Thread: Date night

Date night

Hi, I am enjoying quite a girly day and I thought I'd share it.

Elissa and I have a date tonight and I let her know that I will be in girl mode. Our town has blocked off part of the downtown area that is lined with restaurants and they all have tables out in the street. (I shudder to think what?s going to happen when the weather gets cold.) So we?re having Japanese food.

I got up early to do yoga on the deck. I worked today but it was a very light day. I showered & shaved after yoga and then put my hair in rollers and donned my daytime outfit: lavender v-neck, Danskin bra, a cute multi-colored athletic skirt, and white Keds. I am still working at home but the housekeepers came today around 1:00 so Lyra, the dog, and I cleared out while they were here. I ran a couple of errands (yes, I do go out in rollers occasionally, I know it's embarrassing but sometimes it can't be helped) and ate lunch and worked for a bit at a lakeside park nearby. Finished work at about 3:00 and now lying on the couch. In an hour or so I'll get up, take Lyra for a walk, and then start getting ready: shave again, do my makeup, take my hair down and finger-fluff the curls.

Tonight I'm wearing a royal blue Prana dress, my curled hair back in a blue suede headband, a flowy cardigan and navy flats. Elissa will be dressed much the same.

I'm pretty lucky as you can see. I informed her up front that I'd be in a dress not to ask permission, but as a courtesy to give her the chance to respond. A couple of times she has said, "Aww I really wanted to see you be a man tonight," and I've happily agreed; again, not because I need her permission but because I know she is more attracted to me as a man and I want to be attractive to her. It's a fine line that we walk and, at least for the moment, it's working.

I hope all you US ladies enjoy the long weekend and if you are not being honest about your gender identity with the people closest to you I hope you can find the courage to start.

Warmly,

TT
    Last edited by TracyT; 09-04-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Wonderful story, but be mindful that not everyone is as lucky to have as understanding a spouse as you. For every story like this, there’s a story about a wife that bailed when she found out. So it’s wonderful that coming bout worked for you, but please trust that the people on this forum are better acquainted with their lives and loved ones than you, and will come out in their own time, should they choose.

Well said.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice story, Tracy. U r indeed quite lucky!

Now, remember this the next time u describe your fem self: One photo is worth a 1000 words!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It is a wonderful thing Tracy, but I suggest you take Micki's advice to heart and keep it all in perspective. Respect the other person's wishes and they will be more likely to respect yours. As Micki says, in a marriage it is often a different matter because of ideals, expectations and the duration of a marital relationship. There it can be a difficult balance. In that situation it is not about you but about the relationship.

Tracy, Very nice. Sounds like you had a great day.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Nicely put, Tracy. I'm pretty much where you are...
    Wifey and I went hiking yesterday (Saturday), I was in male mode. Today, we'll spend they day with family. (Definitely in male mode lol). Then Monday, a girls hike.
    We stick with what our situation dictates, and it's been working nicely for several years now.
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Reality Check
    re: "if you are not being honest about your gender identity with the people closest to you I hope you can find the courage to start."

My personal "gender identity" is that I am a straight male who likes to dress as and present as a female from time to time. My wife knows that and she is the only one who needs to know that.
    Krisi