that explanation just doesn't work - at least for me.
    When it happens to me, I can PREDICT with total certainty what's going to happen / what people are going to say - about three seconds BEFORE they do.
    It doesn't last long - maybe 10-15 seconds max.

I can't say that I've ever have femme deja-vu experiences, though. It's always something boring.

Banned Read only
    Valerie,
    It is quite scary when it does happen , I can't recall the exact incident but being in a strange place , somewhere you think you haven't been before and yet there are recollections of definite events at that location . Did I dream it , was it a premonition ?

Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    that explanation just doesn't work - at least for me.
    When it happens to me, I can PREDICT with total certainty what's going to happen / what people are going to say - about three seconds BEFORE they do.
    Micki's explanation actually works as he is talking about deja-vu, which is remembering a present event as a past event. You are talking about predicting future events, which is a different thing.

Platinum Member
    Yep, the old false memory thing. Our brains literally can fill in blanks in memory with random bits. Its the equivalent of the way the brain fills that blind spot where the retina connects to the optic nerve.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Right. That blind spot is never black, it always seems painted with what's next to it, although you can't really tell, because your brain is telling you something like "there's nothing worth seeing there". For those who never tried, close your right eye, and with your left focus on a remarkable spot exactly in the center of your vision (horizontal middle and vertical middle), the easiest to try is a black dot on a sheet of white paper. Then move your focus very slowly to the right, keeping on the same level vertically (very important, your eye must not go up or down). At some point the dot will vanish as you land on the blind spot, then reappear as you keep going to the right and exit it. When you notice that, if you go slightly back left it will vanish again as you come back to the blind spot. When you are right on it, you don't see anything weird, you just don't see it. Very interesting.
    Of course you can try with the right eye by going left instead of right.
    Last edited by DianeT; 09-04-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

Silver Member
    Back in the early 60s I had a dream that a boxer fighter would not be able to answer the bell for, i believe, the 6th round. Then it actually happened as my friends and I watched the fight. I had told them before the fight. I couldn't believe it, and they even more so. That sort of dream has never happened again!

Jenny, when I was a kid that happened to me all the time. By my late teens my foresight had completely gone away.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".